What's the deal with Trading? 12/02/2020 03:26 PM CST
Howdy,

I'm trying figure out how to reliably train Trading as a low-level Trader (30s). It's been pretty frustrating to say the least, and I've never had so much trouble training a skill as I've had with Trading. I figured I must be missing something.

I used selling branches for a bit and that worked well for a few levels.
I use my tessera to learn Trading, but that only works during the night and the in-game time schedule doesn't cooperate with my real life playing schedule.
I have tried running contracts, but I can rarely get to 15/34, even after 45-60 minutes of Trading.
I can eke out a few bits here and there selling my skins and gems, but it's typically only 5/34 or so after many hours of hunting. I haven't been able to convince anyone to let me sell their gems/skins because I'm so young and there are always other more experienced Traders around.
I've raided donation bins for items, but that's also a trickle and not sustainable (not to mention crappy to take those items from other players).
I tried a couple work orders but that also provided very little experience and took WAY too long (sidenote: why is Crafting so dang complicated?).

What are my other options? Am I missing something? Am I just doing it wrong?! (Entirely possible, I admit)!

I apologize if this comes across as negative. I'm really just flummoxed! It is so easy to train every other skill with very little effort, so I just figure I am missing that secret sauce needed to unlock my true Trading learning potential. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Re: What's the deal with Trading? 12/02/2020 09:55 PM CST
Have you tried tasks from mags in crossing? not sure when you can start, but teaches fairly high.
Re: What's the deal with Trading? 12/03/2020 07:29 AM CST
Don't feel bad about feeling flummoxed: Early trading ranks can be a royal pain right where you sit down!

Tasks can start early, and even selling branches to Mags for starting coin will teach. When I did it, I learned about 5 circles worth of trading. Granted, that was long before the experience and stat resets. Also, try getting a trading ledger from the guildhall in Crossing and studying it. I was surprised that I could learn some trading and scholarship from that.

Good luck!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy