Trading Experience 06/01/2020 01:36 PM CDT
Curious - what are the best methods for training Trading other than gem pouches & caravaning?

Does anyone learn any appreciable amount of trading from work orders?

What other methods (if any) are feasible?
Re: Trading Experience 06/02/2020 03:16 PM CDT
As far as work orders are concerned, not really. Unless you mind doing work orders all day long, than you might get better experience.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Trading Experience 06/03/2020 01:23 AM CDT
If you like crafting, it's easy trading experience. In my opinion it is the only viable way to get it.

I dislike caravaning and selling gem pouches.. so your mileage may vary.
Re: Trading Experience 06/03/2020 02:13 PM CDT
>>If you like crafting, it's easy trading experience.

Thanks -

Do you have any data regarding which types of workorders / products / materials reward the most experience?
Re: Trading Experience 06/03/2020 11:52 PM CDT
I don't know if it's 1:1 but Trading experience correlates well with crafting experience. Use templates which challenge your crafting skill.
Re: Trading Experience 06/05/2020 05:08 AM CDT

Work orders give terrific trading exp, as well as learning the craft. If you do say a forging work order, then eng, then tail etc...
Best thing is to make sure you do more then 3 pieces. the more items in the work order the better payout = more exp
Re: Trading Experience 06/08/2020 06:38 PM CDT
Weirdly, it turns out that the fewer items you turn in with a work order, the higher the total payout you get.

I may be remembering wrong, but I believe someone did some testing and determined that the trading experience gain per item scales linearly. So turning in one six item work order will net you the same amount of trading experience that turning in three two item work orders gets you.

Anecdotally, I believe turning in higher difficulty tier items provides more experience as well. So picking up a technique so you can do hard work orders may help.

ā€œIā€™m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.ā€
Re: Trading Experience 06/09/2020 01:46 AM CDT
Well technically, you get more pay for more items in a work order. It's just that there's no reason to pick one 4-item work order, when you can get two 2-item work orders for the cost of spamming the society masters and get more pay for 2 smaller orders than one slightly bigger paying one.

Yes, turning in higher tier items provides more experience. It's not so much that there's a magical bonus for doing Hard orders, it's just that Hard orders are a tier higher than Challenging orders.

To quote myself: http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Traders/General%20Discussions%20--%20Traders/view/1712

I am pretty sure exp gain is linear for both number of items and tier. 6 items give three times the Trading of 2 items. Two Tier 10 items give 10 times the Trading of two Tier 1 items.

At mid-levels crafting exp sort of correlates with Trading exp (up to say, 500-600ish ranks), but eventually you'll want to be training at least two different craft skills. At 1200ish Trading and Outfitting and 1500+ Forging, locking both Forging and Outfitting would make about 12 WO items. I need about 20-22 to lock Trading from T11/T12 work orders. So at these relatively extreme levels, I probably should be training a third craft, but I don't have any at a level that warrants training without wasting a ton of time I would rather be doing combat/magic/survivals.

Of course, I'm well past 150th and I just get Trading as it comes now, with liberal use of the Tessera for free Trading exp and stockpiling WO items and dumping them whenever I seem to be burdening on them.

Selling pouches/bundles is the fastest and most convenient, if you have a supply(ier).

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Trading Experience 06/09/2020 04:45 AM CDT
Actual numbers.

Crafting:
1516 Forging. 5 T12 sieves got to 30/34, 6 to 34/34. 50 workability MC steel.
1309 Outfit. 5 T11 survival belts got to 34/34 (a consistent 7/34 each). 50 workability storebought linen.

WO turnins, 1269 Trading
From 0/34, 3 T11 survival belt WO 12/34, plus 3 T12 sieve WO 24/34, turned in so fast that there was no drain pulse from start to finish.

So need about 17-18 WO items to lock Trading. Bit fewer than I expected, because I jumped from T10 pestles to T12 sieves at 1501. Even though Challenging WO paid significantly less than a Hard WO, the tradeoff was I was doing 1-vol WO pestles instead of 3-vol sewing needles, saving on metal use and burden.

Also, the time I did weaponsmithing ristes, those take significantly more time/actions to make, so they would yield fewer crafted per mindlock.

Naniaki Felyran

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
Re: Trading Experience 06/11/2020 03:50 PM CDT
27.11% 2 Tier 3 2-dart orders, Easy orders
Trading: 242 13.93% clear (0/34)
Trading: 242 20.01% thinking (5/34)
Trading: 242 41.04% clear (0/34)

45.18% 2 Tier 5 2-pestle orders, Hard orders
Trading: 242 41.04% clear (0/34)
Trading: 242 41.04% attentive (10/34)
Trading: 242 86.22% clear (0/34)

5/3 * 27.11 = 45.183

I rest my case at present.

Naniaki Felyran