Questions and Observations on magic 07/09/2019 07:06 PM CDT
Hi.

One thing I find very frustrating as a trader is when and maybe its my bad luck but every time I want to do combat stuff it seems cloudy all the time. I use noumena spell as high as I can whether day or night but because of cloud cover says I can't cast the spell because of said clouds.

I know Moon mages can cast spells regardless of cloud cover well most of them.

Cant we since we are using Lunar magic have something similar.

I can't always get into the game when its clear skies being in the UK i'm 5 hours ahead of eastern time and 6 ahead of game time.

My other question is it possible to havbe another utility spell to train other than noumena what about a spell that allows us to see through clouds a lot better than noumena say with a min cast of 5 like Piercing gaze for moon mages.

I love Trader Magic and being able to have a caravan lead from outpost to outpost I just don't like having to rely on either the cloud cover or the area where I want to hunt which is bone wolves has zombies there at night.

Thanks.
Re: Questions and Observations on magic 07/09/2019 10:18 PM CDT
Heyo!

Noumena is one spell you should be able to cast without the clouds interfering because it is a low-tier spell, as well as a prereq for a bunch of others. You may need to raise your lunar, attunement, and utility skills. Fortunately, Noumena is a utility spell. I usually charge my cambrinth rod up to 24, prep noumena at 8, and can get past cloud cover with little trouble. You may be having difficulty because of daylight rather than clouds- and I agree that can be annoying.

You might want to invest in a GAF scroll and use that to research magics until you have enough skill to cast a strong enough Noumena so you'll have the starlight aura you need for a bunch of the other spells.

Good luck!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Questions and Observations on magic 07/14/2019 06:01 PM CDT

> I know Moon mages can cast spells regardless of cloud cover well most of them.

No, no no no no. Please don't start a GvG verses moon mages. Traders are way better off than moon mages in the "arbitrary penalty because obnoxious mechanics are a substitute for depth and interplay" category of magics. Excluding a single spell, we have a way to bypass the moonlight requirement with enough skill and planning. Moon mages without a moon up, or worse... the right moon up, are just flat out screwed out of half of their spells.

> My other question is it possible to havbe another utility spell to train other than noumena what about a spell that allows us to see through clouds a lot better than noumena say with a min cast of 5 like Piercing gaze for moon mages.

You only need 100-200 ranks to get past cloud cover. That's really quick, and it can be augmented with spells like SAP from clerics, and the mastery feats (must haves IMO). Honestly, it's not cloud cover that's the problem. It's that you can't regenerate moonlight in doors. The device helps mitigate this a great deal, but I wish noumena with a high enough cast would give us at least a passive source of light for those extended hunting sessions.
Re: Questions and Observations on magic 07/14/2019 07:20 PM CDT
"No, no no no no. Please don't start a GvG verses moon mages. Traders are way better off than moon mages in the"

Woah... that was intense. Let's try and keep the friendly discourse a little more easy going and less insistent. ;)