Is the noumera aura regen working in sunlight? 04/25/2019 01:43 PM CDT
No clouds, at dusk, no regen. As soon as sundown hit, regen. 80 mana noumera on with 130/100 potency/duration and another with 130/100.

Edited log:

R> time
It is currently fall and it is dusk.
You're positive it's 6 roisaen after the Anlas of Meraud's Cloak.

> obs sky
You glance up at the sky.
The autumn sky above is a bright, cheery blue.

> Cast (80 potency cast, 75 in camb)
The spell reaffirms its hold on your psyche.

[I tried releasing it and casting it directly, no go]

> per aura
You close your eyes and take a measure of your aura.
The smallest hint of starlight flickers within your aura (1/8).
Local conditions prohibit your aura from growing.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

As soon as sunset hit I had optimal growth in the same room.
Re: Is the noumera aura regen working in sunlight? 04/25/2019 08:33 PM CDT
I use Noumena a lot, and it doesn't seem to function in sunlight.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Is the noumera aura regen working in sunlight? 04/26/2019 04:16 AM CDT
I am unable to replicate this. When you cast Noumena, did you get its messaging about the sun? What was the location?

GM Grejuva
Re: Is the noumera aura regen working in sunlight? 04/26/2019 06:47 AM CDT
Noumena can be cast during the day, but it doesn't seem to help with growing the aura. Now, there is another spell (which I don't have yet) that does do that. Anyway, I'll take a look this evening.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Is the noumera aura regen working in sunlight? 04/26/2019 11:38 AM CDT
> I am unable to replicate this.

I can't right now either. I can't see the random rolls, but the differences I can see are cambrinth, messaging, and time of day. Here's what I see mid-morning, same location (Empath guild, crossing).

> time
It is currently fall and it is mid-morning.

> per aura
A faint amount of starlight illuminates your aura. (3/8)
Local conditions are hindering the growth of your aura.

R> release nou
The Noumena spell wanes and the perceptual world reasserts itself before your psyche.

> per aura
A faint amount of starlight illuminates your aura. (3/8)
Local conditions prohibit your aura from growing.

recasting at 20 base cast, 61 pulled from camb, 130% duration, 70% integrity

> cast
You gesture.
Your cambrinth prism emits a loud snap as it discharges as much power as necessary, leaving a great amount left for future use.
The spell imbues you with an artificial sense of revelation. The world around you seems somehow both more and less real at the same time, trapped behind an unbreachable wall of perception.
The Sun also fails to hide the cold reality of the stars. The truth of the Heavens still flows, and so your aura is enriched.

recasting - 5 mana base, 71 pulled from cambrinth

> cast
You gesture.
Your cambrinth prism emits a loud snap as it discharges as much power as necessary, leaving a large amount left for future use.
The spell imbues you with an artificial sense of revelation. The world around you seems somehow both more and less real at the same time, trapped behind an unbreachable wall of perception.
The Sun also fails to hide the cold reality of the stars. The truth of the Heavens still flows, and so your aura is enriched.
You strain for deeper revelation, to call down true starlight through the veil of the Sun, yet it eludes you. Perhaps you have not yet achieved true understanding. Perhaps there is a reality to perception. You may never know.

> When you cast Noumena, did you get its messaging about the sun?

I checked my logs. I received this message:
The clouds are no match for your revelation. Though they may hinder you, they do not extinguish the stars. The subtle energies continue to flow over Elanthia, suffusing your aura.

There were no clouds when I observed. Is it possible the cloud cover changed between the observe and the cast? Would cloud + sun make it so the sun effect doesn't work?

> What was the location

Empath guild, crossing.

> Noumena can be cast during the day, but it doesn't seem to help with growing the aura. Now, there is another spell (which I don't have yet) that does do that. Anyway, I'll take a look this evening.

No, it's Noumena. It does, or is.
Re: Is the noumera aura regen working in sunlight? 04/26/2019 05:25 PM CDT
<<Is it possible the cloud cover changed between the observe and the cast? Would cloud + sun make it so the sun effect doesn't work?

This is my guess. It probably gets set at the beginning of the spell based on conditions at the time and doesn't update if conditions change.
Re: Is the noumera aura regen working in sunlight? 04/26/2019 11:35 PM CDT

I'm not sure what to think now. If there was a problem, it seems it was fixed.

> cast
You gesture.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges all its power to aid your spell.
The clouds are no match for your revelation. Though they may hinder you, they do not extinguish the stars. The subtle energies continue to flow over Elanthia, suffusing your aura.