The Trader Bonus formulas, for sure this time 03/13/2018 09:45 AM CDT
Today I finally got the last piece to remove as much uncertainty as I am uncomfortable with from my formulas.

I redid and reuploaded my page at https://elanthipedia.play.net/Trader_gem_selling_bonus.

But to mostly restate what I said about 10 months ago and have been saying since then.

The formula for the Trader bonus is Charisma*(Trading+App)=X

X gets plugged into 3 subfunctions:

For X less than or equal to 2100:
Y bonus = X/210, rounded down
Effectively from 0% to 10% bonus.

For X greater than 2100 to, let's call it 8400:
Y bonus = X/350+1, rounded down
Effectively bonus from 7% to 25%. Yeah, there's a brief drop from 10% to 7%. Lowbies miss it in the uncertainty of youth and random noise.

For X above 8400:
Y bonus = (X+444)/2211+21, rounded down
25% picked up right where the previous left off, all the way up to an apparent 50% cap. There's a very slight uncertainty here in the numerator (could be between 442 to 446 inclusive), but there will be few cases of people finding a difference in practice. Today I just solidified the divisor at 2211 as the last survivor to fit all known data.

Finesse is composed of a 2 part bonus. An obvious bonus to Charisma which affects the base formula, and a direct addition of Circle/10, rounded down.

Gem pouches can start to be sold at X = 2100 or higher.

The Trader bonus itself appears to be capped at 50%. However, the direct bonus from Speculate Finesse bypasses this cap. As circumstantial evidence, Naniaki has been seeing 40-60% bonus for nearly 6 years when not under finesse, but only 56-60% when under Finesse at his present circle. Due to +/-10% randomness, this is really only going to be noticed by Traders at or higher than 110th circle, the higher, the more obvious.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: The Trader Bonus formulas, for sure this time 03/13/2018 10:19 AM CDT

Good stuff.