Platinum Hands of Kertig 01/07/2018 04:45 PM CST
This is by far my favorite name for a spell! Is there a reason why it doesn't boost Alchemy? Will it boost Enchanting when it's released?
Re: Platinum Hands of Kertig 01/07/2018 05:24 PM CST
>>This is by far my favorite name for a spell! Is there a reason why it doesn't boost Alchemy? Will it boost Enchanting when it's released?

It already boosts three crafting skills. I highly doubt it will boost any more.

If I had to guess at the reason for choosing those particular three, it would be because those are the ones that could benefit most from hardened hands. They deal with heat, hammering, sticking the fingers with needles, etc.

- Navesi
Re: Platinum Hands of Kertig 01/07/2018 08:37 PM CST
>It already boosts three crafting skills. I highly doubt it will boost any more.

>If I had to guess at the reason for choosing those particular three, it would be because those are the ones that could benefit most from hardened hands. They deal with heat, hammering, sticking the fingers with needles, etc.

I would then counter with dragon form boosting every held melee weapon, and eagle form boosting every ranged weapon. (Numerous other guilds have similar acting buffs)

Also, do you not train Alchemy then? Accidentally slipping a finger into your mix? Dealing with toxic chemicals while mixing? This seems ripe for hardened hands.
Re: Platinum Hands of Kertig 01/07/2018 08:40 PM CST
Preach it.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Platinum Hands of Kertig 01/08/2018 07:13 AM CST
In defense of whoever posted it, that's actually the GM stance, that you can't boost all the crafting skills with a spell.

It hit the bards already, and they're better at magic.

Just because weapons work X way doesn't mean other skill sets get to.