Clerks, Attendants and More 07/17/2012 04:41 AM CDT
Greetings.

I just wanted to stop by and give you folks an update on (some of) what's in the pipes. I just made two releases and submitted three other projects for QC. Here's a quick rundown:

Releases:
These are currently live everywhere.
1) I made a resource tweak (invisible to you guys) in how caravans identify POC interior rooms for messaging when it arrives at its destination.

2) Shipping clerks will now tell you what your local dues are. Just ASK CLERK ABOUT DUES. It's in your ledger, but this is a more direct way of checking.

In QC:
These just went into QC. It can take a month (sometimes longer) to clear that, but we all hope sooner rather than later. I plan to make the releases as they clear.

1) I'm not sure how you guys refer to these items, but behind the curtain we call them "trader jewelry". They're special items that traders can get more appraisal info from regarding the various materials used to craft an item. There was an issue in how experience was being awarded for them that Arnimas and I tracked down; they should teach better once this update is released, though due to a cap in core APPRAISE mechs some of you may not notice. That's a separate issue that we're still sorting out, and I didn't want to hold this up while dealing with that.

2) You'll be able to ADJUST feedbags to change where they're worn. This will be something you'll need to see an alterer to have "unlocked" for your item in most cases. We may see about adding unlocked feedbags to the trader shops at some point, but in general, buying one that's already unlocked will be reserved for fests, auctions and quest treasure. Any LIVE alterer (sorry, no LTB scrolls) will be allowed to unlock this feature in any feedbag that currently can't be adjusted. It will be up to the alterer to decide if it makes sense for him/her to do it.

3) The attendant hireling will soon be getting an INVENTORY option. As long as you're holding a container in your right hand, he'll rummage through it and provide you with a vault-book style list of its contents. There's no fee for this.

I'm also looking into the requested tweaks to SPECULATE COIN, but that's fairly involved and touches on combat mechanics that I'm not familiar with just yet. My list of "some day" projects continues to grow, largely based on requests I've pulled directly from these boards, and I certainly have other projects I'm working on that I'm not ready to talk about at this time.

Just the same, I wanted to stop by and give you an update on the things I could. As always, more to come!

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Clerks, Attendants and More 07/23/2012 09:13 PM CDT
The trader jewelry component of this is now live in Prime and Platinum. TF will follow in a few days provided nothing crazy happens. As a reminder, there are two versions of the trader appraisal mechanics. The current change was to fix a bug in how exp was awarded on the NEW version; no changes have been made to the older system. The change should result in an overall increase in experience on these items that have more than one added appraisal line.

At the time of release, these were the items that were using the new mechanics, so you can better judge whether yours are affected or not. Note that this list is probably not complete, it was just the sample available at the time:

a curved steel iltesh with a carved bone hilt
a diamond-encrusted platinum lunchbox
a hammered copper lunchbox
a pink lunchbox emblazoned with a frolicking kitten
a studded steel shield with a central boss shaped like a snarling lion
a supple leather baldric with bronze fittings
a variegated chain balaclava
an archer's brace pad reinforced with bleached bone
an engraved ramshorn archer's ring
some variegated chain gloves

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Trader Jewelry 07/25/2012 07:55 PM CDT
More updates!

1) They can now be appraised while worn if you have a free hand to simulate removing it to do so.
2) Items sold at fests should now give you an indication of how well they will teach. The trader shop mechanics currently don't support this, but I'll see about updating those when I'm able to do so.
3) These updates as well as the previously released ones are now live everywhere, including TF.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate