Customizable items apprraisal 12/10/2007 04:37 PM CST
I'm not sure all shops run this way, but last couple I have used do. I'm going to use the gem shop on Aesry (forget its name) as an example. I first bought a silver and emerald por'nidrel. Then latter bought a gold and emerald por'nidrel. Appraising both gives a value of 1200 lirum. Thing is that listed in the catalog silver is only 500 additional cost, while gold is 5000 lirum. On top of this, the por'nidrel cost 5000 lirum unaltered.

What I'd like to see is that options to items that increase their cost also increase their appraisal value. I prefer to wear custom stuff that fits me than but stuff just because it appraisal value is high and helps appraising. And yes, I realize that this most likely make a big shop rewrtie, just like to see it added to the list of things to do. In the mean time how about making shop prices are equal to shop costs. Why does my por'nidrel appraise at 1200L when it cost me 5000L for the basic before upgrades?

Abison

I hear you, but do you think I was really listening?
Re: Customizable items apprraisal 12/10/2007 06:25 PM CST
Putting the stuff you appraise in a container and pulling it out helps with your problem. Also trader jewelry, which is the only way to train appraisal at higher levels, has to be held to get the full effect anyways so it might be a good habit to get into. I know its not a solution you may want, but sometimes you gotta work with what you got.

Madas Prosperious
Re: Customizable items apprraisal 12/17/2007 04:08 PM CST
The puzzle shop in shard does this too, ye buy a ruby scorpion tailband which costs about 5000 dok lets say and it apps at like 2 silver. I don't recall exacts, I know ye can barter them down quite a bit, and me being fairly young I can't barter down that much, but I doubt anyone can barter down that far.
Re: Customizable items apprraisal 12/17/2007 07:26 PM CST
free is better than bartering down. :-)

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>