Pawn Shop Pricing 09/05/2004 08:33 PM CDT
I would appreciate an update on pawn shop pricing because as it stands right now I can pawn a 8 gold item and I'm lucky to get 2 gold for it and sometimes a few silver. I would prefer getting a flat 20% of the value or something. Combat pays much better and currently on a stealing run my fines are near surpassing my income from stealing. Pawn shops should be brought inline with the tanner pricing and gem shop. These pay the same no matter how many thousands of tiny crystals you sell. Thanks.

~Terc~
Re: Pawn Shop Pricing 09/06/2004 12:09 AM CDT
Ditto. I think a 30% return is acceptible. As it is now any profitable items are sold, that drives down the price. The problem is that people are restricted in what they can steal, and with the surplus of people stealing, its impossible to make a profit short of the museum. I really hope the Trader GM's do something about this problem...

~~From Hell

"Then look for me by moonlight,
Watch for me by moonlight,
I'll come to thee by moonlight, though hell should bar the way."- Alfred Noyes
Re: Pawn Shop Pricing 09/08/2004 03:13 AM CDT
I dont see why they didnt just do that when they first said pawn prices would get fixed. Make the system recognize all store bought items and just give a flat 30% return on the store cost. If they want to impliment supply and demand, do that only on invasion items or something. Is anyone even working on this?
Re: Pawn Shop Pricing 11/26/2004 08:43 PM CST
It would be nice to see a system that allowed for Traders and Thieves to actually work together. Creating a deal where your 'darker' traders worked to fence stolen property back into the economy through the pawn shops that would be a profitable venture for both parts would be a nice addition.

___
Violence does not lead to more violence. The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead.
Re: Pawn Shop Pricing 11/28/2004 01:17 PM CST
one problem......

the trader GM has told us pawn shops are getting worked on.....

4 years ago....but still, hey, thats a start....right?

Aj the Last