Remember when... (and Questionnaire) 07/23/2003 11:24 PM CDT
..the Trader Shop first opened up, and had those onyx-inlaid broadswords that had heavy slice?

Remember how that affected Traders and the Economy?

Let's reminise...

Here's some question I'd like to hear your opinion on (GMs can chime in also, but please remember to put the disclaimer that it's your own opinion and not the opinion of Simu/DR/GMs) :

1. Do you think it was an unfair advantage that Traders could buy and resell the swords?

2. How do you think an item, sword that had stats of the 'best' forged sword, would affect the economy now?

3. Will it affect forging/forgers? How?

4. What if there was a limit to the number of swords sold?

5. What if the number you could buy depended on your circle/trading/charisma?

6. What if some of the items were festival items?

7. Or quest items?

-Veii

Veii's Veranda : http://drveii.mysitespace.com
- The Index of Trader Services -
Re: Remember when... (and Questionnaire) 07/23/2003 11:38 PM CDT
I remember those, unfortunately I don't think I could afford one at the time.

I think doing this now would be good: if it were done in a better fashion than just sticking those type of items in the trader shop where anyone with a pet trader 5th circle and up could buy it.

I would put both quantity and circle restrictions on it. This would balance it out I think.

Make it in multiples of 10 as far as selling:

At circle 10, you may buy 1, and only 1 of PokeyoureyeoutSword+5. at circle 20, you may buy 2. At circle 30 3. And so on and so forth. Also it would keep a tab, i.e. you circle to 20, and you already bought 1--you get to buy 1 more. And that's all. Til you get to 30th. Then again you get to buy 1 more. This way there would be "something for everyone" but not in such quantities that they would be overabundant.

~stabbity,whiff,thud~
Re: Remember when... (and Questionnaire) 07/24/2003 08:04 AM CDT
G'day,

<makes some notes>

Godrich de'Finchal

"And we will weep
To be so alone
We are lost!
We can never go home"

http://webpages.charter.net/plblack/trader.html
Re: Remember when... (and Questionnaire) 07/24/2003 12:52 PM CDT
<<1. Do you think it was an unfair advantage that Traders could buy and resell the swords?>>

Anyone can buy/sell weapons or armor. Traders have the advantage of using market tables.

<<2. How do you think an item, sword that had stats of the 'best' forged sword, would affect the economy now?>>

Best weapons back then do not compare to best weapons now.

<<3. Will it affect forging/forgers? How?>>

Read my previous post on how GMs are moving toward an Elanthia where player created items will be dominating the economy. This is why it would not be affecting Smithing, it would not be done.

- Admiral Rufflehouse

Smegul says, "Argh, Sky Giants hella suck."

Ruffles says, "Hella this, hella that, hella, hella, hella."