loss of many streams for casting... 02/18/2020 08:00 AM CST

I don't know what kind of bug I have come across, or what may have changed in the game mechanics.... but I have a strange issue on my trader. Logging in this morning I just got freshly healed up, so had no wounds, and promptly began backfiring every single spell I cast. Upon researching things, I discerned every spell he knows.... and somehow every spell discerned as being able to cast up to (30 streams below what I normally use) There were no debuffs in the room (empathy guild garden crossings) that I could sense, nor did anyone else see any. Oddly enough stellar collector was able to cast only 4 streams less then I normally use in that room. But, when I left and ran to my shop to open up for someone, everything casted and discerned as normal so apparently whatever the issue was either 'wore off' or was in that room. Any thoughts? It was literally every spell from every school I know, but as an example I can discern noumana up to 85 streams normally, and during the 'bug' it discerned at 56.... only STC was hit with a loss of 4 streams, everything else was between 20-30ish
Re: loss of many streams for casting... 02/18/2020 09:13 AM CST
Were you doing sorcery? Sounds like you got hit by the backlash effect that temporarily debuffs all of your magic skills.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Sorcery#Backlash_Effects

In the future, you can type 'EXP MODS' to see whether any of your skills are being buffed or debuffed.
Re: loss of many streams for casting... 02/18/2020 11:58 AM CST
For the future, "EXP MODS" will show you what buff/debuffs are applied to your character.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: loss of many streams for casting... 02/18/2020 06:44 PM CST

I do have a couple sorcerous spells, but haven't used them for a while. I haven't seen the issue repeat since though, so the backlash thing must be it. Thank you, at least that makes some sort of sense. I was so confused
Re: loss of many streams for casting... 02/18/2020 06:47 PM CST

Also, THANKS for that exp mods thing. I still earn something new daily in this game. Speaking of exp mods, I never realized until using that just how much PHK benefits us!