LGV not capping on a Moon Mage 03/09/2019 02:25 AM CST
So recently I picked up LGV on a scroll to play with on my Moon Mage. However, it appears to be behaving oddly. A typical augmentation spell cast at cap should result in a 40 minute duration and a 20% bonus to the skill. However, when I cast LGV at cap (100 mana), it only gives me a 28 minute duration and an 11% bonus to Shield.

My Trader gets the full benefit of casting at the mana level she can hit. She gets an 18% bonus and 30 minute duration at 70 mana.

I checked and 100 is definitely the cap (more than 100 goes down to 100 when I prep).

I tried casting with cambrinth and straight casting. No difference.

I tried outdoors, at night, just in case I needed to be in starlight. No difference. I checked with my Trader, too, to be sure it doesn't draw on starlight aura. It doesn't. Her aura remained the same even when casting indoors.

My spell stance was 130% Potency, 100% Duration, 70% Integrity. Just to be sure, I tried an Integrity stance and saw no change.

I checked my exp mods for random curses (haha Moon Mages), had none.

Oh, and I also checked out Tailwind on my Bard, which she has as a tattoo. It works as expected; she gets +20% to the relevant skills when casting at cap.

This is not bugged in game because I'm scared of the BUG verb in genie. Last time I tried it it crashed the FE.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: LGV not capping on a Moon Mage 03/09/2019 09:58 AM CST
Intended. Non-Traders get half power out of this spell, as well as Trabe Chalice and Fluoresce.

GM Grejuva
Re: LGV not capping on a Moon Mage 03/09/2019 02:20 PM CST
Okay, thanks for the response! I just thought I was going crazy.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: LGV not capping on a Moon Mage 03/09/2019 03:50 PM CST
> Intended. Non-Traders get half power out of this spell, as well as Trabe Chalice and Fluoresce.

> GM Grejuva

Is it possible an exception could be made here particularly for MM's? It'd be one thing if we were talking about one of the top dog guilds, but MM's are a bit different. I don't really have a horse in this race, as I don't play a MM, but currently they severely lack for both defensive options and offensive options. It's not like this would throw anything out of whack balance-wise.

Furthermore, there are plenty of Sorcerous options to get a shield buff. Sorcery has been portrayed as being intended to be tempting but dangerous, and a bit of a difficult choice for the character. Instead, Sorcery is just the right answer, and the benefits are numerous and significant while the drawbacks are largely toothless. Right now the choice is largely whether you choose to hinder your character for roleplay reasons or not, as there are virtually no benefits whatsoever of eschewing Sorcery once you learn to minimize risk.

Moon Mages have lacked for same-realm scrolls not on their list for a long time, and we really don't need reasons to make Sorcery more attractive. Maybe they could be thrown a bone here?

- Saragos