Traders and the Inkpots 01/22/2018 02:58 PM CST

I have the EchoExp plugin and whenever I invoke the tattoo I have which holds the spell Righteous Wrath, I do not learn anything, at least not sorcery.

!> invoke tattoo
Closing your eyes, you carefully bend some mana streams through the tattoo on your thigh.
The saturated tunnels in the tattoo form the foundation of a spell pattern. With this template in place, you begin preparing the Righteous Wrath spell.
That won't affect your current attunement very much.

!> harn 6

You tap into the mana from six of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
The spell pulses through your soul, rekindling your holy rage.

Emotional pain and exhaustion lingers in your mind, even after you regain rational control.
Re: Traders and the Inkpots 01/22/2018 03:58 PM CST

Are you at your mana cap for this spell?
Re: Traders and the Inkpots 01/22/2018 04:17 PM CST

Before blowing myself up? It would be at 7..and I still am not learning anything.
Re: Traders and the Inkpots 01/22/2018 04:22 PM CST

and that's with 123 in sorcery
Re: Traders and the Inkpots 01/22/2018 04:28 PM CST

Ok...my bad. You are right, I have to cast it at like 20 to make it even work. Sorry about this.
Re: Traders and the Inkpots 01/29/2018 02:40 PM CST

I'm learning well from a RW inkpot with invoke tattoo and 7-8 mana in cambrinth. This is with 67 sorcery.

One thing I noticed again last night is something that I also noticed with scrolls: when I first learn it, it seems easier, like there's a hidden buff for the first 24 hours, or first logout, or something. Or, maybe there's less RNG swing so the casts are more predictable.
Last night, a minimal invoke or adding 5 mana would be successful but with zero learning. Adding 8 mana via cambrinth was most successful, and the fastest sorcery I've trained on a Trader.

This morning, charging with 8 blew my skin off quickly. I dropped down to 7 to complete my training, but otherwise, it's working.

Thank you,

Mithgrek, player of.