Mo Magic Mo Problems 12/27/2017 08:08 PM CST
> app focus magic
You search inward to examine your magic skills, focusing beyond any individual details. Instead you concentrate your efforts toward honing your knowledge of inner magic based on that abstract.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

> app focus check
You are currently researching a project involving inner magic.

Breakthrough!
You've pored over the possibilities, weighed out the consequences, and dismissed a few flawed techniques. Finally, you think that you've grasped a new approach for the subtleties of inner magic inspired by its abstract. All that's left is to put it into practice.

> app focus check
You have completed research awarding you a bonus to the rate you absorb your inner magic training.

> ask mo about magic
Mo blinks at you incredulously and exclaims, "Magic?! Barbarians don't need no stinkin' magic!! Off to one of those sissy guilds with you!" He suddenly grabs you by the collar and tosses you out the door!

That last one is unrelated, I just happened to be in the neighborhood as I was writing this, and revealed a far more hilarious bug for the Barbarian folder.

“I’m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.”
Re: Mo Magic Mo Problems 12/27/2017 08:57 PM CST
This might void the warrenty, but

> focus marendin
You can't focus on the shard Marendin because you aren't trained in the ways of magic.

“I’m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.”
Re: Mo Magic Mo Problems 12/27/2017 09:01 PM CST
>>This might void the warrenty, but

Heh.

The Negotiants would not be pleased, but I'll try to figure out appropriate messaging.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Mo Magic Mo Problems 12/27/2017 09:17 PM CST

Instant death would be funny. As we embrace our new lunar magic powers. ; )
Re: Mo Magic Mo Problems 12/27/2017 09:19 PM CST
>>Instant death would be funny. As we embrace our new lunar magic powers. ; )

I mean, focusing on a Grazhir shard doesn't technically break the contract. And technically correct is the best kind of correct.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Mo Magic Mo Problems 12/27/2017 11:21 PM CST
>>I mean, focusing on a Grazhir shard doesn't technically break the contract. And technically correct is the best kind of correct.

I'm still waiting to get a look at this contract, is it actually available in game somewhere?

And now I'm curious, if a Trader used one of those Moon Mage enchantments that lets non-Moon Mages travel through the Astral Plane would, or should, something bad happen?

Re: Mo Magic Mo Problems 12/28/2017 07:40 AM CST
>>And now I'm curious, if a Trader used one of those Moon Mage enchantments that lets non-Moon Mages travel through the Astral Plane would, or should, something bad happen?

The long and short of it is that the Traders are prohibited from touching the Plane of Probability. Ever. They may not predict the future, or cast magic that relies on the PoP to function. That said, both the Traders negotiating the deal and the Arbiter are highly precise in their dealing. Using a magical device like the astral guide isn't you, yourself, casting the forbidden magic. The Negotiants would look balefully at you but have no grounds to invoke the breach clause (whatever terrible thing that is).

That's all. Whatever specific purpose the Arbiter has planned for magic-using Traders, it either lost in negotiations or, a little more ominously, will happen without any additional need for concessions.

-Armifer