Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/17/2017 04:06 PM CDT
Wow, this thing was broken in several different ways. I think I've squished all the bugs, and this outpost should be financeable for the first time ever.

GM Grejuva
Re: Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/17/2017 05:55 PM CDT

Well, either someone beat me here or he's still a bit buggy. I tried various denominations but got the same response.

> ask mhar about finance

Mhar looks you over with his cold gaze and says, "Well, yah. I sometimes look fer an able trader to help get me da money what I need to work. Bein' out so far from da city makes it tough to be gettin' da extra coin I need."

After a moment of consideration, Mhar continues, "Mebbe you'd be interested in financin' dis ol' Dwarf for a time? Just give me some coin and ol' Mhar'll take it from there."

> give mhar 100 plat
Mhar checks his records and says, "Sorry to tells ya, but someone's already financin' ol' Mhar's operation. I ain't acceptin' any more funds 'til I use up what I got."
Re: Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/17/2017 06:49 PM CDT
>>Well, either someone beat me here or he's still a bit buggy.

They did! Unlike before, I can now verify it's a real player. :)

GM Grejuva
Re: Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/17/2017 08:17 PM CDT
>They did! Unlike before, I can now verify it's a real player. :)

i was under the impression that all these financeable gem shops were queue shops that allowed 10 investors each, and rotated through them to use funds.
i remember reading a gm post about this long ago, but i guess it might of had technicalities that i didn't pick up on.

if they're not, which it sounds like they are not, this is something i would support
Re: Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/18/2017 03:03 AM CDT
>>i was under the impression that all these financeable gem shops were queue shops that allowed 10 investors each, and rotated through them to use funds.

That update was only for the furrier outposts, unfortunately. The gem outposts should get it too, but I haven't dug into it yet.

GM Grejuva
Re: Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/18/2017 02:30 PM CDT
>>That update was only for the furrier outposts, unfortunately. The gem outposts should get it too, but I haven't dug into it yet.<<

Godking hands Grejuva a shovel. lol :D

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=Gamin
Re: Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/20/2017 12:22 PM CDT
>Well, either someone beat me here or he's still a bit buggy. I tried various denominations but got the same response.

dont worry buddy, you're not missing out on any amazing business at this outpost

after several days :
>Mhar flips through a creased ledger and says, "I see ol' Mhar's still got 900000 Dokoras of ya investment left to buy gems with. Dat's with my ten percent fee taken out, of course."

i dont think the average person really knows about this gem shop....
Re: Blackthorn Canyon Gem Outpost 10/20/2017 12:26 PM CDT
I prefer using financed shops, especially outside Crossing but so often in the past I'd find them unfinanced and useless to me I stopped going to them. I think what kills Blackthorn Canyon and Ilaya Taipa to a lesser extent is that they're outside normal pathing people take and RT per room move to and from further discourages people from using them.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.