Shop financing being too generous 05/15/2016 01:27 AM CDT
I always finance 100 plat (90 effective), and shouldn't ever see more than 100 plat appraisal (unless something's changed). But the last two times I've financed in Rossman's, my gem pouches have appraised more than 100 plat.

My latest pouch:

!>get coin in money
You get some platinum coins from your grendel-skin moneybelt and quickly slip the coins into your pockets.
!>give bar 1000000 lir
Barberry says, "I'm sure you'll be satisfied with your investment, Naniaki. Of course, I do charge a 10% fee to act as your agent until your funds run out. That means your 1000000 Lirum gives you a working capital of 900000 Lirum. I'll buy gems for you until that amount is used up."

Tucking the coins in her cashbox, Barberry continues, "You can pick up your gems at anytime by asking me about sales. I'll give you any gems purchased on your behalf up until that time. Also, you understand that I'll be using your funds to pay the actual purchase price of gems bought. That cost may be more or less than the actual value of the gems, especially if another trader is doing the selling."
!>ask bar for sales
Barberry says, "Yes Naniaki, I have some gems for you." She reaches down behind the counter, retrieves a black gem pouch, and hands it to you.

!>app my pouch quick
(ASK <Barberry> TO APPRAISE <pouch> to get a sales price.)

The gem pouch is a container.
The gem pouch is moderately soft.
It appears that the gem pouch can be worn attached to a belt.
You are certain that the gem pouch weighs exactly 500 stones.
You sort through the gems and finally decide that they're worth a total of about 1273357 Lirums.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.

!>count my pouch
You sort through the contents of the gem pouch and find 632 gems in it. It is tied.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Shop financing being too generous 05/15/2016 06:54 AM CDT
Just to play it safe... did you try to appraise it careful instead of quick, also? I have noticed even with a ton of appraisal skill there are times I am far off with a quick appraisal.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Shop financing being too generous 05/15/2016 07:45 AM CDT
I appraised it quick twice to be sure (omitted that second appraisal), which was the same.

Naniaki Felyran

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
Re: Shop financing being too generous 05/15/2016 07:47 AM CDT
Gotcha. To play it safe, it might be worth an appraise careful next time. I am not saying it's a guarantee, but it would at least eliminate the possibility.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Shop financing being too generous 05/15/2016 09:08 AM CDT

> Also, you understand that I'll be using your funds to pay the actual purchase price of gems bought. That cost may be more or less than the actual value of the gems, especially if another trader is doing the selling.

Could this have something to do with it?
Re: Shop financing being too generous 10/19/2017 12:55 PM CDT
There are two things that come to mind that could cause this.

1. A person with such low charisma, i believe, has the chance to receive less than appraisal value for their gems.

2. You can continue to fund a shop without picking up your sales (forever i believe).
i have stacked multi-thousand plat pouches in this manner and pulled it all out at once in one pouch, (i've reached 2k-3k or so plat lirum from rossmans in a single pouch many times)
Re: Shop financing being too generous 10/28/2017 09:19 PM CDT
>There are two things that come to mind that could cause this.
>1. A person with such low charisma, i believe, has the chance to receive less than appraisal value for their gems.
>2. You can continue to fund a shop without picking up your sales (forever i believe).
>i have stacked multi-thousand plat pouches in this manner and pulled it all out at once in one pouch, (i've reached 2k-3k or so plat lirum from rossmans in a single pouch many times)

My old thread is old thread.

But it had to be a math bug, because some non-trader selling at the absolute worst 90% would have resulted in 100 plat, not 120+ plat.

And yeah, as far as I know you can fund a shop without picking up sales, possibly forever, but that's not how I worked. I first try giving money to see if I'm financing or not. If I'm not financing, I collect my full quota and then finance 100 plat. If I am or someone else is financing, I move along.

Naniaki Felyran