Prev_page Previous 1
Bad Business 07/20/2008 05:49 PM CDT
I used to believe that Martyka was a pretty likeable trader. I have visited her tables a few times here and there and she seemed personable. How she acted in the trader guild today was completely unacceptable. When a trader stated something she didnt like, she was thumped repeatedly, in the empath guild. By far the worst of the lot was Sebastienne and his moronic IG wife Iguana or whatever her name is.

Long story short, a fellow by the name of Neketsie sold a cloak to Iguana for the wrong price, was supposed to be 150 plat I believe, and sold it for 15 plat. When Neketsie managed to find Iguana and Sebastienne to try to reason with them, they pretty much laughed and pointed and told her how stupid she was. Nek was practically on her knees begging for them to come to some sort of compromise. Again Sebastienne told her how stupid she was and that if she got help to get the cloak back he would kill her. Now, whether she desevered the money back or not is a matter of opinion. However, it really makes you loathe bought trash like Sebastienne when he uses the character to pretty much act like an idiot. His IG wife pretty much said what she wanted, shielded behind Sebastienne.

Ive heard that the Rippentropps were pretty much trash, now I believe it. I really do not know nor have I had any major interactions with the above characters in the past, but believe me, it was a sorry sight.

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 06:32 PM CDT
>>Rippentropps.

Huh.

They're Danes, not Rippentropps.

- Mazrian
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 06:36 PM CDT
I think he's referring to Martyka. But since he can't seem to get the names or genders of the involved parties correct, I'd call his whole post highly suspect!

By the way...

You turn to face Neketsie.
< Moving like a striking snake, you throw a throwing blade at Neketsie. Neketsie fails to evade, taking the full blow. The blade lands a vicious strike that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, dealing her a vicious stun.

The throwing blade lodges itself shallowly into Neketsie!
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
< Moving like a striking snake, you throw a throwing blade at Neketsie. Neketsie attempts to evade, failing miserably. The blade lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that collapses the ribcage and bursts the diaphragm in a messy splattering of bloody pink froth.

The throwing blade lodges itself deeply into Neketsie!
* Neketsie is slain before your eyes!

She's got quite a mouth on her, spat some garbage about a big ranger coming to get even by killing us both.

She bleeds like a pro.
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 06:41 PM CDT
You know, before you post something, it really does help if you have a clue what you're talking about. Here, I'll help:

1) It's Ignifera
2) Neketsie got 150 plat, instead of 1500 plat (the cloak was shadowsilk, by the way)
3) Neketsie is a female, not a 'fellow'
4) >How she acted in the trader guild today was completely unacceptable. When a trader stated something she didnt like, she was thumped repeatedly, in the empath guild.
This doesn't even make sense. What guild was Martyka in when it happened, the trader guild or the empath guild? What exactly is wrong with thumping someone who is annoying you, anyway?
5) Sebastienne is a female, so is Ignifera
6) >However, it really makes you loathe bought trash like Sebastienne when he uses the character to pretty much act like an idiot.
Seb is again female, and not bought. Try again.
7) >His IG wife pretty much said what she wanted, shielded behind Sebastienne.
Iggy always says whatever she wants. She did before she married Seb, she continues to after the marriage.
8) What does this have to do with Marty again?
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 07:08 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure that the absolute last thing you want to do is try and drag the Rippentropps into this.

Rev. Reene

Idon: Why are we taunting the happy fun Y'shai, again?
Me: Idon know.
Idon: You disgust me.
Me: At least I'm not trying to Phelim up.
Idon: Makes me wonder what she's doing to the World Dragon.
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 07:59 PM CDT
I didn't look at the genders. Martyka acted like an idiot, and stated Iguana was her best friend, so I assumed they were all in it together. The way Iguana acted she doesn't deserve to be called by anything other than Iguana. I apologize about the thumping comment, Martyka thumped an empath in the empath guild, not a trader. Ill bring whoever I want into this, several of the Rippentrops I have run into in the past seem to have been likeable people. It just seems like when something happens, they cant seem to control it any other way than with violents. Also, if one of them is not big enough to win whatever argument he is having, he has to cry to other people in the gang to help. Seb is bought trash, you might not know that, but I do (not that I am for or against the buying of characters, but when kids use the characters to act like morons it becomes a problem.

Seb acted like a man, so I thought it was a man. Some of the Rippentropps (several I didnt name) acted like complete morons. Of course, once it really got rolling, they seemed to want to call everyone with the same last name that was playing at that time. I could care less if you want to all give yourselves the same last name and act like morons. However, do expect to be called out on it when it happens.

Thanks,

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:10 PM CDT
There's so many things wrong with your post I don't even know where to start.

> I didn't look at the genders.

Or names, or last names, apparently, since you seem to think everyone involved was a Rippentrop. What DID you look at, besides an opportunity to be a self righteous moron?

> they cant seem to control it any other way than with violents.

I like "violents". It solves most of my problems very well.

> Also, if one of them is not big enough to win whatever argument he is having, he has to cry to other people in the gang to help.

There was no gang. There was also no conflict where "being big" was necessary. There wasn't a bit of violence until Neketsie decided to whisper to me at the tournament and act like an idiot.

> Seb is bought trash, you might not know that, but I do

Seb's never been sold, and never will be. Sorry. Keep calling me that if it makes you feel like you're gaining a little ground though.

> (not that I am for or against the buying of characters, but when kids use the characters to act like morons it becomes a problem.

The way I act is the way I always act -- in character, and completely without morals or empathy. I'm sorry you can't handle it in game and had to bring it here.

> I could care less if you want to ... act like morons. However, do expect to be called out on it when it happens.

Likewise, little buddy. Likewise.
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:12 PM CDT
>> It just seems like when something happens, they cant seem to control it any other way than with violents.

And it seems like when something bad happens to people like you, you can't handle it any other way than talking trash and trying to bring in higher circle alts or friends to handle it for you.

Glass houses, stones, etc.

>> Seb is bought trash, you might not know that, but I do

Except you don't.

I've known Sebastienne's player since before the character was even created.

Sebastienne isn't bought.

>> I could care less if you want to all give yourselves the same last name and act like morons. However, do expect to be called out on it when it happens.

Sebastienne and Ignifera are a part of their own family. Their last name is Dane.

Martyka is a Rippentropp and had nothing to do with this conflict except thumping someone who wouldn't cut out the angry rambling vitriolic insults despite warnings.

Like I said, you really do not want to bring the Rippentropps into this.

Rev. Reene

Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:25 PM CDT
Correcting a mistype is the number one sign that you have no point, congratulations. Every bought piece of trash has someone who is willing to vouch for them that they were the only person to own that character. I really can not prove it at all, so I will leave that one alone. Marty acted like a huge moron. If she would have been killed (which would have been very easy, she is a trader) Im sure she would have called in the other Tropp thugs to help her out instead of handling it herself. There were really so many Rippentropps and some others that showed up that I really could not keep all the names in line even if I wanted to. Most of the empaths just wanted them to get the hell out of the guild. Also, dont bother to respond unless you sign your post, thanks!

P.S. Reene, were you picked on as a child? Do you think I am the least bit scared of the text "Rippentropps"? Do you think that Rippentropps means anything more to me than the face of a bunch of pathetic rejects who choose to be arses under the guise of RP. This is not to all Rippentropps, just the ones who act like school room bullies to lower level characters.

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:27 PM CDT
<<Seb acted like a man, so I thought it was a man.>>

if you expect all females to "act" like giggly and helpless, yer gonna be verra shocked to learn that a female can "act" any way she wants.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:29 PM CDT
<< Every bought piece of trash has someone who is willing to vouch for them that they were the only person to own that character. I really can not prove it at all, so I will leave that one alone.

Good, because you're really humiliating yourself.

<<Im sure she would have called in the other Tropp thugs to help her out instead of handling it herself

Why don't you stop whining here and go find out then, because you're wrong. Again.

<<Do you think that Rippentropps means anything more to me than the face of a bunch of pathetic rejects who choose to be arses under the guise of RP

Stones and glass houses.

- Player of Foresee

"You're right, we're all against you and actively work to stymie your guild's development. I'm twirling my mustache at the sheer thought." - DR-Armifer
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:31 PM CDT
I'm not sure why insulting people blah blah blah, would be a better way to resolve a situation than violence.

Navak generally sets out to win the overall PR battle when he gets into a conflict since that is a more complete victory. It even allows for losing in PvP which is handy since I haven't really trained him for like 2 years or more.

I am --- Navak
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:35 PM CDT
Yeah, huh. See, while you were wrong, and kind of hard to follow parts, in your first post, it at least made some kind of sense. This one didn't so much.

To reiterate:

Ignifera thought a shadowsilk cloak might be a nice gift for Seb. Neketsie was selling one, and offered it to Ignifera for way, way less than she should have. Iggy took her up on the deal, even though she knew it was a mistake. Iggy is not nice.

People gwethed about it, looking for Iggy. I do not wear gweths on this character, so was told about it second hand while standing in the trader's tent. The group my character was standing with included Martyka. Iggy'd been telling them the story of her great deal when the gweths started. So my character told Martyka to gweth back saying that Iggy would come to the empath's guild, as was being requested.

Showed up there - nothing new was being said. No, my character wouldn't give the cloak or any more money to Neketsie. Yes, she told her that it wasn't her fault if the girl didn't barter well and lost money on the sale. Yes, that was a mean thing to do. Again, Iggy is not nice.

For the record, no violence (or violents) occurred or was threatened on my end, or Seb's end, until well after people started threatening to walk my character and grave rob my items and/or the cloak in question. Neketsie wouldn't have had anything happen to her, either, if she hadn't have come to the tourney and specifically told Seb that she was going to have a nearly 100th circle ranger come kill Ignifera.

Note - Martyka's involvement = 1) telling me ICly that my character was being asked for, 2) gwething back that my character would show up to the requested area (maybe? I don't even know if she actually did or not, but she was asked to.), and 3) showing up to the empath's guild and disagreeing that Iggy had done anything hideously wrong.

Also, iguanas are pretty neat creatures. I'm not sure why you think this is an insult.
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:39 PM CDT
Sebastienne's not bought.

Everything Seb and Iggy did was consistant with the way they each play their character.

What do the Rippentropps have to with this at all?

Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:42 PM CDT
None of Seb, Iguana or Marty's friends comments about glass houses phase me. I really could care less about what people on the boards or in game think of me. Im just bringing the actions of a couple of moronic people to light. If you were not there, then you really do not know what went on, and are just a talking head.

The PR battle means very little to me too, as I have friends in real life, and have no need for them in this game (especially talking heads). I do not, however, need to act like a turd to people, even if it is a game. I prefer to be as helpful as I can most of the time, and I surely do not start with people 60 levels under me so that I can completely own them and flex my text muscles. When I ever do get into a small squabble with people that I can completely own, I try my best not to take it that direction, or just walk away. Its kind of like Hulk Hogan getting into a fist fight with Bill Gates. Yeah, you are going to win, but what have you really proven?

Gonif I really did not mean that a woman can not defend herself or act in the way Seb did. I just mean you can usually pick up on the mannerisms pretty well by the way they type. In this case I "thought" Seb was a man by his mannerisms, not because of anything else.

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:48 PM CDT
> Correcting a mistype is the number one sign that you have no point

Poking fun at your typo is hardly pointing and laughing at your inability to type correctly. Typos happen, that one amused me. Calm down.

> I really can not prove it at all, so I will leave that one alone.

Good boy.

> There were really so many Rippentropps and some others that showed up that I really could not keep all the names in line even if I wanted to.

Here's the people that were there:

Also here: Thug Martyka, Meridien, Ignifera, Medic Kindelwyn, Rainkisses, Escaper Lazgweri, Show Fighter Mordimer, Hodierna's Hand Faeldrin who is sitting, Bookie Karnas, Ghost Aseron, Arcane Skulker Aules, Escaping Novice Neketsie, Apprentice Empath Lunasa, Elemental Liability Posiden, Amazon Jenealle, Zameo, Medicine Woman Kalyndara, Journeyman Ranger Yamato, Doakes, Exorcist Taysin, Sorrower Zamara who is sitting, Trauma Prodigy Dwele who is sitting, Orelk who is kneeling, Scalper Mordicum.

One Rippentrop I believe, that being Martyka. You're right though there were SO MANY IT WAS CRAZY.

> Also, dont bother to respond unless you sign your post, thanks!

Also note that Kreece was strangely absent. Hiding maybe, but he never said a word during the actual conflict. So you're either hiding who you are, or it just took you several hours after it happened to find the guts to do something about it -- and then you ruined that by taking it here and acting like a fool.

SIGNED
SEBASTIENNE RIPPENTR...NO WAIT DANE!@#
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:49 PM CDT
<<Gonif I really did not mean that a woman can not defend herself or act in the way Seb did. I just mean you can usually pick up on the mannerisms pretty well by the way they type.

Seriously? You should consider working for the the CIA if you can tell someone's gender by how they punch keys at a keyboard while playing a roleplaying game.

<<In this case I "thought" Seb was a man by his mannerisms, not because of anything else.

Way to gender stereotype. /twothumbs

-Evran
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 08:50 PM CDT
>I prefer to be as helpful as I can most of the time, and I surely do not start with people 60 levels under me so that I can completely own them and flex my text muscles.

Last I checked Iggy was circle 0.

Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 09:01 PM CDT
>> Im just bringing the actions of a couple of moronic people to light.

Well... at least one person's. =)

>> The PR battle means very little to me too, as I have friends in real life, and have no need for them in this game (especially talking heads).

See, me, I tend to like making friends regardless of the medium, and I try to treat people like people instead of words on a screen. Especially since I've met a lot of DR players in person and are friends with them. I guess that's your prerogative though.

>> I just mean you can usually pick up on the mannerisms pretty well by the way they type. In this case I "thought" Seb was a man by his mannerisms, not because of anything else.

Sebastienne the character is female. Since we're talking about the actions of characters, that's pretty much what's relevant.

I will point out though that I've been told by multiple people that there is no way that I could possibly be female in real life because of how I play one of my characters.

As a friend of mine that met me in person put it to someone asking if I was really a woman, "She's either a woman or a very convincing transsexual." C'est la vie.

Rev. Reene

Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 09:03 PM CDT
Oh this is moving fast.

> The PR battle means very little to me too, as I have friends in real life, and have no need for them in this game

"We didn't want to win that battle anyway"

> I prefer to be as helpful as I can most of the time

And we don't. What's so hard to understand about that? Our way of playing is just as valid as yours.

> I surely do not start with people 60 levels under me so that I can completely own them and flex my text muscles.

Bring me someone closer to my circle and have them give me an opportunity and I'll have my way with them too.

> When I ever do get into a small squabble with people that I can completely own, I try my best not to take it that direction, or just walk away.

Congratulations, not everyone does it the way you do.

> Yeah, you are going to win, but what have you really proven?

It's not about proving anything. That's where you're making a mistake. It's about getting something for nothing and making sure that everyone is afraid to do anything about it.

> In this case I "thought" Seb was a man by his mannerisms, not because of anything else.

This has got to be a joke. Seb didn't do anything but talk and she talks like a schoolgirl without contractions or slang. But the irony of this is probably not lost on a lot of us.
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 09:03 PM CDT
<<Im just bringing the actions of a couple of moronic people to light.

And you've done a great job. We all know not to deal with your character now. Thanks.

- Player of Foresee

"You're right, we're all against you and actively work to stymie your guild's development. I'm twirling my mustache at the sheer thought." - DR-Armifer
Re: Bad Business 07/20/2008 09:25 PM CDT
iv learned not to even bother trying to argue unless you grossly overpower the other person if yer lower and havent been around for many years nothing you can say or do will resolve your situasion. unless you manage to shame the other party into ponying up.
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 12:33 AM CDT
Thats the problem, there needs to be more IC consequences for your actions. Just allowing a group of high level characters to join a gang and get away with whatever they please, acting however they please with no consequences. I did not say it wasn't your right to rp the way you see fit, but I do think it makes you an arse.

Things I've learned so far

1.) Seb and Iguana enjoy rping being mean to everyone.

2.) Seb is not a man.

3.) For some reason I should be scared of the Rippentropps.

Thanks.

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 01:12 AM CDT
>>Thats the problem, there needs to be more IC consequences for your actions.

Such as?

Someone got killed, after entering a tourney area and threatening people they KNOW can kick their ass.

What is this "gang of people", who weren't even involved in this situation, doing that needs more consequences?

I'd say bar the trader who threatened to hire people for murder from anything guild sanctioned in Zoluren.

I am --- Navak
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 02:50 AM CDT
>> What is this "gang of people", who weren't even involved in this situation, doing that needs more consequences?

I'm very interested in hearing the answer to this.

Rev. Reene

Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 06:14 AM CDT
I have no idea what happened at the tourney, I could not attend. Neketsie could have acted like a complete moron and deserved what he got. I could really care less since I was not there, and could really care less what happens to Neketsie at all. I can only comment on one event, which I was there for, at the empath guild. What started out as someone asking for help degenerated into Neketsie being slammed, laughed at, and mocked by many people who all seemed to flood in for no apparent reason (other than the IM's im sure Seb was sending to all his buddies).

All in all, I really do not know why the people I discussed would be upset with what I posted. It seems as if they want to be portrayed as bad guys. If they want to RP bad guys who do mean and spiteful things Im all for it! If they just get off on it, then it becomes a problem. If you see a group of guys or girls being mean and hateful to another guy or girl, do you see them as just being different, or as being ignorant or "morons"?

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 06:38 AM CDT
Hi. Getting ready for work too huh? Monday :(

> All in all, I really do not know why the people I discussed would be upset with what I posted.

It's not that I'm upset, just bewildered/amused by how you're getting absolutely everything wrong. Names, last names, genders, number of people involved, it's amazing. You must be an incredibly dense person.

Add to that a completely nonsensical rant on the Rippentrops and this is a good thread.

Add to that the fact that you were completely uninvolved in the conflict, apparently hiding whatever character you really did have there (I have my suspicions but I'll keep quiet, I'd be MORDIfied if I tossed someone's name out under false cirCUMstances) and this is a GREAT thread.

Even after being corrected multiple times by multiple people you continue to make yourself look like an idiot, whether on purpose (sad) or not (sadder).

It's just been awhile since I've dealt with someone like you. It's kind of like watching a puppy repeatedly run into a sliding glass door because it forgets that it's there. Part of you hopes the little guy will smarten up, and part of you just wants to sit there and laugh.
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 06:52 AM CDT
>> I just mean you can usually pick up on the mannerisms pretty well by the way they type. In this case I "thought" Seb was a man by his mannerisms, not because of anything else.>>

what, men type with 11 "fingers"????!!!!!

<<Sebastienne the character is female. Since we're talking about the actions of characters, that's pretty much what's relevant.
I will point out though that I've been told by multiple people that there is no way that I could possibly be female in real life because of how I play one of my characters.
As a friend of mine that met me in person put it to someone asking if I was really a woman, "She's either a woman or a very convincing transsexual." C'est la vie.>>

i play multiple characters, some are male, some are female. not to mention that i started off my main character as male, and surprised quite a few folks at simu98 when I attended and turned out to be a girl!

So.... in a text-based role-playing game the person behind the character can be anything. Don't make the mistake of gender-stereotyping, as -- just as an actor on the screen can be played by a male or a female <see mary martin as peter pan> - role-playing is precisely that. Playing a role that may or may not reflect what the player actually "is". I mean, I'm not really bald, nor a reptile, nor do I have a tail in RL. Yet I can "portray" a s'kra... And not everyone who plays a halfling or a gnome is short, nor is everyone who plays a Tog a giant.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 09:55 AM CDT
>I can only comment on one event, which I was there for, at the empath guild. What started out as someone asking for help degenerated into Neketsie being slammed, laughed at, and mocked by many people who all seemed to flood in for no apparent reason (other than the IM's im sure Seb was sending to all his buddies).

You say you can only comment on the (ONE part of that) event that you saw, but you'll go ahead and speculate on things you know nothing about, such as how or why other people showed up to THE EMPATH GUILD (emphasized because it's kind of a public place that a lot of people come to, because, you know, classes and healing and stuff). Interesting.

I guess you're trying to come up with theories for why so many other people came to one of the busiest places in the game while a conflict was occurring? Seriously? Maybe the public gwething people were doing trying to get my character to go there had something to do with it. Maybe the fact that Iggy had a conversation about the whole thing in front of a big crowd of people in the trader tent because people started asking questions about the gweths had something to do with it. You really don't think that it's likely that some people overhearing all of this decided to show up, or told someone about it who decided to show up? Word of mouth about these things does actually occur in game, and not just through IMs.

I'm curious though, why would you think it was Seb IMing people, and not, say, me? Or Marty, or EmpathSue who was sitting in the guild at the time?

>All in all, I really do not know why the people I discussed would be upset with what I posted.

A lot of it was wrong. I'm not particularly upset, but I'm also not going to let this level of misinformation go on without at least correcting some of it, especially since you initially seemed to be trying to hurt an almost entirely unrelated person's in game business with it.

Iguana is a cute nickname, though. I think I might keep it <3

>It seems as if they want to be portrayed as bad guys. If they want to RP bad guys who do mean and spiteful things Im all for it!

Great! You should be all for it, then!

>If they just get off on it, then it becomes a problem.

Yeah, and here's the kicker - you're never really going to know for certain. I can say until I'm blue in the face that I'm RPing, and people will chose to believe or not believe that based on their own assumptions, biases, limited (or no) interactions with my character or player, or whatever other criteria they choose to employ. I could be lying, or I could be telling the truth. You don?t actually know me as a person, and I don?t recall ever interacting with you in character, so you?ll probably always have that doubt.
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 01:13 PM CDT
Gah, you guys are going crazy on the gender thing. What I meant by mannerisms was that a lot of times females will use more femanine words. Hon, Sweetey (when reffering to someone other than thier partner), and a lot more hugs and such. Besides that I just made a 50/50 assumption. Either way, your character does not have to be the same gender as in RL so It has never really mattered (I have really paid very little attention to gender since I started the game). Now on to other things.

<<You must be an incredibly dense person>>

Because I said something you do not like? You said you were trying to be mean to everyone, thats why you RP. If so, why are you so defensive about it. If I RP's an evil sorcerer, and people came to the boards yelling that I was an evil, spiteful, mean, vengeful butthead, I think I would say thank you.

<<Add to that the fact that you were completely uninvolved in the conflict, apparently hiding whatever character you really did have there (I have my suspicions but I'll keep quiet, I'd be MORDIfied if I tossed someone's name out under false cirCUMstances) and this is a GREAT thread.>>

Kreece. It is at the bottom of every post I have made. I have made no attempt to hide anything.

<<Even after being corrected multiple times by multiple people you continue to make yourself look like an idiot, whether on purpose (sad) or not (sadder).>>

That is cute. Did you think of that one by yourself, or did Iguana help you?

<<It's just been awhile since I've dealt with someone like you. It's kind of like watching a puppy repeatedly run into a sliding glass door because it forgets that it's there. Part of you hopes the little guy will smarten up, and part of you just wants to sit there and laugh.>>

Man, you just keep coming up with those little phrases. Unfortunately for DR, I deal with people that act like you on a regular basis.

<<I'm curious though, why would you think it was Seb IMing people, and not, say, me? Or Marty, or EmpathSue who was sitting in the guild at the time?>>

I really had no idea, I knew it was probably one of you since people seemed to show up out of the woodwork.

<<A lot of it was wrong. I'm not particularly upset, but I'm also not going to let this level of misinformation go on without at least correcting some of it, especially since you initially seemed to be trying to hurt an almost entirely unrelated person's in game business with it.>>

Im glad. It really is not my intentions to make anyone upset. I know that once I leave this board nothing here weighs on my mind it all, it would be disturbing if it did.

<<Great! You should be all for it, then!>>

I am! But this is the conflicts folder. In the past, there has been a lot of people that I know that have personally got off on picking on lower players (rock trolls, old crocs come to mind). So I guess when I see something like that happen in a public place, it irks me a little. Im very suspect of RP in a lot of situations. I used to have a pretty good conflict going with Shakaar (I hope thats how you spell it, its been a long time ago). I have no idea if he still plays. And some of the things he said to me in whispers was just over the top (leet speak to the extreme)I guess I just want everyone to get along, and this isn't really the game for that :>P.

I have a fairly high level trader as well as a few others. I work the tables and stalls on occassion. I see Martyka quite a bit. I really do not mean to hurt anyones reputation, and I doubt anyone will not buy from Martyka because of what I said. She acted badly in that instance. She was really fishing for someone to say something out of the way to her in the empath guild, then thumped them when they did say something (nothing derogatory or bad at all). I think its always bad form to thump someone in their own guild, especially when your conflict is scrolling the hell out of the place :>).

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 02:05 PM CDT
> What I meant by mannerisms was that a lot of times females will use more femanine words. Hon, Sweetey (when reffering to someone other than thier partner), and a lot more hugs and such.

Sexist! SEXIST!

> Because I said something you do not like?

No sweetie, because you're still confusing genders, names, last names, and purpose for being in the empaths guild despite being repeatedly corrected. Have someone else read the thread for you honey, and maybe they can explain it to you. Thanks snookums.

> You said you were trying to be mean to everyone, thats why you RP. If so, why are you so defensive about it.

I don't mind you saying it. My reputation was made a long time before you posted this thread. I mind you getting everything wrong.

> Kreece.

Was not there. He doesn't show up even once in my logs. So you're lying or getting it second hand -- my money is on the latter, since you're getting everything wrong.

> I really had no idea

If you just posted this all by itself and went away this thread would be both accurate and over.

> Im glad. It really is not my intentions to make anyone upset.

We're enjoying this.

> In the past, there has been a lot of people that I know that have personally got off on picking on lower players

Pretty bold assumption to take to the boards after watching us (maybe!) in game for about 5 minutes.
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 02:32 PM CDT
>> What I meant by mannerisms was that a lot of times females will use more femanine words. Hon, Sweetey (when reffering to someone other than thier partner), and a lot more hugs and such.

>Sexist! SEXIST!

Oh come on, that isn't sexist, that's reality. Judging by name and actions, I can determine someone's gender probably 95% of the time.
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 06:49 PM CDT
There are a lot of guys that use sweetie and hug people too much in DR too.

I think it's just a soft-brained thing, not a gender thing.

I sure as hell don't do that, on any of my characters. Even the happy bubbly cheerful ones.

Rev. Reene

Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 06:51 PM CDT
<<Was not there. He doesn't show up even once in my logs. So you're lying or getting it second hand -- my money is on the latter, since you're getting everything wrong.>>

I was there, better check them again. If I was not there, I can guarantee you I would not care. In fact, I really stopped caring after I wrote the first message. The person Marty thumped name was something that started with an X. The one you (if your Seb) thumped after she got her vocal chords back in the empath guild.

Kreece
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 09:01 PM CDT
>> In fact, I really stopped caring after I wrote the first message.

I bet you don't invest real emotions into these posts too.

Rev. Reene

Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 09:38 PM CDT
>>I bet you don't invest real emotions into these posts too.

everyone does from time to time
Re: Bad Business 07/21/2008 11:16 PM CDT
<<There are a lot of guys that use sweetie and hug people too much in DR too>>

true that. there are hugglie,smoochie guys out there too.

Again, you can't tell from the character if the player behind is male, female, gay, straight, or an alien from mars... well, maybe you can tell an alien from mars...

Re: Bad Business 07/22/2008 04:17 AM CDT
>>I'd say bar the trader who threatened to hire people for murder from anything guild sanctioned in Zoluren.

Hey, what'd I do to get pulled into this discussion? And it wasn't a threat, he was paid well for it.

~Zaktraw
Re: Bad Business 07/22/2008 12:47 PM CDT
All I can see is a good RP situation thrown out the window..
Trader short sells a product..
Trader wants to cover gap...
Trader elicits help to cover gap..
Help tries and coerces player to cover gap..

What seperates this from RP to abuse is the Walking/Grave robbing threats. That insinuates it's no longer CvC, but PvC. PvC, because I assume the Trader became player invested rather then Character invested.

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: Bad Business 07/22/2008 02:02 PM CDT
It was a player taking advantage of a mechanics mistake, nothing more. If the buyer had whispered, 'hey I'll give you the rest but I'd like to RP like you got ripped off for the fun of it' that'd be different. The seller missed a zero, easily done on an item with so many zeroes in it. When was the last time you had a merchant sell you something less than it really was by a factor of TEN? A few cents here or there I can see but what happened was plain wrong. Do the right thing and pay what you agreed upon or let the other Player feel ripped off, since their character feels nothing.

Just my opinion of course.

Player of too many

You would argue with a wall if it had "No, You Are!" written on it. Let it go. - Quote by Carolint
Prev_page Previous 1