Snea 06/10/2006 02:30 PM CDT
While I'll have to admit being stolen from is a normal thing in the life of a trader, the band of thieves involved in his activities made it impossible to do anything over there. It was well orginized, well supported, and well run to the point I left Zoluren. I'll say this though. I can't wait to come back. insert evil chuckle

Nlia Maelm

PS There.
extraPS I hate you and hope you die..twice.
Re: Snea 06/10/2006 02:45 PM CDT
From what I've seen and heard, they seem to be targetting unresponsive traders. I haven't been hit myself in a number of months while trading. I'm rather active in my local community as well as with other traders, as many as I can catch while not trading anyways, heh.

While I never liked being robbed, I agree it is a fact of life and its one that I frankly welcome. It keeps me on my toes. Besides, when we're left completely unchecked, we'd tend to end up mindlessly running contracts and throwing the economy out of balance by buying up all the nifty items and reselling em at outrageous prices later. Nothing wrong with that, but if we're going to be given the privilege of getting a system that allows it to be possible, then at least we can accept that there will be risks, especially with how much I make an hour, and I know a lot of you make a lot more than I can imagine.

Every time I've been robbed, that I've been big enough to see anyways, heh, I've been able to interact with the thieves and either get part of my money back, or at least gotten some good RP out of it. That said, those who don't care to play along, I'll accuse at the nearest outpost and our guild will 'take special care of them' :)

Now, I'm a huge proponent of IC responses to IC problems. If there is a band of thieves that are going around and making life impossible for us, then I suggest that we band together and hire a few guards and show the group that we don't just run off and cry when we catch their hands in our pockets. Within the rules, of course.

As for new traders, I don't have much regard for thieves who make an easy mark on them and I'm always willing to help them out in classes on perception and evasion, as well as know people who would ride with them for protection and teaching. For new traders, don't feel like you need to run 24/7. Join up with another trader of equal ranks and have one of you riding protection. Then one of you can get the trading experience and one can get teaching experience. Trust me, you'll need all the lore you can get when you hit higher circles.

I'd actually like to see a system here that I've seen on other games and have caravan's attackable. One other game I've been on, there is literally a convoy of caravans that leaves major cities and there are barbarians and mages hired to protect it. The return is, of course, much greater for delivered contracts, but every time you move it's a nice event. Perhaps not worthwhile to replace intra-province trading, but maybe if we can get a few offices opened on the islands and start talking about high-risk, high return contracts.... :)

-Bedan the 'limbless' trader
Re: Snea 06/10/2006 02:56 PM CDT
>From what I've seen and heard, they seem to be targetting unresponsive traders.

Negative. And I'll have to say kudo's to them for not just robbing the deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid. They were taking risk against active players as well and yes I'm sure against some of the unresponsive. In my opinion thats what made them worth trying to RP with.

>Now, I'm a huge proponent of IC responses to IC problems. If there is a band of thieves that are going around and making life impossible for us, then I suggest that we band together and hire a few guards and show the group that we don't just run off and cry when we catch their hands in our pockets. Within the rules, of course.

In the works, as far as I'm concerned.

Nlia
Re: Snea 06/12/2006 04:34 PM CDT
Of all the people that we did it to...(I belive it was 9 traders total.) Nlia was the only one that interacted with us afterwards. Much <3...The rest, excluding Sidnea who died from the bleeders when caravans ran her over and didn't log in till the next day, just simply reported. Nlia has earned, well I guess you could call it immunity? from me, at least.

Also, there's not much to fear when you're report happy.
Re: Snea 07/19/2006 12:46 PM CDT
<Of all the people that we did it to...(I belive it was 9 traders total.) Nlia was the only one that interacted with us afterwards. Much <3...The rest, excluding Sidnea who died from the bleeders when caravans ran her over and didn't log in till the next day, just simply reported. Nlia has earned, well I guess you could call it immunity? from me, at least.>

Hmmph, how quickly you forget robbing my assistant/mule and that I
confronted you about it outside of the bank.

Mellicent
Re: Snea 07/19/2006 01:29 PM CDT
>Mellicent

Can someone also purchase me a ticket back to June. There's a few things I'd like to do over.

___
I know that I will die in battle, this I have accepted. I hope that it will be one of my own choosing, but if not do not bury me in a small, sad little cemetary. Burn me and spread my ashes to a strong western wind that I might make my way home.
Re: Snea 08/08/2006 08:09 AM CDT
Its a shame that folks can't interact with you when you steal and run off before they CAN interact with you. Sleeping them while on a trade route is just as bad as sleeping them and dragging them to a hunting area. Let's dispense with the bull and steal like we should. If we are going to pick pockets then pick them, don't maul them, and leave them helpless on a trade route. That just draws unwanted attention not only to you, but to the rest of us. Thanks.