Trader conflict. 03/18/2006 11:19 AM CST
>I in fact met him. About 9 years ago.

Oh gosh, you win DR now.

I think the whole point was that the original poster, said "this is what i believe" and your post was pretty hostile in acting like he said "THIS IS THE TRUTH ABIDE BY IT." which was, of course, not the case.

I still haven't seen any real "proof" from you that his opinion is false anyway, other than telling us you've been around for 80 million years and therefore have been privy to information others may not. Nor have I seen any of your own opinions either.

Also.

Vazaelle Valleren.
Legendary Trader Vazaelle Valleren.

Nuff said?

Should be.

Is pretty pompous. Not everyone who is high or Legendary in a guild is automatically worthy of respect. That has to be earned. Telling me your name and typing in that you are LEGENDARY does nothing for me, save think that you are bragging for the sole intention of being deemed "correct" in the conversation.

Huldah: I heard the new Ferdahl was fat. Me: How fat? Huldah: So fat, her coronation has to take two days. One so her stomach can show up and the other two days later so the rest of her is there too! HAR HAR!
AIM: Huldahs Pal

You should really read what people say. This goes right to my point about stating what I am. And my rank in the guild. I am no better than anyone member of this guild. But I DO know more than most traders i've met in the past few years. Not only have i been physically around to hear the words and witness advancements in the guild, I have actually gone out and used that knowledge to advance. You won't spontaneously acquire the knowledge without having heard it from the wise (those that have actually heard the words from those that actually did the deed) or from actually doing it yourself. I was trying to help by correcting a common misbelief. Strange got under my skin stating what the hell do i know. I stated back, what I did know, and more to the point - Why.

Having met Luigi could mean nothing to you. Unless you used your head instead of our mouth. I know how long that 'wording' he referred to was around, and why the wording uses Luigi's name, and that it hasnt changed in years and years. Understand now? Dolt.

Now as far as respecting me for my rank - If you want to remain uninformed and listen to speculation go ahead. Where i come from, any fool knows to listen to someone with more experience then them. Or they stay the fool.

Oh by the way..Having spent some time listening to Luigi lecture ME on the guild was probably a good thing. Find who Luigi went on to become.

--V.V.
Re: Trader conflict. 03/18/2006 11:24 AM CST
I think the real point is this. At no point did I say I am better tahn anyone else. I said i know more. There is at least one trader in this guild that is now over 100th that I brought into the guild and taught everything i knew. They took my advice and made good use of it. If am never going to give any opinion either. I prefer to state what I know or hear from reliable sources (GM's).
Re: Trader conflict. 03/18/2006 11:32 AM CST
>At no point did I say I am better tahn anyone else. I said i know more.

You took something someone said as opinion and jumped on their case.

You have not proved you "know more" than anyone other than saying you've been around for a long time.

The problem I have is that you took someone something said as their opinion - and labelled as such - and then mandated it in such a way that they were trying to pass it off as fact.

Your posts are still very pompous in nature, particularly the part where you say "At no point did I say I am better tahn anyone else. I said i know more."

I'm sorry, but there are other traders who are higher in the guild who have less of an attitude than you do, and I'll be looking up to one of them instead. Traders who could differentiate between someone having an opinion regarding an ability (as most people tend to speculate on this) and traders who do not tell everyone that they know more than anyone else. Its your right as a person not to give an opinion on anything, but other people like to give opinions. Jumping on them when they do so instead of saying "I think this might be incorrect because of when GM X said Y on M date." is poor form indeed.

Huldah: I heard the new Ferdahl was fat. Me: How fat? Huldah: So fat, her coronation has to take two days. One so her stomach can show up and the other two days later so the rest of her is there too! HAR HAR!
AIM: Huldahs Pal
Re: Trader conflict. 03/19/2006 07:51 PM CST
I dunno what's going on, but I can relate to hostility.

:oP Ragran
Re: Trader conflict. 03/20/2006 11:11 AM CST
i know who luigi went on to become as well, and just because he did, doesn't mean it was the best for the guild. in fact, the guild stagnated because of the obsession with poc's which were dangled like the proverbial carrot, which was finally buried when Godrich took over and turned the guild into a viable profession again.

irrepressible Bagsodoks "i invented dirt" Platsgonif

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Trader conflict. 03/20/2006 11:15 AM CST
Who is Luigi, that V.V. super Legendary Trader guy mentioned him in response to my comment about the Clerks responses but I have never heard a Clerk mention Luigi. I only know one Luigi and he has a brother named Mario

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: Trader conflict. 03/20/2006 11:20 AM CST
kaikyu was gm of traders before godrich.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Trader conflict. 03/20/2006 12:07 PM CST
i get shivers whenever you post schvartz.

yer text is the sexiest.

Re: Trader conflict. 03/20/2006 12:33 PM CST
my caravan is definately so gonna run over yer gerbil.....

Re: Trader conflict. 03/20/2006 03:30 PM CST
>>kaikyu was gm of traders before godrich.<<

Ahhh... thanks for that one... I just remember his site for stats on all the weapons... it boggled me back then and coming back after years away I am boggled all over again with everyone else's now.

No this has nothing to do with anything but memories...

And to keep it in tone with the folder Ragran's life is so bad that any word with an S in it looks good to him...

Back to Whispering softly....
Re: Trader conflict. 03/21/2006 12:17 PM CST
Okay now I REALLY don't like you Vazaelle!!!

I was getting my ass handed to me on the ferry...my limbs were being lopped off...i was trying to fight without legs or arms. And you din even jump in to try and save me from that evil bastard.

Thanks. Jerk.

Re: Trader conflict. 03/21/2006 05:23 PM CST
Poor Ragran...

Especially since it was the same day he got caught trying (and failing) to steal by an 11th circle trader with no ranks in stealing.
Re: Trader conflict. 03/21/2006 06:25 PM CST
* Your post

doesn't really prove anything as the stealing "snakeeyes" role can happen to anyone.

which should be fixed if and when they ever tackle the stealing rewrite.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interjea;
ests of the Guild."
Re: Trader conflict. 03/21/2006 08:17 PM CST
>doesn't really prove anything as the stealing "snakeeyes" role can happen to anyone.

Well, wouldn't prove anything if we didn't all know that Ragran is actually a pretty poor thief. I think he's only ever managed to steal off one of my characters once, that was a sixth circle bard.

But I'm with you on the rewrite. Fix stealing and fix the justice system. They're both so broken there's little point in utilizing either.
Re: Trader conflict. 03/22/2006 05:13 AM CST
>if we didn't all know that Ragran is actually a pretty poor thief.

He is not a poor thief; he actually has some skill - when he wants to. He is poor at getting noob consent by being caught stealing with his armor on.

:P Rags.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: Trader conflict. 03/22/2006 07:30 AM CST
<<He is not a poor thief; he actually has some skill - when he wants to. He is poor at getting noob consent by being caught stealing with his armor on.>>

bah

Re: Trader conflict. 03/22/2006 07:08 PM CST
Rags isn't so bad. He's all bluff, really. When he encountered my little bard on the ferry, he hid. She dropped all her coins--less than 2 silver total. He swiped a stone from her quiver (worth less than 3 silver). When the ferry landed, he gave her 1 or 2 gold, patted her on the back and got off the ferry. He never picked up the dropped coins. It's a matter of finessing the Ragran.

Nime iruzur Poz, sanzuzur Moz izentisa": 'What the fool calls Luck, the wise man calls Forethought.'
Re: Trader conflict. 03/24/2006 06:02 AM CST
oooooooh! I just hit refresh and somehow i went to the first post in this folder. I thought it was some BM that's never around stopping a flaming session; but itwas the post that introduced the folder.

SCHWARTZ was the first poster....woohoo!

I have SUCH a crush on you woman!!

Re: Trader conflict. 03/29/2006 08:41 AM CST
Meep.

V.V.