Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/03/2006 06:35 PM CST
There are 2 types of Shuri-kotas in the realms, both rare, but only one is worth anything. The other is a piece of crap.

Prescious is selling the piece of crap one in the confusion that folks might think they are getting the good one. Here is the real deal so you don't get snookered:

Piece of Crap one is called an EXCELLENT shuri-kota, the good one is called REINFORCED shuri-kota.

I can hope she just doesn't realize the mistake and isn't playing on player ignorance.

You notice the an excellent shuri-kota shield has a price tag which reads: BUY me for only 2990000 Kronars.

which has these stats

Hindrance: Fair
Range: Low to Good
Size: Large
Construction: SOMEWHAT FLIMSY

vs what a reinforced shuri-kota looks like:

Hindrance: Low
Range: Low to Great
Size: Large
Construction: Moderate

Just don't like seeing a shuri given a bad name.

Gidske

Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/07/2006 07:44 AM CST
Gretings,

Before I sell an item like this I ask around to see what they've sold for recently and check the internet for recent sales. I don't just make up prices. In this case I found Tenion who had sold one in his auction for 300 plat to a trader who collects items. Hence why its priced 300 plat.

Anyone that asks about the shield I tell them outright that it's not the good one. In cases where they can't appraise it themselves, since it can be appraised on the table where it is for sale, I tell them it's full appraisal and point out it's not the better of the two.

It is not the 'great' reinforced shuri-kota no but it IS still a rare shield and people DO still buy things for rarity. There are collectors out there.

However, I do see your point that someone might be crazy enough to buy something for 300 plat without knowing for sure what they are gettin and without being able to appraise it themselves. Therefore I will remove the price tag from the item so that before anyone CAN buy it they MUST ask about it first.

Shop shop,

Prescious.
Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/07/2006 08:58 AM CST
Bah!

Carpe Diem, man! Carpe Diem! "Buyer beware"...

Fear mah edumacation!

:oP Ragran
Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/07/2006 02:15 PM CST
You're looking for caveat emptor, Rags.

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/07/2006 03:55 PM CST
>>You're looking for caveat emptor, Rags.<<

Unless he wanted to Seize the Day with buyer beware and all... nice edumacation and all of course ;-)

Whisper
Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/07/2006 04:44 PM CST
Heh.. yeah. 9th grade Latin came in handy.

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/08/2006 06:32 AM CST
Ahh yes! The invariable corrections! My trap worked.

I get bored.

:oP Ragran
Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/08/2006 01:22 PM CST
>>Ahh yes! The invariable corrections! My trap worked.

I get bored.

:oP Ragran <<

Please if you are going to trap us at least complete the trap ;-)

Veni, vidi, vici - :oP Ragran

Ok now I feel better... man it's tuff to do others work for them... ya lazy bum!
Re: Precious and iffy Marketting tackets. 03/08/2006 03:13 PM CST
The thing about the excellent shuri-kota shield being sold for 100s of plats in the past is because people ARE confused on which shield they are buying. I've met the folks who have bought it for that very reason not knowing, only to find out later, and how do you think they are going to try and recoup their loss? By selling it to someone ELSE who doesn't know any better. It is a cycle with this shield that has been going on since it has been around.

People still buy things because they are rare, yes if it has some intrinsic valuce for being rare in the first place. The only value this 'rare' shield has is it happens to be confused with a reinforced shuri-kota.

I agree the buyer should beware while at the same time it is important that a buyer be aware of the difference. That is what I wanted to point out, and I think your reply, Precious was a fair viewpoint.

Happy Shopping

Gidske