Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 08:01 AM CDT
This kind of thing is distruprive to the game. I'm posting it in hopes that people take a look and decide they don't want to be "that guy", who in this case is Pucktin.

Its weird running into people and finding out they are a lot more or less cool than i originally thought.

Here is one of the less cools:

["Hodierna's Grace"]
A few weary travelers lean against a railing at the bow of this ferry, anxiously waiting to reach the opposite bank. An elderly S'Kra Mur stands alone at the stern, thoughtfully watching the shallow wake of the ferry shiver and become still. You also see a rickety caravan with some stuff on it, a polished wood caravan with some stuff on it, and the north bank docks.
Also here: Wunjoe.
Obvious paths: none.

You point at Pucktin, ruining his hiding place.

(Ragran jumps at Pucktin and says, "Don't look at my face! And gimme yer coin!")

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Pucktin's pockets and carefully grab some coins.
Roundtime: 2 second.
Pucktin saw you make the grab!

You smile slightly, lifts a long finger in your direction and is gone from sight!

Peddler Pucktin went over to the north bank docks.
(NOTE: Now I'm thinkin'...damn ima get thugged now...he'd just got on the ferry. Owned.)

can you accuse from a ferry theft?
(NOTE: I get thugged and worse all the time. I'm askin him a technical question about guild reportability from ferry crimes vs guard reportability - im just askin')
You whisper to Pucktin.

Pucktin whispers, "to the guild, and you'll get thuggd."

i know! bah...heh. didnt think i could even swipe from ya
You whisper to Pucktin.
(NOTE: yea thuggin sucks but i know i got it comin. Maybe schrewd flattery'll help since im here?)

hadda confirm...
You whisper to Pucktin.

You smile broadly, revealing a great gaping maw with a gleaming set of gums!

Pucktin whispers, "yeah you did, you do it all the time...I also have talked to GMs about you"
(NOTE: Blink. Blink. Blink.)
(POST-NOTE: Well, they haven't been talking to me, my friend. Stop annoying them!)

Pucktin whispers, "I've asked you not to everytime, it's becoming harrassment."
(NOTE: Im thinkin my snertdar must be malfunctioning at this point. k. now i know yer the enemy.)
(POST-NOTE: And i don't think you've ever told me not to. I could be wrong. WARN me. Though I won't be forgetting how much I hate the cut of yer jib.)

well you wouldnt be the first...heh
You whisper to Pucktin.
(NOTE: jerk)

Pucktin stops you from following him.
>
Peddler Pucktin went through some massive iron doors.
(NOTE: I think he'd said his piece because he clearly didn't want a response this time. This exit reminded me of the message ya get when people log out at melee with a critter)

Emotionally spazzing is bad for your digestion. And its annoying to people that feel like playing DR.

:oP Ragran
(POST-SIGNATURE-NOTE: Least he whispered. They don't always whisper.)
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 08:10 AM CDT
No Ragran, Pucktin isn't the problem here. You are. You robbed one my characters claiming she owed you money and called her by name when she has never met you before. You dragged her into your alleged roleplay using a bogus reason when she has never had contact with you before, stole from her in a area she can't accuse you, you stole from a victim with no physical recourse against you, and you're just being annoying in general as far as I'm concerned.

flip
Flip what?

Need bonding or divorce roses or wedding services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 08:41 AM CDT
hehe you refer to this:

(Ragran says, "Where ya been <insert victim name>?! Time ta pay up what ya owes meh!" He leaves the impression that he means it, as he thrusts his hands into whatever pockets and containers he can find!)

Its one command line of many:

(Ragran says, "I seem to have smudged your person. Allow me to remove the blemish!" Then starts vigorously brushing his hands against your back)

(Ragran says, "Greetings, Victim! I am a tailor and you have the perfect physique to become a professional fitting model! Allow me to take your measurements!" You wonder where his measuring tape is as he throws his hands into your pockets!)

etc, etc, etc.

Obviously you didn't know me. Ragran was employing an incredibly unsubtle ruse. Least you didn't believe you really owed him money! Im encouraged.

<<You dragged her into your alleged roleplay using a bogus reason when she has never had contact with you before...>>

Some bitter anyone? Perhaps on your toast? You should feel gratitude that there are some players out there that are willing to engage you. This is a game, afterall. You're weird.

<<...stole from her in a area she can't accuse you, you stole from a victim with no physical recourse against you...>>

Awe poor baby....

Thieves choose their hunting areas deliberately.

<<...and you're just being annoying in general as far as I'm concerned.>>

Your attitude is annoying. Wouldn't it be great if people like you did something other than scowl? You should seriously considering putting some effort into your gameplay. And turn that frown upside down!

Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 01:43 PM CDT
From what I can tell, DR would be a lot better off if more thieves (lower-case t) were like Ragran. At least he's vaguely realistic in his actions and responses.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 01:52 PM CDT
<<From what I can tell, DR would be a lot better off if more thieves (lower-case t) were like Ragran. At least he's vaguely realistic in his actions and responses.<<

Getting caught on the first grab? I'll pass.

-Wighten
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 02:14 PM CDT
<<Getting caught on the first grab? I'll pass.>>

Well no, not that part. More like... actually being willing to react to failure. And occasionally using realistic pickpocket tactics--bumping into people, talking to them, etc. In general, being willing to have fun with it.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 03:40 PM CDT

<< stole from her in a area she can't accuse you>>

false. you can accuse to the clerk if someone steals from you on the ferry. my trader has done so.

<<You robbed one my characters claiming ...blah, blah, blah>>

no matter what the character, it wouldn't have mattered. she is notable for using any and all mechanics involved to annoy thieves, and if she can't, she'll run to the gms. years ago at the first theren fest she was one of the clerics that put up merauds solely to annoy thieves stealing outside the festival there.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 03:59 PM CDT
<<No Ragran, Pucktin isn't the problem here. You are. You robbed one my characters claiming she owed you money>>

Thats called the role-playing part. The one where the guy goes dang with 150 ranks in stealing there is no flipping way you should have seen me steal from you how many ranks do you have in perception and stealing do you have is more along the no role playing part.

<<You dragged her into your alleged roleplay using a bogus reason when she has never had contact with you before,>>

In the event you failed to notice he plays a criminal and maybe I missed the memo but criminals lie in order to get what they want.

<<"I've asked you not to everytime, it's becoming harrassment.">>

This line implys you had contact in that past which would be a reason he would know your name.

Basicly what it looks like is one person acually RPing and the other all giddy cause she gets to use her REPORT Macro. Congrats I guess both parties are happy in general.

The knowing the persons name was pretty lame and so was the OCC asking about macaniches. However overall I have to say I think its Pucktin playing the role-playing a big baby this time around.
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 04:26 PM CDT
>>>>>>Thats called the role-playing part. The one where the guy goes dang with 150 ranks in stealing there is no flipping way you should have seen me steal from you how many ranks do you have in perception and stealing do you have is more along the no role playing part.
<<<<<<<<

Being forced into his roleplay is what I object to.

>>>>>>In the event you failed to notice he plays a criminal and maybe I missed the memo but criminals lie in order to get what they want.<<<<<

You think a criminal would know better than to point someone else out of hiding. Should make the justice system take notice but then we're back to justice mechanics being wonky again.

>>>>>>This line implys you had contact in that past which would be a reason he would know your name.

Basicly what it looks like is one person acually RPing and the other all giddy cause she gets to use her REPORT Macro. Congrats I guess both parties are happy in general.

The knowing the persons name was pretty lame and so was the OCC asking about macaniches. However overall I have to say I think its Pucktin playing the role-playing a big baby this time around.<<<<<

I've never personally encountered Ragran before with any character. That line about contact in the past was shoddy roleplay or a lie, whichever point of view you choose.

I don't have a report macro and I didn't bother to report. I just shrugged it off. Unfinished justice mechanics, thief friendly/victim unfriendly stealing mechanics, and ferry mechanics have just made me carry lots of coppers and hide when I'm traveling with coin. It's not worth confronting thieves whether it is a character who can kill the thief or not. RF runes work for moving large amounts of money during fests. Otherwise I don't really carry much more than coppers and bronzes. Gem pouches stay closed or in other containers most of the time. Open pouches have small rock crystals in them. I use what's available to protect large amounts of coin and what I do lose I chalk up to cost of doing business.

flip
Flip what?

Need bonding or divorce roses or wedding services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Pucktin cries 10/15/2005 05:53 PM CDT
<<Getting caught on the first grab? I'll pass.>> - Wighten

Bah!

<<The knowing the persons name was pretty lame and so was the OCC asking about macaniches. However overall I have to say I think its Pucktin playing the role-playing a big baby this time around.>> - Wyatt

The mechanics convo was in whispers. And the knowing the name thing? People are amused by it, so I use their name sometimes. Plus its possible I stake em out and listen to their conversations (or some similar excuse). I was actually stuck up when I was 14 and they guy knew my name from sitting next to me and friends in a pizzeria...heh. Was creepy.

<<150 ranks of stealing>>

JUST under 200 now. (beam!)