Market Stalls 08/09/2005 08:30 PM CDT
I find it rather annoying that the only four stalls available seem to be perpetually owned by the same few people, whether or not they are actually using it. I'd been trying to rent a stall for a few days, and got excited when the monger told me it'd only be an andu or two. So I returned in the appropriate time and was told that it would be several more andu now (I must have just missed it), and the stalls were all being rented by the same people as before. It just seems like some of the stalls are never opened, though always "occupied."

Since I've never been able to rent a stall until recently, forgive me if I don't know exactly how they work. Are they being used as vaults? Do the items stay on the tables when the stall is closed, or do they get boxed up and given to the Trader like the market tents? Can we have more stalls built in the empty bazaar rooms?

I've just been so excited to be able to rent a stall with no fear of a competitor opening a table in the same room because I have to spend at least three hours just to get all four tables rented in the tent that I've come away a little disappointed that I can never seem to snatch one of the stalls. :(
Re: Market Stalls 08/10/2005 06:18 AM CDT
I agree with what you are saying wholeheartedly. From what I have seen, those currently renting stalls are rarely ever even open for business. You have to wonder why they are renting them in the first place.

How about a limit to how many consecutive times you can rent the same stall out.

Gidske
Re: Market Stalls 08/10/2005 08:58 PM CDT
>>How about a limit to how many consecutive times you can rent the same stall out.

I really like the idea of a time limit of some sort, like three RL days before you can rent another stall or something. That would definitely help others have a chance at renting one.

~ Gypsy Merchant Nabihle
Re: Market Stalls 08/10/2005 09:54 PM CDT
My trader is leedle yet, so I don't have any personal experience with the stalls. However, my understanding is that if you can enter the stall, but the tables are empty, it is currently rented but not in use, and if you cannot enter at all (Bonk yer nose) the stall is available, correct? If that is the case, there are at least two stalls available, and they have been available for several days.

Then again, I may be wrong about how they operate.

http://www.clawandfang.com
Re: Market Stalls 08/11/2005 06:23 AM CDT
The stalls are not available. The Trader has the option to open or close the stall while they're renting it.

"Come fairies, take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance
Upon the mountains like a flame." -- W.B. Yeats