For the record... 02/11/2004 01:55 PM CST
Like Ilanya and Pomae mentioned, conflicts should be moved to the Conflicts folder. So, here goes.

I posted...

Yes, what he said. This is why it's Apu's Guild.

Gidske responded...

<<Hm. I'm beginning to think Lokta is Ruffles. Was there a Trader of 70ish circle bought lately?>>

::takes a deep breath, and deletes his first, much meaner post::

Gidske:

Yes, I am (like I said in my "I'm back!" post) the original player of Lokta.

Next time, Gidske, please don't go speculating on subjects you know nothing about, just because you don't like Apu or Rufhelous. Personally, I've never met Rufhelous, but Apu and I go way back, and I respect him greatly. The fact that I choose to state that by mimic-ing something that Rufhelous said in no way means I'm Rufhelous, or anyone else other than who I claim to be.

Next time, click the Cancel button over on the right, and embrace the concept of "saving face."

Lokta
Re: For the record... 02/11/2004 02:16 PM CST
Well said, Lokta.

Oh and for the record, play this game - http://eyezmaze.com/grow/grow.swf

FEEL THE ADDICTION!? :)

Brought to you by Rottcloar.

-Ruffles

Always highly controversial, never watered down.
http://eyezmaze.com/grow/grow.swf
Re: For the record... 02/11/2004 03:17 PM CST
Lokta is Lokta

http://www.drtraders.net/gallery
Re: For the record... 02/11/2004 03:20 PM CST
Lokta, for all your "I've been here since the dawn of time" rambling, you sure don't know Gidske very well. Bought characters are his biggest pet peeve. And while it does lead to snarky comments and loads of laughter (I blew Sprite through my nose when I saw his post about Ruffy buying you), I don't think it should lead to violence. The bought character thread has already been done, been settled, and is not worth getting upset about.

I must say, between Gossford's rantings and this new evidence about Theren, plus Ashkan's (Sorry about the spelling of your name, man) raging war with the empath, I'm starting to seriously wonder about the neighbors to the north. In fact, when my friend was training up her trader, she'd often sit in the Theren, Riverhaven, and Shard gem shops, where she didn't have to compete with bigger names in Crossing, and she complained constantly about the atmosphere in Theren. What's going on, I wonder?

Perhaps I should write a song...

"Oh my pouch holds no lirums, tonight.
The black market has stolen all the light
That shines on metals old and rare
... what rhymes with rare besides hair?

- Nyken
Re: For the record... 02/11/2004 03:22 PM CST
And before you fly off the handle again, I was in no way implying that you were bought.

- Nyken
Re: For the record... 02/11/2004 06:46 PM CST
<<for all your "I've been here since the dawn of time" rambling>>

Uh, okay. It's true that I have played a Trader for a long time. I must be writing in such a manner that makes people want to read into my posts more than I intended to put there. This was not my intention. I like this guild and this game, and I play my character in a certain way. I've had fun doing this. I respect how other people play their Trader. That's my general theme.

<<And before you fly off the handle again>>

Umm... Somebody says something negative about me, so I respond and state it's not true. Is this "flying off the handle?"

<<I was in no way implying that you were bought.>>

I didn't think you were, at all.

<<I don't think it should lead to violence>>

It won't. I don't care that much, even if I was inclined to take a boards "conflict" in-game. I hesitate to even use the word conflict. I only moved my response over here because it wasn't a suggestion or comment on an existing Trader system, and I wanted to let people know that I am still the original Lokta. Of course, while I was responding Apu went ahead and said if for me, and Gossford said the same thing later. I didn't even need to post at all.

<<you sure don't know Gidske very well>>

Correction: I don't know Gidske at all. That doesn't mean anything at all, as I've been gone for almost 3 years. ::shrug:: And he could have been around for a long time before that, I don't know. I'm neither saying nor implying anything more than the simple truth that I don't know him.

Besides, I agree with him completely about bought characters. We definitely have some common ground there.

Lokta
Re: For the record... 02/12/2004 12:08 AM CST
>Lokta, for all your "I've been here since the dawn of time" rambling, you sure don't know Gidske very well. Bought characters are his biggest pet peeve.<

Regardless of how big a pet peeve the issue is, the statement simple lacked tack. Anyone with half a brain could tell from other Traders' reception of Lokta (you know, the people who've been here awhile and actually knew him before he left) that he's the one and only. To blurt out an accusation like that when you don't have a single thing to back it up shouldn't be excused with a simple 'oh, it's a pet peeve' or 'oh, it's just what he does'. Heck, I have plenty of pet peeves, but I don't say snippy, insulting comments to people who happen to touch a nerve. It was rude and unwarranted. Lokta had every right to be upset. And I haven't even seen an apology.
Re: For the record... 02/12/2004 07:02 AM CST
As to the flying off the handle, it was the mentioning that you'd written a really nasty post and then erased I found, well, snide. That probably wasn't your intention, seeing your subsequent post, and I respect that. I apologize.

>>Besides, I agree with him completely about bought characters. We definitely have some common ground there.<<

I knew you'd say that! :)

- Nyken
Re: For the record... 02/12/2004 08:53 AM CST
<<I apologize.>>

Accepted, and no hard feelings at all Nyken. You've always seemed like a nice enough chap, and I still feel that way. :)

Lokta

P.S. Next time any of you are in Shard, I'd suggest a nice chat with the bartender at Liani's Heaven about life.
Re: For the record... 02/12/2004 12:21 PM CST
Ill chime in and say its the same Lokta as always. Same SN, Same account name, remembers everything about me, and our history, and to top it off, the rest of his other characters are back too.

Any other conflic in this is beyond me, and I dont care:)

Canten-the one and only, now and forever
Re: For the record... 02/12/2004 07:57 PM CST
Oh brother. I'm at least glad folks take so much interest in defending a non-bought character, because really the majority turn a blind eye to the issue if the case had been reversed.

Then you get statements like, what does it matter? Judge them on who they are in the game not what they bought, among other examples anyone here could dredge up from older posts concerning these issues. Which, the GMs and BM have said they don't want to see discussed, and I ain't.

Yeah, I don't know Lokta at all, but from his posts here, he does spend an inordinate amount of time trying to make sure we all know he is an 'old' player character. I think we got the point now and my comments were just a bit of basely slander. Sorry about that.

Again, welcome back. I only been in the Trader guild since October of 2000. I've been in DR since August of 1996. I have issues with folks who continually use some perceived time in game as a leverage in conversations (which they typically bring out when they want their opinion heard or they are loosing an argument) as it brings nothing to the discussion unless we are walking down memory lane for just that sake.

If we want to walk down memory lane, I'll gladly play tag by saying I remember when Fatique showed up as a number and the paladin guild only had 3 spells to choose from. Now, anyone respect me more for that?

Gidske
Re: For the record... 02/12/2004 10:45 PM CST
its fatigue, not fatique.

<poke>

bags

and i was around back then as well, although my first ever ! character was a trader, i didn't start bags until shortly before the web move.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: For the record... 02/13/2004 02:14 PM CST
>and i was around back then as well,

All sentences begin with a capital letter.

<poke back>

Gidske