Trader GM's 09/03/2008 12:43 AM CDT
Arnimas, Adera, Maece and anyone else I forgot to mention, I just want to say that the new hirelings are fantastic. They seem to be great RP tools. I can't wait to see what the other half of the system brings. Don't get discouraged by the lack of posts, there just aren't a lot of us around that actually have a Trader as our main character. I know you will continue to work hard for the guild. Thanks for everything.

I roleplay a combat trader that has a somewhat complicated backstory. My father was a trader and my mother was an empath. My father constantly tried to teach me the ropes to being a trader, but I refused to listen, as I wanted to fight. When I came of age, I started my training as a Barbarian, much to my fathers dismay. Several months later my mother and father were killed in the second Gorbesh war. Out of respect and admiration for my father I joined the trader guild. I could never shake my desire for combat, so I fight more than I trade. It's quite a bit deeper than that, but thats the gist.

What does all that have to do with anything? I would love a combat ability or two. Nothing groundbreaking or anything, just something to ease the pain of trader hunting with no combat abilities whatsoever.

Again, great job, and Im sure there are great things ahead.

Karnas
Re: Trader GM's 09/03/2008 09:57 AM CDT
We've got some marvelous ladies and gentlemen in red- And don't you forget it!

Us traders do have one ability that might be useful in combat: Speculate Coin, which potentially can stun a critter. But when my trader goes into combat, she makes sure not to have any coin- other than what she might pick up during the hunt. Perhaps a series of speculates similar to the Bardic bluffs that will somehow distract critters while we get a whack or two in on them?

Another thing: Shield is your friend as a combat trader. ;)

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Trader GM's 09/03/2008 10:06 AM CDT
<<Speculate Coin>>

I have posted on this before, but since you brought it up....

Its completely useless for anything remotely close to your level. A little over 200 trading and I think I can stun a goblin with a plat for a few seconds. Completely useless on Sand Sprites. I wish it were better at stunning, since it does no damage whatsoever. Ah well.

Karnas
Re: Trader GM's 09/03/2008 10:32 AM CDT
Greetings!

Thanks, we appreciate it! Just wanted to mention here on the hirelings, that this was originally the brainstorm of our GM Ilanya who began the project and is responsible for the attendant. She's left the trader team to work on building the world, but she's always a part of it in our hearts!

I've got a lot of things brewing and we're working on a variety, but I do agree, we need some combat perks and that's next on my list of things to think about.

Adera

Life is the journey, not the destination.
Re: Trader GM's 09/03/2008 11:25 AM CDT
>Its completely useless for anything remotely close to your level. A little over 200 trading and I think I can stun a goblin with a plat for a few seconds. Completely useless on Sand Sprites. I wish it were better at stunning, since it does no damage whatsoever. Ah well.

Just curious, what's your LT skill like?

Sure it is a bit of a gimmick, but it is better than nothing.
Re: Trader GM's 09/03/2008 05:26 PM CDT
There is a good deal of praise due to the GMs who serve the Traders Guild. They do a fantastic job. They respond to posters, they take player suggestions into consideration and they act on those suggestions frequently. They do work hard to develop the guild, AND! hirelings sound like a lot of fun! Kudos, GMs!

Just a note here...it's very hard to work on projects or suggestions when all anyone hears is complaints. Constant complaining doesn't ever inspire anyone to do anything except ...tune you out.

Arhia

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." --Mark Twain
Re: Trader GM's 09/03/2008 06:39 PM CDT
Now while my primary character isn't a trader, my highest character is. I haven't had too much of a chance to mess with the hirelings other than to check out their commands and try out a couple of them with the attendant

I'm not exactly the biggest RPer around but they seem like are a great tool for it..but also seems like there is a lot of potential with that system. nice job
Re: Trader GM's 09/04/2008 03:45 AM CDT
Hirelings are so awesome. I'd been anticipating them for a while and was very surprised by everything they can do. Thanks so much GMs for making them!

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z