Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 09:11 AM CST
The plaque reads:
Let it be known, the following Traders are those that have reached the highest circles in the Realm for their profession:

Name Circle Race Profession Title

1 Xip Mahh 99 Elf Trader
2 Apu DeGuitteries 99 Elothean Trader
3 Tirsten Evanwood 95 Elf Trader
4 Badtooth Bateson 84 Human Trader
5 Salustra Yonis 65 Elothean Trader
6 Qip Farhill 61 Human Trader
7 Shapeshifter Taken 60 Elf Trader
8 Alisya Spletnker 60 Elothean Trader
9 Alexria Darvinth 58 Elf Trader
10 Zinkenite Wanman 55 Human Trader
11 Gromko Egryiet 54 Dwarf Trader
12 Hostro Trapin 54 Dwarf Trader
13 Vazaelle Valleren 54 Elf Trader
14 Arizona RealmWalker 54 Elothean Trader
15 Thomoson Afilein 53 Human Trader
16 Greyhallow Hexium 53 Elf Trader
17 Zrew Aeve 52 Human Trader
18 Triskel Slackorini 52 Dwarf Trader
19 Canten caston 51 Dwarf Trader
20 Zlarn Ertwye 50 Dwarf Trader
21 Zoomix Skulner 50 Elf Trader
22 Leokey Abacus 50 Gor'Tog Trader
23 Stired S'rit 50 S'Kra Mur Trader
24 Cherish Flame 49 Elothean Trader
25 Bagsodoks Platsgonif 49 S'Kra Mur Trader

Hoot!

Bags
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 09:19 AM CST
You go, Bags! Woohoo!

I am filled with envy.
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 10:30 AM CST
Yeesh, Shapey and Thomoson are still on there? You guys are slackin'!

Tam
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 10:38 AM CST
next goal is to make it to 50th. thought i'd have to do that to get on the plaque, but someone took themselves off.

A few people weren't listed on the plaque that have either taken themselves off, left the game or for whatever reason haven't tapped the plaque, that are ahead of me.

For the record, they include Parseus,Gossford, Idora, Lokta,and Shiln.
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 10:40 AM CST
G'day,

I miss Thomoson actually. He was one of the ones that offered to find me a hit-man to take care of the folks who tried to mug/kill me at Stone Clan way back when (pre web days if memory serves).

Regards,

Godrich de'Finchal
http://webpages.charter.net/plblack/trader.html
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 10:45 AM CST
funny you should mention that. Thomoson tried to hire me AS a hit-man.

Schvartzgonif
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 10:59 AM CST
<<I miss Thomoson actually.>>

When I think back to the glory days of Shard -- Thomoson, Xip, Gossford, and Lokta come to mind. Lokta actually 'gave' me his manor in Shard prior to his departure.
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 11:02 AM CST
I should not forget to mention Shapeshifter. :) As for Parseus ... well ... never liked that fellow much for obvious reasons.

<<When I think back to the glory days of Shard -- Thomoson, Xip, Gossford, and Lokta come to mind. Lokta actually 'gave' me his manor in Shard prior to his departure.>>
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 11:34 AM CST
Yeah, I miss him, too. After an incident of stealing something I really didn't intend to steal (someone's wedding ring! it seemed to be coded as a gem...), he coulda killed me, and after having people confuse us a few times, we kinda became friends.

Friends with... me? Ooops, there goes his reputation.

Tam
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 11:52 AM CST
Hey man congrats on making the Plaque!

Im just getting started playing again. I used to play all the time back in the AOL days. I had to quit when they made the web move and started charging. I was only like 13 or 14 then and couldnt afford it haha good times. Anyways now that im older (19) im giving it another go. Reading that plaque brought back some memories. I was wondering does Shapeshifter still play? and what about a guy named Ollyander? Chances are they dont its been so long since i have been in the realms.

Sirzason
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 12:00 PM CST
Ollyander became a barb first in Prime, and then went to Plat, where he still resides as far as I know--as a Barbarian.

the guy had some really good S'kra stuff. ;-)
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 04:52 PM CST
Yeah, I can think of 2 females other than Idora that could be on that list too but aren't. I think that quite a few people keep their names off the list. I know I won't put my name on the list as I don't really worry about how I compare to others. Don't get me wrong, the list has it's purpose, but I never really worried about circling and did little of it for over 2 years. I am curious how many of those on the list are really active. Maybe Godrich can answer this - if someone leaves or gets permanently locked out, do they get removed from the plaque? Does the plaque have some sort of timer that if you don't log into the game in XXX number of days, you are removed from it? Would be interesting to see how the list changed if that were the case as many on the list seem to have been absent for quite some time now..

~Indigoe~
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 07:55 PM CST
G'day,

I would need to manually remove folks from the plaque. I haven't made a practice of removing folks who have left the game, though folks that are, shall we say, asked to leave permanently, will likely get removed. Some already have for that reason.

Regards,

Godrich de'Finchal
http://webpages.charter.net/plblack/trader.html
Re: Finally arrived! 12/22/2002 11:12 PM CST
I'd like to request that you reset the entire list. Get rid of the departed Traders, and any who wish to can simply rejoin the list. It would enable those younger Traders who are a bit younger to be able to join for the first time. Personally, I'd like to have the thing reset automatically every 6 months or so. That way would become a list of active guild leaders rather then former Leaders, some of whom haven't been around for years.

Mole
Re: Finally arrived! 12/23/2002 08:27 AM CST
Does a heart good to see so many Dwarfs on the list. Go get em my short brethern!

Halast the Dwarven Trader

Who will never make the list
Re: Finally arrived! 12/23/2002 09:03 AM CST
Could always make the list reset, but have another plaque that doesn't for any trader over 50th that leaves.
Re: Finally arrived! 12/23/2002 09:27 AM CST
I vote against resetting the plaque! I like seeing the old names up there.

I liked Qip, though he was pretty bitter by the time he left. He did leave, didn't he? He was always threatening too.

And BTW Gonif, there are a lot of other traders over 50th that aren't on there ;-) Well, maybe not a lot, but at least 4-5 that you didn't list.
Re: Finally arrived! 12/23/2002 09:40 AM CST
Do not reset the list, if you did that you'd lose a lot of old history of the guild, the fact that Shapey and a few others are still on there gives us a chance to talk about old days, and reminiss with old friends.

-Ferrum
Re: Finally arrived! 12/23/2002 11:04 AM CST
Reset the list. Having a list of folks that don't exist anymore is pointless to the plaque. Besides, eventually, they will be pushed off anyways as we advance. Eventually the minimum guild circle will be 75th, and higher.

Trader Gidske
Re: Finally arrived! 12/23/2002 11:10 AM CST
I say no reset. That way we know when we've advanced beyond the point where previous feet have trod.

And like you said, someday we'll catch up to the previous people anyway and the perceived "problem" will go away on its own.
Re: Finally arrived! 12/23/2002 10:03 PM CST
Ok, seems some are for a reset, some are against, and others really don't care. Perhaps a new list could be created that would reset every six months. Have it outside the guildleaders office in Crossing. This would enable the newer traders to see a list of active elders as well as seeing how they stack up against the long departed. What are the possibilites? Would it require much in the way of resources?

Mole
Re: Finally arrived! 12/24/2002 11:42 AM CST
>Would be interesting to see how the list changed if that were the case as many on the list seem to have been absent for quite some time now..

I like that the plaque keeps track of those folks who are gone but not forgotten. A little memorial, as it were.

And congratulations, Bagsodoks, on your success.

Miryam
Re: Finally arrived! 12/24/2002 03:26 PM CST
Reset it, and I wont join it again. Do not tamper with our history. You youngins need to remember that Shapeshifter, Thomoson, Qip, and others who have gone away, have been on that list for YEARS. They deserve some recognition for being able to stay on the plaque for as long as they have, despite thier absence from us. They may be physically gone, but they live on in those of us who remember them for who they were.

And Thomoson is one of my best memories, he gave Canten his nickname "Yak-Lover", and I will never be able to forget it.

Canten-physically gone, but still around
Re: Finally arrived! 12/24/2002 10:44 PM CST
<<I was wondering does Shapeshifter still play? and what about a guy named Ollyander?>>

Echoing Gonif, Olly's over in plat these days (currently on hiatus..but will be returning asap). He pops into prime now and then, so you may just run into him :)

I passed the note along to him since he can't read the boards as of yet.

Gwen in Prime, Flura in Plat
Re: Finally arrived! 12/25/2002 02:43 AM CST
Leave it alone, my names on there :). Bagsodoks and I are soon going to be taking over the trader guild plaque. S'kra power!!

Not Shaken.
Re: Finally arrived! 12/29/2002 11:26 AM CST
leave it alone, or make a new plaque and leave the old one there with shapeshifters name on it.