What spells to learn 04/03/2020 05:52 PM CDT
Yes, i know we dont have spells.

No i dont know which ones are worth getting, which arent as far as the K's go. As for A's, are all good to get or no? Are S's part of the slots thing or still on thier own?

K=Khri
A=Ambush
S=Slip

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: What spells to learn 04/03/2020 07:33 PM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Category:Thief_abilities

Slip is a freebie, it doesn't cost any slots, like throwing blades and dual load.

IMO the ambushes don't bring a lot to the table, I'd personally recommend Slash and maybe Stun but khri terrify and/or eliminate are probably going to be your go-to disablers depending on foe.
Re: What spells to learn 04/04/2020 06:38 AM CDT
I don't know what ranks your magics are, but darken hasten focus are all great for several hundred ranks, and get your warding, utility, augmentation going.

After that, I like prowess for the debilitation training.

Once we've got those basics, avoidance is good, as is strike and steady, dampen and harrier.

Plunder and safe used to be on my 'get them' list but personally with burgle I never shoplift any more, and boxes are ehhhh. I know a few people love sight but I've never gotten the hang of it. Slight goes here too - when we had to shoplift it was great. Now meh.

Same for Shadowstep - this one might be useful if you're doing a lot of PVP I guess. Calm is in a similar boat, it's a PVP khri in that it dispells effects on you. Since thieves are alpha heavy, if you're getting cast on you're probably burned.

I've never liked silence, but I've never found a use for invisibility, so that's a me problem.

Endure I haven't played much with, but it's a stat bump, so hardly worthless if you can run it, though I tend to favor the 'stay alive' skills and stats over stamina myself.

Insights - I can't think of a time I've needed more FA and more foraging. On any character, let alone a survival prime.

Serenity - very few monsters use will attacks, so this is again a PVP type thing.

Sagacity - Takes a ton of ranks to run, but putting up another barrier between my thief and damage is a good idea. Barriers in DR are generally quite good, and while this one isn't as over powered as some (especially stacking them), I've heard good reviews from people who can use it. Worth getting only if you've got 300-500 ranks to actually run it.

Muse - Alchemy and Engineering boost. Yay.

Elusion - brawling is OK, but evasion booster is useful.

Flight - balance healing is the main, boosting athletics or getting random 'come back' weapons, meh.

Wasn't intended to be an all-encompassing review, but my TL:DR: combat skill boosters, stat boosters, stealth boosters, and Sagacity, great. Non-combat, non-stealth boosters, kind of redundant. Dispel, resist, invisibility - PVP if you do it. Thievery and lock pick boosters, not needed.