Thieves Hidden Titles 08/23/2018 06:36 PM CDT
We used to be able to hide our guild title, but I cant seem to find it anymore under title info....

TITLE PRE|AFFILIATION LIST {CATEGORY} - Lists the pertinent titles you are eligible for.
TITLE PRE LIST - Lists the valid categories.
TITLE LIST - Same as above.
TITLE PRE|POST CHOOSE {CATEGORY} {NAME} - Chooses the appropriate name
TITLE PRE|POST|AFFILIATION OFF - Clears the selected pre|post|affiliation title field
TITLE AFFILIATION ON - Turns the affiliation title field back on
TITLE AFFILIATION CHOOSE (1, 2, 3, 4) - Selects the appropriate affiliation post-title
TITLE AFFILIATION CLEAR (1, 2, 3) - Clears the selected affiliation title slot
TITLE PRETEND CHOOSE {GUILD} - Chooses your pretend guild. This is permanent!
TITLE PRETEND CHOOSE {NAME} - Chooses your pretend title
TITLE PRETEND CLEAR - Clears your pretend title AND Guild!
TITLE PRE HIDE - Hides your real title from other thieves
TITLE PRE SHOW - Shows your real title to other thieves

Title pre show appears to me to just show if they are a thief or not, but it used to be able to show "You see a fellow thief, Honorable XXXXXXXXX, Scalper of Zoluren, a XXXXXXX."
I found 1 of my characters that still shows what I'm looking to set.... You see Bondsman (a thief Maverick) XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, a XXXXXX.

Am I missing something in the title info area? Or has that ability been removed?
Re: Thieves Hidden Titles 08/24/2018 07:34 AM CDT
Title Pre Hide. At the bottom of the list there.

Monster Elec

Community first. Guild always.
Re: Thieves Hidden Titles 08/24/2018 01:59 PM CDT
Hmm, I want it to show the "You see Bondsman (a thief Maverick) XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, a XXXXXX." the part about the thief maverick.

Okay, finally figured it out & no its not hide.

You select what thief pre title you want & it doesnt have to be a thieves title. Then you select the other pre title. Not sure if it only works with your pretend guild or not as thats who I chose to use.
You see Salesman (a thief Trigger Man) XXXXXXXX, XXXXXX of Zoluren, a Human.

Thanks though Elec, that just shows if my character is a thief or not.
Re: Thieves Hidden Titles 08/24/2018 06:04 PM CDT
Ah,you mentioned to hide it. My bad. Maybe I misunderstood. Also, if you are given a title for any reason like with my tournament directors badge for wyvern trials, when you clear that title your thief title will show.

Monster Elec

Community first. Guild always.
Re: Thieves Hidden Titles 08/24/2018 10:16 PM CDT
You should be able to hide your profession. I ran into something like this. I think it set !prof.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Thieves Hidden Titles 08/25/2018 10:15 AM CDT
Elec,
Yeah, after rereading my first post I see where I confused folks. Its okay, it was my bad. :)
Yeah, found that out when trying to set my titles. I had to cycle through them to set them & it looks like you can set non thief titles as your hidden thief title.

Enots,
Thanks, that one hasnt changed in a very long time, I always set it to off (!prof) when I first generate a character & make sure my old characters had it set to off. Thank you though.
It was the pre/post/affil titles I was trying to set. It seemed that in the time I was away how to set the thief title had changed slightly, probably with the expansion to the title sets. Or maybe it was me, 10 yrs for me is a long time to try to remember back too. :)

So thank you both for the help & thank you to the thief (and wanna bes, hehe) community overall. :)