Thief reputation 08/09/2018 01:38 PM CDT

Due to the new changes to khri, I pulled my younger thief out of retirement, but was killed trying to get into the guild. I took care of warrants I had but am still getting killed when i try and enter. Is there a way I can check my reputation level so I know when it is safe? Thanks for help, I dont play her very often so am not sure.
Re: Thief reputation 08/09/2018 01:54 PM CDT
hopefully I'm not violating any secrecy rules here but check guild page on elanthipedia, link on main dr page.

also might try going to different guild (ie go to ilithi instead of zolurens, or therenboughs) till it cools off some. sounds like the "hot weather" is too much right now for the guild you're trying to get too. And yes, this is mentioned on epedia, (hint hint..think of how others are treating her/him, their ideas of her)

good luck
Re: Thief reputation 08/09/2018 02:23 PM CDT

I will definitely do that. Is there a way to check reputation in each town so I can know when I am able to reenter the guild?
Re: Thief reputation 08/09/2018 03:36 PM CDT
You can check your rep with any of the guild contacts in each main town. You should be able to do tasks to help repair your rep. Once you can get into the guild again, steal and bin like a demon.

With the removal of “secrecy” for Thieves by Simu, most of us Thief prime players didn’t agree, so we aren’t as likely to give handouts of info. People have ruined plenty of things with the wiki, but as a player community we’ve decided we will not be updating incorrect information nor will we be handing out the results of our hours spent testing various systems and what not. However, a little RP interaction goes an awful long way IG. There has been a strong resurgence of the previously mentioned Thief community. I urge anyone interested to keep an ear to the ground and be active when the events present themselves. We often run small events and contests. We’ve also been having guild parties and contests with some pretty sweet prizes (And no, it’s not huggy smoochy hither and thither bs). But that is your foot in the door. The guild gweth channel will almost always net you a response. As far as the RP community of Thieves goes these days, you get out what you put in. Good luck! And welcome back to The Guild.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Thief reputation 08/09/2018 04:28 PM CDT
To my knowledge I recall at least 2 maybe 3 that you can check with in each town. The issue is I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to post them here. I'm not sure if the "mystery" stll surrounds the guild or not.

I emailed you specifically as a site I'd recommend is not a DR sponsored site. So unless a GM comes in & says this stuff on thieves is no longer a secret squirrel info, until then I wont post it. :/

Good luck to ya though
Re: Thief reputation 08/09/2018 09:08 PM CDT
There's been a bunch of different questions concerning our IG Puzzle policy. Maybe I can help clarify.

Basis: As it states in the Forum Rules and Policies, you may not post answers to in-game puzzles ans secrets. Hints are OK, as are links to sites with more help, but as a kindness please label them as such so people know what they're getting to before they click.

Thief Guild Secrets: There are many thief secrets. You can't mention where the location of any thief guild or how to join the guild are a couple for example.

Checking Reputation: How to check your reputation is not considered a puzzle though. The syntax I use is ASK <thief contact> ABOUT REPUTATION.
Even the name of that thief contact is technically not a secret. As a matter a precedence, there's a GM post in The Thieves - Game Master and Official Announcements in 2007 that outs who they are. But in the spirit of giving hints, you would have to BEG me for his name. Others may post it if they want.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Thief reputation 08/10/2018 10:04 AM CDT
Thank you Helje,
I know about that other guild secrecy & such issues but was unsure about how much still surrounded thieves, hence my taking the cautious route & privately emailing the poster with more info. I know they wanted it & I felt this was it wouldnt spoil it for any others if I went too far or cause work for ya'll. :)

I also realized how others like Elec feel, while I dont main a thief I do run one on occasion & getting answers or help IG is sometimes a PITA. But I'm fine with that, since I dont play my thieves all that often.

I'll try to remember about that I can give other sites than elantipedia, and the info about the GM post but that was all the way back in 07, umm, 11 years ago? (How time flies) And like others have said these boards are not exactly the easiest to search.

But I'm hoping I helped the OP, I also see a "upstanding citizen" mentor meeting is coming up so maybe others can get help there. I also stumbled upon a guild meeting the other day, in crossings, & they were pretty helpful too. Good way to get some rp'ing in & maybe get some answers like Elecs player said. :)
Re: Thief reputation 08/10/2018 10:27 AM CDT
Re: forums search

While trying to search for things within the forums themselves is .. quirky at best, someone did recently write a rather awesome forums search.

https://ry4n.pw/drforumsearch/

It is updated every few weeks, as far as I know, and should be able to find older things fairly easily.

You can search for account names, or terms or phrases within each post.

Happy searching!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Thief reputation 08/10/2018 03:36 PM CDT
I just wanted to help too. :)

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator