Defense vs. Location Spell 01/03/2017 10:03 AM CST
What determines whether or not a moon mage or another character can locate a thief when they are hidden? Perhaps Stealth ranks, agility, reflexes, discipline, and whether or not KHRI SKULK is active? Any ideas? Thanks! Also, how much of a boost is KHRI SKULK?
Re: Defense vs. Location Spell 01/03/2017 01:03 PM CST
Skulk flat out nullifies locate and familiars.

As for locating without skulk, I know stealth ranks play a large part, but I don't see anything in my notes from over the years indicating what else.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Defense vs. Location Spell 01/03/2017 01:42 PM CST
Happy to hear about Skulk. Thanks Elec.
Re: Defense vs. Location Spell 01/03/2017 02:04 PM CST
No problem.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Defense vs. Location Spell 01/03/2017 03:15 PM CST
>What determines whether or not a moon mage or another character can locate a thief when they are hidden?

Paraphrased from this thread:
http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/General%20Discussions%20-%20Moon%20Mages/thread/1726569

'At no level of stealth skill are you ever immune to locate... (contest is) Perc vs stealth. There's a fairly simple way to get a large bonus to either side of the contest...I'll go ahead and say invisibility is a hefty bonus to the hiding side - I think that's fairly obvious.' - Raesh

As a Moon Mage of middle of the road skill, Khri Skulk and/or Bard Sanctuary are just about the only things that can stop a determined locate outside of the anti-locate rings (which are extraordinarily situational) and rooms warded against clairvoyance. There's probably a combination of anti-magic Barbarian abilities that would accomplish the same but by the point a barbarian can use them all you don't really need to locate them.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page