Bow vs. Crossbow 04/03/2016 07:35 PM CDT
I have been training weapons for a fair time now, but am wondering if I should train a short bow over a crossbow for sniping. Perhaps a repeater, which I am about to get, will even things out... Any thoughts?
Re: Bow vs. Crossbow 04/03/2016 08:01 PM CDT
Train crossbow.

The shield penalty pretty much makes it pointless to use Bow as a primary ranged weapon anymore. My stonebow is just as effective as my silverwood shortbow in PvE, and my Bow is 200 ranks over Crossbow. In PvP I can hit people more consistently with SE than with my bow, and they are at equal ranks.

Crossbow doesn't have the offensive/defensive penalty with shield and it allows you to use LT in your offhand at the same time.
Re: Bow vs. Crossbow 04/03/2016 08:07 PM CDT
I'd go with xbow every time. You could train both, but with the state of ranged and thieves at the moment, the best thing you really have is a harder hitting opening attack to set yourself up for melee. I train crossbow and slings, I opted out of bow since I didn't really feel like training all 3 and I won't ever use bow over xbow, so slings just for the hell of it really.