Utility Training 03/15/2016 08:19 PM CDT
Wondering what the best khri to run to train utility is/are? Currently sitting at 248 Util, 382 IM. I have all the utility Khri except Liberation, and find that sagacity does little or nothing to train. It drops very quickly and costs a ton.

Shadowstep trains a little, and I keep up Sensing pretty much 100% of the time I'm not in combat just to keep Utility moving, but I'd like to be able to lock it without khri meditating forever - ideally in combat. Any advice?
Re: Utility Training 03/15/2016 08:29 PM CDT
<<Any advice?

I'm not sure it applies at higher ranks, but at lower ranks than you have I was able to extend the learning of Hasten by stacking it with other khri. The skill of the other khri doesn't matter. So Hasten by itself had stopped teaching me, but Hasten and any other khri simultaneously allowed it to teach. Maybe try playing around with combinations that allow you to use more khri at once.
Re: Utility Training 03/15/2016 08:36 PM CDT
At somewhere near your ranks, I use avoidance and damp to keep aug/uti going strong. At 250+ concentration I can run that with prowess to work all my magics in combat.

Sagacity is going to be like..400+ ranks to use or something ridiculous.
Re: Utility Training 03/15/2016 08:40 PM CDT
Once you have the ranks and concentration to keep Sagacity up for longer than a couple of minutes it's a great trainer. Before then I find Dampen + Hasten in combat to be adequate to keep Utility moving. Out of combat I would switch to using Serenity over Sensing. It's a higher tier so it will teach better, but shouldn't tank your concentration like Sagacity will.

If you want to avoid using Khri Meditate you have to be ok with your magic skills locking fairly slowly.
Re: Utility Training 03/15/2016 09:02 PM CDT

>I use avoidance and damp to keep aug/uti going strong

Yeah no problems with Aug, but keeping dampen up more even when I'm not actively using stealth is a good idea.

>Out of combat I would switch to using Serenity over Sensing

Makes sense.

>If you want to avoid using Khri Meditate you have to be ok with your magic skills locking fairly slowly

Yeah I guess Prowess/Guile spoil me and I should throttle back my util expectations or just suck it up and meditate.

Thanks to all who chimed in.