water 02/20/2016 04:28 PM CST
seems as though I cant steal water from the alchemist shop in the crossing, i thought this was supposed at 0 thievery?
Re: water 02/20/2016 04:44 PM CST
>seems as though I cant steal water from the alchemist shop in the crossing, i thought this was supposed at 0 thievery?

Steal water in vat. You have to specify.

I did it today straight out of the character manager with an unguilded thief. You'll want to remove all your armor.
Re: water 02/20/2016 05:31 PM CST
We made the water literally as easy as we possibly can short of writing an auto-success exemption in the code. Though that might not be a terrible idea come to think of it.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: water 02/20/2016 05:59 PM CST

thats strange, typed in steal water from vat, steal water in vat, steal water vat... been to jail 5 times today. then again i'm trying this in Dr plat and not prime
Re: water 02/20/2016 06:56 PM CST
Just tried it in plat.

> steal water in vat
>You move stealthily toward some water, attempting to avoid the notice of a sales clerk, but at the last minute you realize that you are being watched and should back off.
Roundtime: 5 sec

Straight out of the character manager, human, 15 in disc/refl/agil just to see. Same results at 10 or 15. Tried about 10 pulls and never got caught but never succeeded either.

I'd guess the change to stealing water never got pushed to Plat.

Also never taught thievery.
Re: water 02/20/2016 07:38 PM CST

Thanks, and I thought I was crazy!
Re: water 02/20/2016 10:37 PM CST
>>I'd guess the change to stealing water never got pushed to Plat.

There was no code change, just the shop. I'll check to see if we have the price match in plat though and update it if not.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: water 02/21/2016 01:39 AM CST
Walmart would price match.
Re: water 09/25/2017 02:26 PM CDT
I'm a really old player returning to the game. In which part of the shop do you need to steal the water from?
Re: water 09/25/2017 03:53 PM CDT
I'm not exactly sure what you're after but how about ..

DIR Chizili's Alchemy

>tap water
You tap some water inside a series of vats.