Afterwards 09/19/2013 04:08 PM CDT
Glancing at her familiar surroundings, the flame-haired Human motions to a young S'Kra Mur waiter passing through the cigar room. The snifter of Ulf'hara grappa occupying her right hand reflects the light as she tilts the glass back and forth distractedly.

"Yes, ma'am?" he asks, adjusting his burgundy uniform for a better fit. An embroidered raven accents his vest.

"Might you happen to have a quill handy?" she inquires. She leans forward and sets the drink on a nearby table.

"Indeed, ma'am. I will fetch it for you at once," he says. He walks away from her, heading toward the bar area. After a few moments spent shuffling under the counter, he returns to where she is seated. "Here you are," he says as he hands her the item.

"Thanks very much," she responds. The attendant correctly interprets her subtle nod as his cue to leave. He smiles politely and walks with purpose toward the entertainment room to engage several patrons with half-empty glasses.

The woman retrieves a charred piece of parchment from her haversack and lays it on the table next to her drink. She picks up the quill, twirls it a few times between her fingers, and begins to write in loopy, feminine script.

"A –
It was good to see you this evening. I am glad things have been going well for you with your residency in Raven's Court. Know that I am looking forward to new creations soon, so hopefully some inspiration will strike you in the near future.

Needless to say, I am interested to learn more about this Sabinne woman and her reputation within the guild. She told me she affiliates with Shard, so I am curious as to what brings her to the Crossing. You seem to know a bit more about her, and if you trust her, I will as well.

Thank you for the updates you shared with me. I am sorry to hear that Alrina's condition is unchanged, if not worse. She was always eccentric, but I suppose we all knew that after the tragic events that transpired with the Kestrel, she would never be the same. I hope the Lyba Khalo and the rest of the Rose Sisters continue to provide her with the care she needs.

It eases my soul to hear that the Merchant is in good standing with the Council. His transition to Kalag was not an easy one, and I know it took a toll on him, especially since he was one of the Black's loyal regulators. As you are well aware, some of the brethren still struggle with his ascension to Guildleader, but I hope most will come to see that it was the best thing for Zoluren and the guild as a whole. I think he keeps himself as busy as possible because he knows they will pounce on any little mistake.

Finally, I am very pleased to learn that you are serving as the liaison between the Island and Zoluren. Do let me know if the Curator requires my service again at any point. I am currently seeking out useful contacts around the province and within the guild. There have been several faces – both old and new – that have crossed my path in the past few days. I am keeping several people in mind that I think might serve us well in the future.

Keep safe until I see you next.

– P"

Upon finishing her letter, the woman folds the parchment in three so the text is contained inside. She searches the area for the same S'Kra Mur and finds him wiping a rag into the oak bar. He notices her stare and ceases his task. She nods slightly, purposefully. He acknowledges her silent summon and hastily walks toward her chair.

"If you can please see that the Artist upstairs receives this," she signs as she motions to the note in her hand, "I would be much obliged." She reaches for her grappa, places it to her lips, and lifts her gaze to meet the attendant's eyes.

"Certainly, ma'am. I will deliver it personally myself," he signs in confirmation. He accepts the letter and tucks it inside his vest pocket.

"Thank you very much," she signs. Crossing her legs, she leans back in the distressed leather chair and watches him leave. She swirls the light golden liquid in her snifter, smiling as she lets her mind drift into nostalgia.