A Note on The Round Wooden Table 06/25/2007 11:40 PM CDT
You notice a rather worse-for-wear note on the round wooden table, weighted there among various other bits of debris by a shot of red tequila. Some of the tequila has since sloshed onto the note, blurring the already nearly illegible handwriting. The note itself is scrawled on the back of what appears to have once been part of a silver leucro anatomy chart, obviously freshly liberated from the Empath's shop.

The note itself is fraught with misspellings and is obviously the painstaking work of someone who is not entirely literate. It seems to read:

"I've decided to head back to Ratha for a while -- I can't keep clear of the lice here and I'm starting to get some really persistent scabrous boils. The air near the docks back home always seems to do me good. Spend enough time here and you'll see for yourself. Send me word if my presence is needed back here for whatever reason. I've done what I can to spread the word but now I'm just repeating myself. Doubtless Zukir will rest easier knowing his knickers are safe from my depredations."

There is no signature, just a cramped glyph which might or might not be the word "Miscreant."