People of other guilds 01/16/2005 06:42 PM CST
I have seen people of other guilds with items sold only to our kind...what can and should we do about this...One item is a small blackened case the other a midnight blue bandolier embroidered in black with the stalking panther of Damaris..if these are just normal things please let me know but if they are intended for those of the brotherhood they are not being used that way.

Re: People of other guilds 01/16/2005 10:06 PM CST
the case is from the thief area in the ship fest, the bandolier is from ambika, its illegal for them to have. I would say either contact a higher up member of the guild and ask them if theres anything they can do about it, or, stand in front of the guild leader and "report to <insert GL name here>, so and so was seen with this item in near such and such a place, can you do something about it?"

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

~TEH Zombie Ninja Monkey Pirate

You've gained a new rank in backstabbing.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: People of other guilds 01/16/2005 10:52 PM CST
The bandoliers were sold at a merchant open to everyone quite awhile ago (when the 6 plat selling price was ALOT of money). As such, they're not a restricted item, as there's no way to tell whether the item is from the first merchant, or from Ambika's "liberated" stock.

Other items, if you've got questions over, send a REPORT TO KALAG in with the item and name of the person, preferably when they're in game, and we'll look into it.

GameMaster Risek
Thief Development Assistant
What you think is real is your reality. - Robert Kiyosaki
Re: People of other guilds 01/17/2005 09:37 AM CST
I did report on the blackened case and I was told to not use REPORT in that way and I was not using report the way its ment to be used.
Re: People of other guilds 01/17/2005 12:43 PM CST
Heh, it's lovely when GMs in a game have trouble knowing what is or is not allowed. Kind of discouraging :(

Re: People of other guilds 01/18/2005 04:32 AM CST
Make sure you use the words REPORT TO KALAG in your report. If a GM or GH in question after that gives you a problem simply report back to them that you have been instructed to do so by GM Risek and if they wouldn't mind seeking 'em out and confirming it with him that you'd appreciate it. While its yes it can be an annoyance when a GM doesn't have the information that you have been told to do just that letting it discourage you isn't something I'd waste my own personal time with. I've gone through the same situation before with a bow of mine that if its dropped when I die it goes into a "holding area" and can be retrieved by a GM on duty and returned to me. If they one that answers me doesn't know what the situation is then a simple hey...check with Tsem or Meriel on what I assisted on usually solves the situation.

___
Violence does not lead to more violence. The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead.
Re: People of other guilds 01/18/2005 11:34 PM CST
I've always been puzzled by the thief only attitude towards items.

After all we aren't supposed to notice thieves so having them wear/use certain noticable items is quite contrary to the blending in. If I see someone with an Ambika weapon they might as well just have a big ol' sign reading 'HI I'M A THIEF'.

Please don't tell me knowing about Ambika is OOC. So many of my guildmates have been thugged and killed for handling Ambika items IG that my character would have to be denser than gold to not notice and ask questions.

Killing people for handling certain items only raises questions, and people with enough tenacity and money of course, will find the answers.

Every fragment of a song holds a mirror to a past moment for someone.
Re: People of other guilds 01/19/2005 03:07 AM CST
OR not... for instance, I designed an item that looks Mighty plain until closer inspection. Nothing that screams oh oh I am a thief. but its definately something I wouldn't want to see in the hands of a non thief.

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

~TEH Zombie Ninja Monkey Pirate

You've gained a new rank in backstabbing.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: People of other guilds 01/19/2005 08:41 AM CST
>>I've always been puzzled by the thief only attitude towards items.

I've a solution to having thief only items. All thief merchant and shop weapons should be trapped requiring disarming trap knowledge to bypass on a scale of 1 thief rank to every 10 non-thief rank. All armor and worn items should be lined with a mild poison which causes nerve damage while worn. The ability to resist poison should be lowered to go along with the basic instructions for making poison. Thus allowing thieves of a certain standing the ability to have items only they are equiped to handle.

Example: a platinum hilted dagasse

The trap would be a pressure started timer that would cut off the wielding hand of the person if not bypassed. Would require a thief to have 40 ranks to bypass while a non-thief would require 400 ranks. Since most non-thief don't have that much it would be too much trouble for most to want to deal with it.

Example: a battered black leather longcoat

When worn a contact nerve/sleeping poison would infuse into the person wearing the item. The affect would happen each elanthian day thus causing an problem for most without a way to deal with the poison on a consistant basis.

Using ways like this would cause such problems as to be effectively thief only while allowing those that can tolerate the traps the ability to wear the items and in turn reduce the glaring signs of a undercover thief and number of thuggings.

Niayku

_____
Death is the enemy. I spent 10 years of my life singlemindedly studying, practicing, fighting hand to hand in close quarters to defeat the enemy, to send him back bloodied and humble and I am not going to roll over and surrender.
Re: People of other guilds 01/19/2005 02:26 PM CST
That would be...annoying. As much as I love the ability, it comes with an RT and a loss of stamina. When you're in the middle of combat, it's an annoyance. If I had to deal with it once every day, I'd kill someone. The reason we're so uptight about our items is because they're ours. Not yours. Ours. In a world where not much is solely ours, we have a valid reason towards keeping certain items guild only.

~Fillia

"It's got that Catcher-in-the-Ryey- I-hate-the-world-and-the-world-hates-me-so-let's-commit-suicide ambience."
Re: People of other guilds 01/19/2005 03:51 PM CST
<< I love the ability, it comes with an RT and a loss of stamina.>>

ummm that is inncorect.... it does niether of thoes. but i don't wish to discuss the finer points of thief abilities on the public boards

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: People of other guilds 01/19/2005 04:33 PM CST
<< I love the ability, it comes with an RT and a loss of stamina.>>

>>ummm that is inncorect.... it does niether of thoes. but i don't wish to discuss the finer points of thief abilities on the public boards

Yamcer just went crazy....and everyone knows disarming has RT.

~Apprentice to Damaris Ven
Of the Red Headed Step Child Guild
(RHCG)
Re: People of other guilds 01/20/2005 02:31 AM CST
Wait. Reverse that. No RT, but yes to stamina. I always end up missing the (delete) because of combat.

~Fillia

"It's got that Catcher-in-the-Ryey- I-hate-the-world-and-the-world-hates-me-so-let's-commit-suicide ambience."