SABRES! 06/21/2004 12:20 AM CDT
I have a bunch of sabres that I am selling only to thieves, all are forged and marked and weigh 24 stones, they app at heavy but hit like a great. I am selling them for 50 plat a piece. Send a pigeon or courier, or whatever you would like to call it to Mrhankeyil to get your hands on one of the few left in the realms. If you don't wanna pay 50 plat don't bother talking to me. I am firm on the price, as the quality warrants it. Hit me up and we'll talk.

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

~TEH Zombie Ninja Monkey Pirate

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: SABRES! 06/21/2004 01:14 AM CDT
Hrrrm I don't know how my sabre apps, had it for awile...I'd have to talk to you or someone to see how they comapier to each other..

~Apprentice to Damaris

~From a guild that was once feared~
~Now Reduced to abunch of whinning babies~

Re: SABRES! 06/21/2004 07:19 AM CDT
I am also interested in such a weapon. However, I'd like to see an appraisal of it. (Specifically the balance and suitability. Currently, I am rocking a Mendasity h/l/p r/p fairly sturdy and would like something with more strength suitability.)

Rogue Ranger Rociel, rudely raising ruckuses 'rywhere.
Re: SABRES! 06/21/2004 07:44 AM CDT
I'll post an app of one later today when I come back around.

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
SABRES! 06/21/2004 12:30 PM CDT
Here is the app...

It is a medium edged type weapon.
The sabre is ill suited, but usable, for backstabbing.

You are certain that it could do:
heavy puncture damage
low slice damage
poor impact damage

You are certain that the sabre is reasonably balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the sabre is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The sabre is made with metal.
You have no clear idea how much the sabre weighs.
You are certain that the sabre is worth exactly 650 kronars.

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

Re: SABRES! 06/21/2004 06:38 PM CDT
I'm interested. You gonna be around Crossing anytime tonight?

Re: SABRES! 06/21/2004 06:53 PM CDT
Ack, I'm sorry Elec, I found the exact same weapon on the market tents and I bought it. ::ducks::

I still wub you though.

Re: SABRES! 06/22/2004 12:21 AM CDT
Willing to wager it isn't the same, but its ok. All my sabres are well constructed, and almost great puncture. :)

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

Re: SABRES! 06/22/2004 12:38 PM CDT
I'm over in TF so I wont be buying one, but I was wondering if you could give me an IM at Fallen Sanya and tell me what materials you used in your mix. I wouldnt be any competition to you (being in TF and all), but would really like to play with one of those.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: SABRES! 07/09/2004 07:32 PM CDT
Let me guess, he used water in the mix, abusing the system. Did Ruffles make them? That weight and appraise is exactly like the ones the GMs felt was abuse when made.

I'm curious what the official word is on those weapons that are made 2 stones lighter than what was intended by the system and twice as strong of normal non-abusive mixes. Are they going to be allowed to stay in the system or are they going to be confiscated when they are found by staff?

Re: SABRES! 07/09/2004 09:53 PM CDT
i call'em exploit weapon's...i never did buy one, i honestly never cared when some one said "almost" great puncture

the mind behind Jostak
Re: SABRES! 07/10/2004 12:24 AM CDT
a friend of mine had a bunch of sabres that he bought from Ruf, I bought a bunch from him, trying to make sure that thieves get quality weapons into thier hands. instead of having to settle for weapons that app sub-par to those. Not to mention I would rather see them in a Thieves hand than some Mage or someone else. Way to go trying to stop that though. I am no Barb, I can't analyze a blade to see whats in em or how they are made, I am just trying to help some thieves, hence the reason I posted here and on soims boards, to get the word out to as many thieves as I can. People like you are always trying to throw a wrench into things. Bad mouthing a good thing. If you are a thief and want an above normal quality weapon, buy one, if not, then don't. It's that easy. Thanks for trying to ruin buisiness. My IM is Mrhankeyil if you want to talk to me. If not, then leave it be, but don't bash a good thing.

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

Re: SABRES! 08/02/2004 05:37 PM CDT
I love my sabre I bought from Elec, I just hope it doesn't get takin away.

~Apprentice to Damaris
Re: SABRES! 08/02/2004 05:41 PM CDT
They won't. He was told he could sell them as he liked, but it was changed how they were made. If they were going to be taken away then the GMs that fixed the bug would have taken them all right then. And BTW folks, I still have about 5 left if anyone else is intrested. Im me at Mrhankeyil or E-mail my play.net addy

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

You've gained a new rank in backstabbing.

Re: SABRES! 08/11/2004 02:09 PM CDT
Well thats good to hear, and if I needed another (duel BS?) I'd defantly buy another.

~Apprentice to Damaris
Re: SABRES! 08/11/2004 06:21 PM CDT
got a few left, but running out, if anyone else wants some high quality sabres, hit me up on IM at Mrhankeyil

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

You've gained a new rank in backstabbing.

Re: SABRES! 08/28/2004 11:44 AM CDT
<<he used water in the mix, abusing the system>>

How exactly is that abusing the system...?

~Grinstall

Re: SABRES! 08/28/2004 12:39 PM CDT
<<he used water in the mix, abusing the system>>

>How exactly is that abusing the system...?

Considering it was a bug, a bug that has since been fixed to prevent other people using it, I wouldnt say its exactly wrong to state that it was abuse of the system.

Incidentally...
>>Ack, I'm sorry Elec, I found the exact same weapon on the market tents and I bought it. ::ducks::

>Willing to wager it isn't the same, but its ok. All my sabres are well constructed, and almost great puncture. :)

The construction is better, but they are identical on puncture to the heavy puncture ones sold on the market tables. I personally would not pay x3 the price just for extra construction, the sabre's you tend to find on the market table's are fairly sturdy+ and I havent broken even one of those, let alone enough to ever justify paying 50 plat for one thats well constructed but compares exactly the same to the 15 plat one's on EVERY stat.
Re: SABRES! 08/28/2004 02:52 PM CDT
well then it's not the same sabre ;)