Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 02:53 AM CST
The room is quiet. Gybrush begins to tell you the story of his recent runins with the True Bard Esmaril.

"It was late this verrah night when I had jus got done ambushin a few mages an cyclops far out of there normal territory up on the Northern Trade Road. As I was travellin along, still regainin meh breathe, when I overheard a passerby sayin True Bard Emersil was paintin instruments down in Cursin. I seen his work b'fore... it's bout a nice as it gits, so I rushed down ta Cursin fast as I could. When I got dere, the list was already full. So, bein meh Jester self, I decided ta entertain the croud while I waited fer the list ta reopen. After winnin over the crowd's approval with meh antics an havin a few shots of death spirit grog, I was gittin a little squirrely, so I decided ta ave a rummage through his pockets! But, as always before pocket rummagin', I size up meh mark. Well wouldn't ya know it, soon as the True Bard caught meh sizin im up, he poked meh square in the eyes! I fell ta the ground, dazed!"

As Gybrush's words coalesce, images rapidly begin to form in your mind, taking you right to that starry night...

You ask, "Yowch! What was that fer?"

Esmaril turns to face you.
Esmaril appears to be aiming at you with his heavy crossbow.

Esmaril says, "I caught you eyeing my coinpurse."

Turning inwards, you find the still silent spot within you. Focusing on that point, you allow the silence to spread gently through your body and then out into the world, until you fade away from the world itself.

You exclaim, "But good sur! Meh eyes tend ta drift. Surely ya kin cut a fellow bard some slack! I wasn't really even lookin at yer coinpurse.. jus noticin the stylish outfit ya gots on!"

You say, "If anytin, dat be a compliment, good sur."

[Luthier's, Performance Room]
Tucked behind the Luthier's shop, this room serves as impromptu performance hall and lounge for wandering Bards. Occasional performances are given here and sometimes the public is invited in for a few coins. Wine and ale can be had, albeit discreetly since the place is not licensed. A dozen or so comfortable benches are scattered about and in one corner a rather rag-tag troubadour seems to be sleeping off yesterday's tipple. You also see an Esmaril list, some comfortable benches, and a gleaming rosewood bar with some stuff on it.
Also in the room: Deverlain, Pioneer Aricorn, Faithful Llaurelle, Minstrel Faulalor, Diviner Merussa who is sitting, Field Medic Tranta, Courier Teille who is sitting, Guard Gavinne, Pesha who is sitting, Lord Marshal Hegemonic, Kirmiko Amorisse, Tyrvald who is sitting, Satirist Matrina who is sitting, and True Bard Esmaril who is sitting.
Obvious exits: south.

You see True Bard Esmaril D'Or, an Elven Bard.
He has pale green eyes. His blonde hair is short and lightly curled, and is worn loose. He has lily white skin. He is tall for an Elf.
He is distinguished for an Elf.
He is in good shape.

He is holding a mahogany and rosewood lyre engraved with knotwork in his right hand.
He is wearing a composite bow, a spidersilk traveler's pack, a loose cream colored shirt fastened by mother-of-pearl buttons, a gold ring engraved with the crest of the Bard Guild, a jadeite gwethdesuan, a kyanite gwethdesuan, some polished half-boots, some fitted midnight blue trousers, a misty white satin rosette, a midnight blue wool jacket with elegantly embroidered cuffs, some burnished chain, a silver-edged scabbard of midnight blue leather and a well-crafted painter's kit of deep blue leather with steel-capped corners.

Esmaril says, "Mhm."

You say, "Please don't harm meh. I's but a bard tryin ta make his way in the world."

You exclaim, "I mean no ill will.. honest!"

Esmaril says, "Not likely."

Esmaril begins to weave a soft melody with his voice, though the obvious complexity of the verse is apparent by the look of concentration on his face.

Amorisse quietly says, "Oh good Hodierna... "

Esmaril's singing builds to a fierce crescendo, then explodes away from his in concentric rings that sweep through the area.

Abruptly, all sounds around you cease. The distant hiss of the wind, hidden insects, even the sound of your own breathing stills in the in the face of this monstrous silence.

As swiftly as it came, the silence is replaced by a deafening roar that assails your senses with an almost palpable force ...

You fall to the ground, curling up as you cover your head fearfully.
[Roundtime: 22 seconds.]
Aricorn falls to the ground, covering his head fearfully as he cowers against the ground.
Llaurelle falls to the ground, covering her head fearfully as she cowers against the ground.
Teille falls to the ground, curling up as she covers her head fearfully.
Pesha falls to the ground, covering her head fearfully as she cowers against the ground.

The last words of "Demrris' Resolve" die from Esmaril's lips, a mere whisper, as it comes to a close.
Esmaril finishes his enchante.

A tear runs down Pesha's face.

Aricorn continues to huddle against the ground, shivering slightly.

Teille gets an expression of awe on her face.

Matrina sniffles.

Esmaril says, "You were trying as fast as you could."

Gavinne asks Llaurelle, "you ok my wife?"

You say, "Must dis be such a violent eve? I jus came ta have a drink an entertain, an maybe git yer wonderful artwork on meh instrument, good sur."

Llaurelle says, "that was interesting"

Deverlain says, "you're strong"

Gavinne says, "aye, was strong magick"

You say, "Please True Bard, I mean no harm."

You exclaim, "I's sorry fer lookin at ya wrong, truly. I didn't mean ta give ya the impression I was goin ta rob ya. Why, I wouldn't know how ta pocketfish if ya laid the Pocketfishin Manual right in front of meh!"

Esmaril sighs.

Matrina gazes at Esmaril.

You say, "Sides, what reason would anyone ave ta rob a man great as yerself? Yer artwork touches many. I was hoping I could show it off ta the world. I've no malice for ya good sur, only respect."

Esmaril says, "Gybrush, kindly shut your mouth."

You sigh.

You say, "I'll be headin out fer now, folks. Ah hope meh jesterin was more entertainin than annoyin ta most! Sorry fer botherin yer fine establishment ere, Esmaril."

You feel your enhanced vision fading.
Your inner silence is lost to the noise and motion of the world around you and you feel your ability to blend in with your surroundings fade.

You wave.

[The True Bard D'Or, Fine Instruments]
This is THE shop for Bards...

[OOC: What's the moral of this story? Besides I'm the biggest ass in the game... when in doubt, go poof. It does a thief's sorry rear good! Before this happened, he pointed me out of hiding with ease. But he couldn't for the life of him figure out how to get me out of invis! He even attempted to with his enchante. Thief outsmarts enraged god. Good times. Then end.]

Gybrush

Actions are thoughts expressed. Thoughts are ideas formed. Ideas are energies come together. Energies are forces released. Forces are elements existent. Elements are particles, portions of The All, the stuff of everthing.
Re: Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 03:49 AM CST
Nice, that was enjoyable Gybrush almost wish I coulda seen it first hand.

- Zelaide -

The only way to survive the impending doom: kill every last Zolurenite. -- GM Veyl, tongue firmly in cheek.
Re: Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 09:24 AM CST

naa the best is

Esmaril says, "Gybrush, kindly shut your mouth."

Hard to come up with lines better than that. And for a True Bard no less. That's beyond impressive. LOL.. I think you stole his composure and witt.

Besides you looked at his coin purse and he poked you in the eye for it. cheat code none the less but even still. That should have ended it. a POke for a peek as it were. To go and start aiming for a meer glance is bad form...

Let me empathsis
I snicker at American men in kilts

Re: Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 09:28 AM CST

what's worse is... well I can't prove it but I bet it was there. He went and aimed at you and casted at you and thus gave you consent. He definitly had ill feelings for you just for a side glance. But the cheat eye poke says he has OOC protection clause in effect. So I bet if you took your consent there is no chance you could hit them. Thats just a guess though. maybe you can... reguardless you have consent on the True Bard.

Let me empathsis

Re: Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 10:35 AM CST
which is a shame, cause he didn't have all that gm cheat crap on when i stole from him in that meeting he was in with silvyrfrost.

guess his ego was bruised more'n his pock'ts.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 11:17 AM CST

A better more IC master bard thing to do in my opinion would have been to in the blink of a eye just clean out the would be thiefs pockets and with some form of style tell me. Son I was there teaching Kalag how to steal when you were just a gleam in your fathers eye! but guess that aspect could not work if he already set his steal ranks so low as to actually let people do it. So he must have wanted to play the I get even and kill role. Also acceptable if you catch fair and square.
I just fine it bad form to use GM bypass special code like the eye poke to give alert to even a mark then to use that as a trigger to be the toguh guy getting even. I could even live with the eye poke alone as well I don't want to be bothered so I chose this route. Thats cool really he is a busy man. Just putting override code togeter with the pointing and casting seemed wrong for my tste and maybbe mine only. OH well.

It was obvious he was miffed he did not get to do heavy handed attack after the aiming and casting with the 'Just shut up comment" instead of calmer bard flair. I like thieves who taunt tastfully or with some flair. we should be a small pain in the ass. I know I try to be.

Let me empathsis

Re: Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 12:06 PM CST
At least ya dinna get a [Send] ... I exhaled to Silvyrfrost during the Baron's funeral, and as everyone is Guard'ing, and doing many other things.. I was lucky enough to get a [Send] from the GM to Stop that right now! laugh

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: Can't fool a True Bard into thinking yer a Bard... but sure can try! 03/27/2004 06:36 PM CST
<chuckles>

Well, he was pretty fed up with me at that point, cause like I said I had been entertaining the crowd for a while - read: annoying the living hell out of him! O>:-) And I think he warned me a couple times to pipe down prior to the part I pasted, though I was too busy being an ass to be sure. I'm certain this is why he was really aiming at me - for continuing to cause a ruckus. Was kinda bad form, but was fun nonetheless.

And I cut a lot out for reading purposes (actions that didn't appear to everyone, scroll that didn't pertain, me looking, yaddayadda), but I did attempt to backstab him first thing after I went invis. Yes there was a cheat code in place. Since the code was there, I had to reroute my RPing strategy into playing it off as innocent. He knew what was up, but I still remained an angel (Bard) in my crowd's eyes. Muha. O>:-)

Gybrush

Actions are thoughts expressed. Thoughts are ideas formed. Ideas are energies come together. Energies are forces released. Forces are elements existent. Elements are particles, portions of The All, the stuff of everthing.