Tunnel Participants 09/15/2016 12:29 PM CDT
This is very late, but just a heads up that those of you that participated in the tunnel event will be getting a delivery on login sometime this week -- or whenever you log in after this week.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Tunnel Participants 09/16/2016 09:41 PM CDT

Just wanted to say thank you Naohhi! Having a new tunnel was an award enough for me. Just one quick question, is the pin meant to be wearable?

For those interested:

* * * NOTE * * *

A GM has returned to you the following:

a burlap bag has been placed in your inventory containing some items.

In the burlap bag you see a slim leather-wrapped stash.

> open sta
The well-oiled hinges of your leather-wrapped stash slide silently and easily as you open it.
> l sta
Darkly stained, supple leather is wrapped around the white khor'vela that comprises the small case. A simple matte finished silver lock is inset on the top of the case.
> rumm sta
You rummage through a slim leather-wrapped stash and see a darkened silver key, a brief missive, a slender crested ring of twisted silver, a blank steel pin and a darkened steel mechanical thief brandishing a stiletto.

> read miss
A brief missive reads:
Dear Brother or Sister,

While this shipment has been late in its arrival, please know that your assistance in the expansion was greatly appreciated. It is the fervent hope of us that this act has and will bring the Brethren together once more as the family we should be.

Let no one ever tell you that there is no honor among us. Be honorable, even when you are doing less than honorable things.

Sincerely,
~O~

> l cre ring
Darkened around the twists, the ring has a smooth inner ring, allowing it to be worn with comfort. Set on the ring, a diamond-shaped silver base is impressed with a blank charger shrouded by a conceiling veil.

> l pin
The blued steel of the pin is etched with the crest of the Thieves' Guild. As you hold it in your hands, you notice a tiny wheel that you can turn to switch the Guild crest.
You notice tiny script engraved on the back of the pin.
> read pin
Engraved on the back of the pin are the words, "I won't tell if you won't."
> turn pin
You secretly turn the wheel of your pin to reveal the Thieves' Guild crest.
> turn pin
You secretly turn the wheel of your pin to reveal the Barbarian Guild crest.
> turn pin
You secretly turn the wheel of your pin to reveal the Rangers' Guild crest.

> get thief
You get a darkened steel mechanical thief brandishing a stiletto from inside your leather-wrapped stash.
> l thief
Draped in simple peasant clothing, the toy has a single red weeper on the left shoulder and clutches a dark stiletto with its right hand.
> study thie
You study your mechanical thief carefully. Obviously of Gnomish crafting, the tiny articulated thief seems almost lifelike in its movements. You're sure that you could do the following things to it:

POKE, RAISE, TAP, TILT, TURN
> poke thie
You poke your thief in the chest. It doesn't look happy. You better watch your back.
> raise thie
You lift up your thief and look at it. Its coin pouch seems to be getting fatter.
> tap thie
You lightly tap your thief, causing it to reach for its dagger.
> tilt thie
You tip your hand downward, but the nimble thief keeps its balance.
> turn thie
You turn the thief and wind it up several times.
turn thie
You wind up your thief till it sounds like it might break!
>
The mechanical thief glances at its lockpick. It flicks something off the tip, then continues its inspection.
>
Smirking, your mechanical thief nonchalantly twirls its lockpick.
>
Your mechanical thief reaches down and taps the dagger strapped to its leg. It looks up warily.
Re: Tunnel Participants 09/17/2016 11:33 AM CDT
It should be. I'll put a correction out if it is not.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Tunnel Participants 09/21/2016 01:41 AM CDT
This is really neat, thank you! I think I found another bug though.

> get key
You get a darkened silver key from inside your leather-wrapped stash.
> lock stash
You really should close that if you want to lock it.
> close stash
The well-oiled hinges of your leather-wrapped stash slide silently and easily as you close it.
> lock stash
What are you going to lock the leather-wrapped stash with?
> lock stash with key
You can't lock the leather-wrapped stash with that!
> swap
You move a slim leather-wrapped stash to your left hand.
You move a darkened silver key to your right hand.
> lock stash with key
You can't lock the leather-wrapped stash with that!

What's the key for, if not locking it?

I love this little thief guy.

Your mechanical thief points at something over your shoulder, causing you to turn your head. Upon seeing nothing out of the ordinary and feeling something VERY out of the ordinary, you turn your head back to see the mechanical thief frantically trying to pull your crystal ring off of your finger. Sensing your attention has returned, your mechanical thief quickly stands up straight and looks around as if nothing is going on.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!