Den Darkly Dancers 05/18/2016 05:31 PM CDT
I'm looking for some people interested in doing a Dance social in the Den (Thief only), to put some ideas together, make it suitable for a girl thing. Right now this is brain storming and just throw out ideas, it might not happen but maybe it'll be the trigger for something to happen.

(This was Cross Posted in the Zoluren Folder within the Events Folders).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: Den Darkly Dancers 05/19/2016 03:38 AM CDT
Thief prom?

Would it be more of a dress up fancy ball, or a quiet, awkward, frumpy hoedown? I'll plan for the second in either case.

It could be to celebrate the new tunnel, or just a nice friendly party to welcome another out of town GMNPC who is visiting to check on things. We could have a raffle of our own, supplied by older thieves who are rich enough to. We could do some gambling of some kind, maybe? A nice friendly murder mystery party at Jadewater Mansion after the dance? Have it crashed by Kalag dressing up as a Paladin and pretending to lead a raiding party to see how we handle it? Would loud music get us caught? Can we smuggle a necromancer in so they can unleash a construct in the middle of the dance?

But what would make it suitable for a girl thing? Girl-only dance? Sounds good. Guys are icky.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Re: Den Darkly Dancers 05/20/2016 09:01 PM CDT
Down for any thief stuff if I could make it. Anyone suggesting times? Sunday is good 8/9 hint hint. If it's not limited to girls only lol. Maybe I'll go anyway. My thief can gender identify all stealthy like to get in.

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys
Re: Den Darkly Dancers 05/20/2016 10:37 PM CDT
It's not going to be girls only, I however would like a little bit closer to a 1 to 1 gender ratio if anyway possible. Thief events seem to be more weighted toward men showing up (I don't know why, and I'm not saying women don't show up but they seem to not populate as strongly Thief Events as the men do).

I don't foresee any involvement of Necromancers happening in the event.

I like the concept of a Thief Prom, I'm more going with the concept of it being formal, with an accompanying dinner. I'd like to somehow have music be part of it. That's still being thought up.

Other ideas are noted, though for now I am not going to make much of suggestion one way or another.

Really I'm just looking for people to brain storm, so fire away!

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
GM NaOHHI
---
Re: Den Darkly Dancers 05/21/2016 06:58 AM CDT

>Thief events seem to be more weighted toward men showing up (I don't know why, and I'm not saying women don't show up but they seem to not populate as strongly Thief Events as the men do).

I'm glad you're getting an event going! People need to do more on their own. This female is um...not going to be attending though. =P
Re: Den Darkly Dancers 05/22/2016 11:00 AM CDT

A formal masquerade strikes me as thiefly.
Re: Den Darkly Dancers 05/22/2016 02:30 PM CDT
A Masquerade!

I like it, tell me more!!!

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
GM NaOHHI
---
Re: Den Darkly Dancers 05/26/2016 09:27 PM CDT
A masquerade doesn't sit right with me. Not in the Den. The Den feels like a loafers and robes place, cigars and board games. I can see a more casual party there, with drunken charades and a highly embarrassing round of karaoke at the most.

Gowns and masks and classical music is more of an affair for somewhere like Raven's Court, but then non-thieves would be able to attend.

It depends on the purpose of the dance. If its to show off how cool thieves can be, then a masquerade somewhere public where we can cause some kind of mischief with the guests sounds good. If its to bolster friendships within the guild, a more low-key, relaxed event would be better. Because I can't afford a gown or anything fancy and I'll just get eaten up by envy and end up going all Cindera's-Step-Sisters on someone.

What I am saying is, maybe we should focus first on the purpose of the event, what we want to accomplish with it, and then work back towards what kind of event it is.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!