Missive to All Brethren 04/09/2016 07:03 PM CDT
Painted pale blue with thin stripes of dark sapphire, the walls of this spacious office hold tapestries and wall hangings from exotic locales around Elanthia. The room is dominated by a mahogany desk with a high-backed leather armchair behind it.

Stepping before the S'Kra Mur, a Human woman directs a pointed question to the man, "The noises may be fading now, but we can hear them in other parts of the city now. Do you mean to risk us with this?"

The S'Kra Mur merely gives a sly smile and continues about his work, saying only, "All will be revealed when it is time. Though perhaps you should let the brethren know that we're expecting a visitor."

Perhaps slightly abashed, the woman sighs, bows her head to the Guildleader and turns to leave the room, pausing only to say, "I, of course, trust you, but many of us remember the pain of having our home ripped from us once before and do not wish to repeat the exercise."

Spoken to her back, the sibilant voice replies, "Don't fret, sister. I'm much smarter than you're giving me credit for right now."

OOC: The above information may be utilized in game to spread the word of an upcoming event.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/09/2016 07:18 PM CDT
Awesome, do you have a rough timeline of when it will start?
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/09/2016 07:44 PM CDT
I am quite excited.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/10/2016 12:48 AM CDT
>>Awesome, do you have a rough timeline of when it will start?

Currently banking for next weekend.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/10/2016 02:15 AM CDT

Woo hoo! Hope I don't miss it is I have Sundays off <wink wink>

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/11/2016 07:39 PM CDT

+1
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 04:07 PM CDT
Will we have any forewarning when this is happening? I'd like to set the time aside.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 04:21 PM CDT

+1. I heard this weekend sometime. I'll definitely make it today or tomorrow night even afternoon depending. When/where would be VERY helpful...
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 08:10 PM CDT
The first piece happened this evening, and was a bit brief, only 30 minutes. I suggest you ask around in the Guild to see what (if) you missed. Next event will be during the week, evening, eastern time.

Hopefully, attendees will be more inclined to actively participate next time. :)

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 08:15 PM CDT
>>Hopefully, attendees will be more inclined to actively participate next time. :)

Of course you arrive and do the event 5 minutes after I had to walk away from the computer :(

Hope I can take part in the next part.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 08:43 PM CDT
So any news on what this was all about? I didn't happen to catch it either.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:00 PM CDT
Missed it. Any suggestions on how to participate? Is the best strategy to just hang out at the guild in the evening? It's pretty frustrating without any announcement/twitter/anything. If anyone's interested would love to set up a player email thread, or AIM. I remember we were talking before about a thief only IG way to communicate events maybe? The rumor system? ...anything!?

I know I'll find out Crow was there tossing around concin. regen items like candy. Kalag was handing out cloaks of invisibility. Ivitha offered permanent blanket diplomatic immunity through her connects. And everyone got to participate in a thief council.

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:10 PM CDT
Naohhi wants to turn HLC Thieves into her personal labor force.

I don't know how much of this she wants to put on the boards, and how much she wants to let people find out in game from other players so I'm going to just leave it at that for now.

>>Any suggestions on how to participate? Is the best strategy to just hang out at the guild in the evening? It's pretty frustrating without any announcement/twitter/anything.

It's happening in the Crossing guildhall and keep an eye out for Oryise logging in. She's the point of contact at the moment.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:15 PM CDT
Ah, well I guess that counts me out.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:19 PM CDT
>>Ah, well I guess that counts me out.

HLC was probably the wrong label to put on it. You have to be able to enter the Master's Den to participate, but I'm not sure what level you have to be to get in there.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:20 PM CDT
Yeah i'm not sure myself. I am only coming up on 70th circle though, so I doubt i'm there yet.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:25 PM CDT
It's through the curtain from the room with the donation table in it (where people typically hang-out). Try to enter the next time you are in the guild. I'm interested to see what they bumped the entry level up to (it was 25th circle in the old guild).
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:30 PM CDT
You can contact Sendi IG if you'd like to talk about what happened. Crystal rings or track her down in the vicinity of Shard.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:33 PM CDT
Well I got in there. I'm not sure what circle it would take but i'm not yet 70th, so it must be 50 or 60 i'm assuming.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 09:47 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure I was able to enter at 30th circle, but I'm not sure it was the low end cut-off or not.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/17/2016 10:07 PM CDT
Please feel free to post logs and full explanations. Oryise did give the directive to share the information.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/18/2016 08:27 AM CDT
Here is a log if the conversation. I had been waiting for hours, and of course it happened right after I had to walk away from the computer for a little bit. I was there to log it, but didn't get to participate.

Rose Sister Oryise came through a broad ebonwood arch.

Makin says, "Full house tonight."
Oryise asks, "This is a full house?"
Sendithu says, "Sadly...yes."
Oryise says, "I can see my project is in dire need."
Sendithu says, "It is not what it used to be in here."
Chozen says, "I hang in the den fairly often."
Arandrowse says, "Yes this is fuller, then what the rumor brought."
Soosha says, "Used to be busier than this with people just hanging around training and classes."
Arandrowse says, "Which was a NICE change of pace."
Oryise says, "Unfortunate."
Chozen says, "Eight in here."
Chozen says, "One of us is hidden."
Sendithu says, "More than one hidden."
Oryise says, "There are two hiding, though it does them no good."
Sendithu says to Oryise, "They do like to try, though."
Oryise says, "Kalag has reached out to the Rose Sisters concerning a special project. As he has no named Regulator of his own currently, we are stepping in to facilitate the operation of a project that should help.. filter others in."
Sendithu says, "Interesting."
Oryise says, "We do not wish to see a repeat of the Black's end."
Sendithu says, "Understandable. That whole affair was...well, avoidable and regrettable, and a lot of other things."
Arandrowse says, "Probably knocked this den into not being a place to organize as well..."
Oryise says, "My project aims to improve that."
Sendithu asks, "Need any assistance with your project?"
Oryise says, "The first workers that began work were simply not good enough. Too loud. I'll be hiring on more... intelligent fellows that are able to wield a pickaxe without alerting the whole town."
Oryise says, "I do, actually."
Arandrowse says, "Pickaxe without alerting the whole town."
Oryise says, "Please spread the word among the brethren that I will be looking to hire on workers for a construction project. They must be trustable, dependable, and able to work from the Master's Den."
Zevox says, "I will do that."
Oryise says, "I'll return in a few days to collect the names of those that wish to sign on."
Enef asks, "Wait, like.. manual labor?"
Oryise says, "Yes."
Enef says, "Yeah not it."
Arandrowse says, "I'm a contractor."
Arandrowse says, "I've made a plaze, a society building or a few."
Arandrowse says, "A plaza, well part of it."
Zevox says, "C'mon, brother. Surely, you've gotten your hands dirty now and then."
Oryise dryly says, "I do hope that's just a personal mentality and not one that's been spreading around in general."
Chozen says, "I intend to sign on when the time comes."
Oryise says, "If it has become a general mentality, I'm not sure the Curator will enjoy reading that in my report."
Oryise says, "I'm especially not sure Kalag will enjoy finding out."
Riverlynn says to Enef, "You are gonna get in trouble."
Oryise asks, "You're a recognized member among the brethren, surely you're just jesting with us, yes?"
Zevox says, "Ivitha will not be disappointed."
Oryise says, "For your collective health, I hope not."
Zevox smirks.
Oryise asks, "Did I make a joke?"
Zevox says, "Nay."
Oryise says, "Well then. I suppose that's all for now. I've clearly made you perfectly uncomfortable."
Arandrowse says, "Nahhh."
Arandrowse says, "Not me at least."
Riverlynn says, "So, I am still a little behind I think."
Riverlynn asks, "We are working on a den?"
Oryise says, "I'll return in a few days for those that I intend to hire on. Maybe I'll even teach you all a new trick or three."
Arandrowse asks Riverlynn, "Want to work for the Guild?"
Arandrowse asks, "Can you go into the Master's Den?"
Sendithu says, "Always a pleasure, Sister Oryise. Do feel free to drop in next time you come to Shard."
Arandrowse asks, "Can you do Manual labor?"
Oryise says to Riverlynn, "Ah, a question. Not a new Den, but, let's say.. an extension of the existing one."
Riverlynn says, "Interesting."
Oryise says, "Until next time, brethren."
Oryise slips into the shadows.

Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/18/2016 09:04 AM CDT

Thanks for the log man! It's the next best thing since I couldn't make it, appreciate it.

...also if you have any back in the day logs, from the time the Haven guild got raided, I wasn't around for that...

-Varys
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/18/2016 09:33 AM CDT
>>...also if you have any back in the day logs, from the time the Haven guild got raided, I wasn't around for that...

The guild raids happened while I was taking a break from the game so I didn't get to see that either.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/18/2016 12:27 PM CDT
<< I was there to log it, but didn't get to participate.

Thanks and by the looks of it, you're lucky you didn't participate. Those thieve are going to be used as manual labor for digging tunnels.
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/18/2016 01:36 PM CDT

Hey, you start digging around you never know what you'll find. Maybe it's the training room we were talking about they're building? And who knows how the event can turn or who shows up. Last time we had an event we had the guilds get raided. I like the cut-throat expansion, I'm still using them to train stealing that was some thug event I missed. I just enjoy the events period, gets away from the training routine. And anyway this is basically what I train for anyway - events and pickpocketing. I just really wish we'd have a time/place. The Necros are the ULTRA secret hard-core bad guild and they have it up on the calendar when they're meeting. We have 'sometime this weekend'. 'In a few days'. I hope we have at least PART of the event planned out so I can try to make it... but schedules being what they are even then who knows. I just want to make one!!!

-Varys
Re: Missive to All Brethren ::posts hidden:: 04/18/2016 01:43 PM CDT
Some duplicate posts were hidden.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Missive to All Brethren 04/18/2016 03:11 PM CDT
>> The Necros are the ULTRA secret hard-core bad guild and they have it up on the calendar when they're meeting.

Well...that's a player-run thing, not a GM-run thing :P

GM-run events tend to be more loose because it depends on when people behind the scenes have time to sit and do it, plus inevitably whenever there's a scheduled time beforehand when something big is gonna happen people complain that it isn't at a time they can make.

Naohhi is pretty good about keeping people in the loop, though I definitely suggest following her + DR's account on Twitter and enabling notifications.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs