9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 12/22/2012 10:40 PM CST
Where, in the Den.

In order to get people into the Den, I've enlisted some help from people to teach. Doesn't have to be Thievery or Backstab, whatever they want. If enough people show, maybe something will snowball from this.

Further, a few of us have PIRP, so Roleplay!

And don't think that this is going to be better then training for learning experience, if you want that, make a script and hunt. But if your into being part of building something, listen in, maybe something more will happen. Maybe.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 12/28/2012 08:18 AM CST

What's a PIRP?

-
Deo vindice!!!
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 12/28/2012 08:20 AM CST

I'm coming!

I've been seeing more people sleeping in the Den and popping their boxes there lately. Also I sometimes see people in the kitchen.

The Den is a great hang out. 8)

See ya'll tonight. I need teaching or whatever.

-
Deo vindice!!!
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 12/28/2012 08:25 AM CST
If you're in the system you get 50 PIRP points per month to bestow on other people. People can use them to build up RPAs. Usually you try to give them to people for roleplaying well, and such. You can bestow up to 4 points on someone, but if the other person is already in the PIRP system you can only give them 1.

Schvartzgonif's puppetteer

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 12/28/2012 09:39 AM CST
50, no typically people start 10, and can be awarded higher amounts as they are more involved in the system. My understanding is we all have if everyone who I've asked to gather for this does 30 PIRP over a given month.

>I've been seeing more people sleeping in the Den

Ahh, sleeping may not be overly active but waiting for long periods of time, trying to stay engaged is relatively difficult. Most people seem more than willing to socialize and communicate if you wait over the three seconds some people pop their head in (I've seen some pop their head in for half a second, I don't have triggers I don't type that fast so sorry).

>and popping their boxes there lately.

Yes, and people have been emptying some pockets, or at least I think I've been leaving with less than I came in with but that's intentional. Not like I've coming in with super amounts of platinum.

> Also I sometimes see people in the kitchen.

I didn't know people were using the kitchen, I hope they are cleaning up after themselves, their was a rotting smell coming out of that a few days ago (No this is a joke so ;) ).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 12/28/2012 09:37 PM CST
Thiefly Teaching Night:

Recap, we had a lovely presentation from one of our fellows of a few nice places to pick up some platinum if your into that kind of thing. Sorry I won't give out exacts over the web, nor who the fellow was, guild secrets you know.

A little discussion on some of the old rules, and some manner etiquette discussion.

Some other small talk, including a little threatening, something about tyrium axes, or dwarves or something like that.

Nothing of any major occurences occured, few pockets got a bit lighter, and a lengthy lesson on Thievery was also given.

Next meeting will be Saturday 1/5/2013. 9PM ET. Will anything big happen, well probably not. Will there be any occurences, depends on how many show up, but I'm feeling like this one will definitely have more of a chance than last time.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/02/2013 06:50 AM CST

I missed last week - real life does take priority. 9 pm eastern is a bit more ambitious. Looking forward to this weekend.

-
Deo vindice!!!
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/05/2013 08:23 PM CST

watching playoff football, probably not going to make it again. Weekends in general for me are bad. Hope a good crowd turned up tho.
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/07/2013 07:33 AM CST
"
>and popping their boxes there lately.

Yes, and people have been emptying some pockets, or at least I think I've been leaving with less than I came in with but that's intentional. Not like I've coming in with super amounts of platinum."

Ah... hehe. Yes, I like to go in with 100 copper and see how long it lasts me.

-
Deo vindice!!!
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/07/2013 11:15 AM CST
How was it? Anything fun/interesting happen?
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/07/2013 11:33 AM CST
Bunch of old folks standing around.

Not enough new-bloods in DR for an event like this.
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/07/2013 12:25 PM CST
Teaching nights are hard for thieves, since you can't really gweth advertising it and most of the younger thiefly folks may not read the forums. IMO instead of having a teaching night, maybe go around in a group and stir up some trouble.
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/08/2013 11:03 AM CST
Your free to get into a group and stir up some trouble.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Re: 9PM ET This Friday: Thief Teaching Nights 01/08/2013 08:05 PM CST
one thing that usually had a good turnout for locksmith union was planning a night at the museum <throne city>. might be a good idea for a thiefly "adventure".

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>