Purge 09/28/2010 05:08 PM CDT
So I've trying off and on to poison myself when possible from boxes but it still seems to take forever to purge. I have 35 disc and 29 stamina if those factor in at all, anyone have any suggestions on a good critter to utilize for this purpose? I've gotten tired of waiting for it to increase naturally and would like to spur it along even if it means backtraining for a while.
Re: Purge 09/28/2010 05:16 PM CDT
<<anyone have any suggestions on a good critter to utilize for this purpose?>>

boxes conatin 3 types of poisons, you can also find these three types on critters.

Location poison - green needle - would be westuryn, mouruyn and viper skins

Nerve poison - Rusty needle - would be viper spit

Cyanide - dart trap - the new toads near leth

The poison that isn't in any box is stunning. This can be found in very few places, viper spit, rock troll tar pit gas and hulduah surprise cakes.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Purge 09/28/2010 05:24 PM CDT
If your skinning is up to par to get stingers/sacs/etc. I would suggest eating them, that way you can control the dosage and be in a safe place.

For some reason I couldn't get the rock troll tar pit to work for me recently. I went the edible route on this poison too and it worked well.
Re: Purge 09/28/2010 09:43 PM CDT
Appreciate the suggestions from both of you. I'll start working on them tomorrow.
Re: Purge 09/29/2010 01:07 AM CDT
Seconded on eating it, preferably near a trustworthy empath or the auto-puff. I'm sure you know a few larger shadowy brethren who would go out of their way to get some poisonous parts for you, even if it's for a small fee.
Re: Purge 09/29/2010 06:49 AM CDT
If you have any trouble getting dobek stingers and you see Synyster just ask for some. Usually have a bundle of them or if not can go get some for you.
Re: Purge 10/04/2010 10:57 AM CDT
Appreciate the offer, Synyster.

I've been snacking on some viper venom sacs, and noticed that I no longer see "somehow stronger" but instead "somehow relieved". Does this mean I can gain no further immunity? I still don't seem to purge very quickly, but I don't receive very many visible pulses anymore either.
Re: Purge 10/05/2010 05:39 PM CDT
Perhaps I just need to eat more. I believe I've gotten to critical and deadly without more than 2 or 3 pulses, thing is, it still takes forever to purge, the pulses just stop showing up (yet I still take incidental damage from it).

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -- Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial." -- Bucky from Get Fuzzy
Re: Purge 10/05/2010 06:02 PM CDT
Based on my limited experimentation with poison, I believe it is based on stamina; poison with a strength of [x] will take [y] stamina to purge. If there isn't enough stamina, the poison has to run its course until it's weak enough to purge.

There may be other factors involved, but on the surface that appears to be how it was working with me.
Re: Purge 10/05/2010 06:09 PM CDT
Not directly on stamina, its fatigue that matters. If you eat like 5 pieces at once you will purge what you can and then as the fatigue comes back you will pulse the rest.

Wanderer Larze
Guardian Rhamist

Re: Purge 10/05/2010 06:11 PM CDT
Oh yeah. Genie health bars say Stamina, not fatigue. My mistake.
Re: Purge 10/05/2010 10:35 PM CDT
29 stamina and 35 discipline so I've got quite a bit of fatigue available. And when I purge I don't lose much, maybe 20% so it's not as if it's waiting until it's within my fatigue range, if it was it would have done it 5x sooner.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -- Terry Pratchett
"You're Michael Jackson's hair and I'm a Pepsi commercial." -- Bucky from Get Fuzzy
Re: Purge 10/06/2010 03:38 PM CDT
40 stamina & 40 discipline and I have no problems what-so-ever. Usually pulses down completely cleared on the first go round after eating eight parts of a viper sac or stingers with little to no damage.