Voice Throws 12/26/2008 09:55 AM CST
What is required to learn voice throws? I know a big bard is needed, but what you I need? And special requirements?
Re: Voice Throws 12/26/2008 12:00 PM CST
for thieves its a matter of circle.
Re: Voice Throws 12/26/2008 01:01 PM CST
Ok, what circle are we talking?
Re: Voice Throws 12/26/2008 02:44 PM CST
it varies for them. you don't get all of 'em at one time. i'm not sure if drsecrets still has 'em posted.
Re: Voice Throws 12/26/2008 03:30 PM CST
I heard variations and i'm not sure how secretive its supposed to be, but let's just say mid 50's for the first one and 3~5 circles each thereafter until you learn the 5th and last one.

Note: Thief THROW VOICE's are different from that of bard's (2 of 5 are outright inferior, IMO). You'll likely be disappointed by the first one unless you frequently get into CvC (RP or otherwise) and want to mislead people.

Most bards I've run into charge 10~30 plats each. Some of them if they know you're near your last one they will charge even more, so don't tell them and they wouldn't know otherwise!

There's one bard I know who would offer it in exchange for favors, and another bard I know who would simply do it for free. I don't know if they like to be advertised so I won't, but you might have some luck from asking around IG (that's how I found the latter guy).

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Voice Throws 12/27/2008 02:10 AM CST
DRSecrets looks gone to me, and has been for at least a week (I was looking for when I get my next VT actually).

Let's call the first one late 40s, as long as you're not talking about a 'useful' one.
Re: Voice Throws 12/27/2008 08:27 AM CST
As someone else posted you can go to archive.org and use the wayback machine to see the last version they have archived. They don't have any from 2008 but they have a good archive from 2007.

-=Dirge. You gotta lava it.=-

"Traders do not shriek like little girls and worry about magic cooties." GM Armifer
Re: Voice Throws 12/27/2008 08:41 PM CST
Aaahhh, missed that. Good idea.
Re: Voice Throws 12/27/2008 08:44 PM CST
As an addendum, I was wrong about the date it went down. It went down on the 22nd.

From the site:
NOTICE: This domain name expired on 12/22/2008 and is pending renewal or deletion