*ask sai about advance* 04/08/2008 09:04 PM CDT
*glances at lockpicking requirements finally becoming an issue now that weapon requirements have caught up*

Thanks for disarm 2.0 a while back, how bout lockpicking 2.0? That'd be great... lockpicking is seriously lagging behind disarm. I mean, at first it wasn't a big deal, maybe... 10 ranks difference, but now -- wow. More xp from lockpicking would be great. That is all. Just a thought

Thanks.
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/09/2008 07:14 AM CDT
<<Thanks for disarm 2.0 a while back, how bout lockpicking 2.0? That'd be great... lockpicking is seriously lagging behind disarm.>>

gotta agree, my picking is about 35 ranks less than my disarm. i mean, either the rewrite happens soon or i'll have to do like TF thieves do and sit by the door.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/09/2008 07:39 AM CDT
When I asked whether it'd be years or months to see the pick rewrite a few weeks ago in the Ask the GMs folder Zeyurn replied:

>>Months. A lot of stuff has been sidetracked to an extent due to becoming Survival lead, but once Rangers are pretty much stable (and they're close) I'm going to be taking a break from Guild oriented development and fixing some general Survival issues.

~Minstrel Ascot, Musician of M'riss
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/09/2008 10:01 AM CDT
shrugs I just pick through my boxes... still get disarm experience.. and picking gets locked.

Sothios Mori'Taren
Riverhaven Locksmith Union Representative
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/11/2008 08:38 AM CDT
<<do like TF thieves do and sit by the door.>>

Que?

I take care of my boxes during the downtime in waiting for more critters. Thanks.
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/12/2008 02:02 PM CDT
In Elanthia, there are at least 3 doors that you can use a lockpick on to open them up. There may or may not be several more that are set as locked that you can still gain some lockpicking experience on but these won't ever open as far as we know without someone using the key.

Those who need lockpicking experience sans disarm experience will use these doors for training when they can, else they basically have to sit in classes unless they team up with someone who lacks disarm experience. It's considered bad manners to hog such a door for extended periods of time, and in TF they will kill you for doing so.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/12/2008 03:39 PM CDT
get your boxes... write or find a script that'll pick through the boxes and pause when you lock lockpicking.. wala.. nice way to train locks. and you'll get some disarm as well.

Sothios Mori'Taren
Riverhaven Locksmith Union Representative
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/13/2008 10:53 PM CDT
<<It's considered bad manners to hog such a door for extended periods of time, and in TF they will kill you for doing so.>>

I haven't seen anyone killed for hogging a 'door' since I've been in TF..

You people all make it seem like we just sit around killing each other all day for any reason at all. We're more civilized than prime.
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/13/2008 11:39 PM CDT
>>We're more civilized than prime.

Seems like you would have to be if you can't go run behind someone's skirt the second you upset people.

-Teeklin
Re: *ask sai about advance* 04/14/2008 01:25 AM CDT
>Seems like you would have to be if you can't go run behind someone's skirt the second you upset people.

Pretty much. In a real conflict the stakes are high, so it doesn't usually reach that point.