1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 06:55 PM CDT
I dunno why...but this bit thing is just not clicking in my brain...as long as I can still circle on what I like to circle on grin

The mind behind Jostak

I have the power to take everything from you, including your life.

what's lost can be found, what's locked can be opened, what's your's can be mine
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 07:29 PM CDT
>>I dunno why...but this bit thing is just not clicking in my brain...as long as I can still circle on what I like to circle on grin

Well, skip the bit about bits.

The bottom line is that it's meant to let us say "You need to learn x overall survival" and actually give you more credit for the higher level skills you train, and less credit for the lower level ones, so that you can train (practically) however you like. :)

-Natala
"If you were right and I was wrong
Why are you the one who's gone
And I'm still here."
-- Vertical Horizon "I'm Still Here"
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 07:30 PM CDT

Here Jostak. Ill take a crack at it for you.

Its a Hybrid system:
o-A-o one aspect is ranks per circle as you know it
o-B-o Second aspect is related to like AD&D were a player needs x number of exp points to level.

Now to use made up examples just in survival set:
A thief may need per circle <o-A-o>
2.5 ranks hide
2.5 ranks stalk
2.5 ranks steal
2.5 ranks locks
2.5 ranks disarm

ALSO A thief may need per circle <o-B-o>
800 bits survival circle 2
1600 bits survival circle 3
2700 bits survival circle 4
4000 bits survival circle 5
9000 bits survival circle 6

Were if you added up all the 2.5's and broke them down into bits they would not equal the part of <o-B-o> the extra part is your flexibility part. It is the part you can fill with bits from any survival skill.

And as Natala said each rank is worth more bits.
Even in say escaping rank number 5 may be worth 200 and to get it to 6 take 50 bits and thus rank 6 be worth 250. See how it works small. Now say still in escape rank 300 is worth 95,000 bits and to get it to 301 it is 950 bits.

Now if you can put all that in your pipe and smoke it we got somewhere.

I <3 it
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 07:53 PM CDT
sweet so we're getting a exp to circle thing?! Huzzah

~Apprentice to Damaris

< You clamp your fangs on a ship's rat's neck repeatedly gnashing it with heavy bites that rips away the adams apple and exposes the larynx.
You bellow a victorious howl that grows louder as it rips from your larynx.
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 08:01 PM CDT
<<sweet so we're getting a exp to circle thing?! Huzzah
~Apprentice to Damaris

Somewhat, Key word was Hybrid

A min rank per circle + a exp to circle overall within a skillset.

Same will happen in Lore and weapons and armor.

Only drawback I see for us as a thief is as I understand it you can have 600 ranks of magic and say 2,000,000 bits but none of it will or can count to a thing. Since only bits from Survival can bolster survival. ETC.

I <3 it
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 08:16 PM CDT
>> Only drawback I see for us as a thief is as I understand it you can have 600 ranks of magic and say 2,000,000 bits but none of it will or can count to a thing.

Cause your magic ranks do so much towards circling now?

It's not a drawback to the new system, just a continuation of the old. :(

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

For me, there is no perfect day.
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 09:02 PM CDT
I can't belive I'm doing this, but I agree with the ranger on this...

> A min rank per circle + a exp to circle overall within a skillset.

If they have it were I end up getting the min rank per circle wile working towards the overall rank then thats fine.

~Apprentice to Damaris

< You clamp your fangs on a ship's rat's neck repeatedly gnashing it with heavy bites that rips away the adams apple and exposes the larynx.
You bellow a victorious howl that grows louder as it rips from your larynx.
Re: Reqs 09/16/2004 10:34 PM CDT
Ohhh NOW I get it Soim....hit me like a ton of bricks grin

The mind behind Jostak

I have the power to take everything from you, including your life.

what's lost can be found, what's locked can be opened, what's your's can be mine
Re: Reqs 10/19/2004 01:44 AM CDT
the whole point of the new system is to prevent backtraining, so they better not put a hard stealing req higher then the one we already have, cause its not one of my 8

Don't fear the dark, fear what hides in it.
General Lore Reqs 11/12/2004 09:49 PM CST
Can anyone tell me what the general lore req for 26th is? I've been working on this for two nights and looking on the net for information but can't track it down.

Also, do instrument lore's count towards a general lore requirement?
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/12/2004 09:53 PM CST
for 26th:
52 mechanical lore
42 lore #2
26 lore #3 and #4

Not sure if instruments count, I don't think so though.
Go to
http://krinahd.taffeisjournal.com/ThiefCalc.html
for reqs.

-V.R.

>give salesgirl 15 lirums
The salesgirl gives you a funny look. "This lirum is worth more than 15 lirums!"
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/12/2004 10:30 PM CST
Whoa that's different. Hard to catch up on all these changes. Thanks!
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/13/2004 01:05 PM CST
<<Not sure if instruments count, I don't think so though.
Go to

yes the silly instyrments count. It is possible to have lore #2, #3 and #4 all be insturments or singing. pretty silly but true.

Mech has its own slot:
But: Appraisal, Scholarship, Teaching, all musics can fill remainder.

the big question is DOES ANIMAL LORE COUNT for us. That is one I never saw a answer to but it's not that important really if it does not for right now.

"I don*'*t give a rats butt about your empirical evidence, Mr. Sunshine"
Mia

Re: General Lore Reqs 11/13/2004 04:12 PM CST
That would be awesome if it did. The animal lore.

~Fillia

"It's got that Catcher-in-the-Ryey- I-hate-the-world-and-the-world-hates-me-so-let's-commit-suicide ambience."
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/13/2004 11:27 PM CST
>>yes the silly instyrments count.

Ah, I didn't think so because they don't count for our lore average.

-V.R.

>give salesgirl 15 lirums
The salesgirl gives you a funny look. "This lirum is worth more than 15 lirums!"
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/14/2004 03:05 AM CST
Whoa... If I'm looking at these new guild reqs correctly, I just need 4 ranks in teaching to get 2 circles, throw in a few ranks of disarm and more teaching and I can get another 2 circles. Wierd changes to the requirements. Suddenly my stealing and lockpicking are way ahead when it used to be that I always had to gain 4 ranks in each to circle.
Low Weapon Reqs 11/23/2004 12:11 AM CST
This was mentioned in passing back over in the Responses to GMs and I became curious. Why do we have such low weapon reqs? Using Olywdds (which I hope is accurate), I found this:

For Circle 35
Guild Weapon 1 Weapon 2
Moon Mage N/A N/A
Empath N/A N/A
Thief 95 75
Bard 100 95
Cleric 105 N/A
War Mage 110 55
Ranger 115 55
Paladin 130 55

Now, if this is because we aren't considered a combat guild, then why don't we have the same weapon reqs as the bards, or vice versa, since they have guild leaders which will stop speaking to them if they train weapons while ignoring music?

While on this same note, does the load time from hiding ever go down? If it doesn't, it should, since I can understand the non-lowered RT for quiver loading, but for loading from hiding, we should eventually be able to get it down to the same time as in the open, being a stealth guild, if not a combat one.

A
Re: Low Weapon Reqs 11/23/2004 08:01 AM CST
I think these charts are actually inaccurate for a thief. When I circled before I should have needed another rank in secondary weapon but when I ask the guildleader all they mentioned was general survival. Although the requirements are very low it doesnt stop us from going out and learning more.
Re: Low Weapon Reqs 11/23/2004 10:44 AM CST
Olwydd has a note on the calculator that his numbers are based on a GM post on the chart, but on the actual in game requirements on the calculator. I think it's 10 lower on the secondary.

But I think it kind of goes with the theory of having no disarm hard requirement, you'll pick it up while learning backstabbing, hiding, evasion, etc...
Re: Low Weapon Reqs 11/23/2004 05:03 PM CST
Those are only minimum requirements. If you think they are too low then make up you're own requirements. I personally did this with the old requirements for certain skills and I currently use my own requirements for my moon mage character. Nothing wrong with training more.

~Ascot, et al.
Re: Low Weapon Reqs 11/23/2004 06:52 PM CST
I've actually never chased circles. I just work my character like I feel like it, and then circle when I get the chance.

The only thing holding me back for around the next 8 circles, ironically, is my primary weapon req.

"You know, cutting off the only means of escape constitutes a safety hazard. Probably doubly so since that's a circle of fire."
[ 8 Bit Theater ]
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/27/2004 12:14 PM CST
> the big question is DOES ANIMAL LORE COUNT for us. That is one I never saw a answer to but it's not that important really if it does not for right now.

Yes it does. At least, it worked for me.

signed,
A bored wee shadow
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/27/2004 02:33 PM CST
how can we learn animal lore?
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/27/2004 02:39 PM CST
For now, getting taught by a ranger or someone who has more than you do is the only way that I know of, I think rangers get it from playing with their little animals or whatever, it plays a role in a few of thier skills.

~Deuce~

~The Ever Cynical Elec

~TEH Zombie Ninja Monkey Pirate

You've gained a new rank in backstabbing.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: General Lore Reqs 11/27/2004 02:40 PM CST
Also from removing bloodworms.

~Ascot, et al.
1 3 Next Next_page