Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:00 PM CDT
Our requirement in this area was made rather high, which I can see at the present time.

However: when Mech lore is split up into components- there are a number of "thiefly" activities which now are lumped under the general "thief lore" type of activities; including poison-making,lockpick manufacture, crossbow fletching <well, not yet>, and other types of activities. Will we be told to stick them all in a particular area? or what?

Thanks

me

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:14 PM CDT
<< Will we be told to stick them all in a particular area? or what? >>

Yeah! Where the sun don't shine!! Just kidding. ;)

At the time of implementing the Mech Lore split, we'll publish as comprehensive a list as possible of all the Creation Systems we plan to include in our game, with an indication of which feature will require which of the new skills.

I do anticipate people having to make some hard choices, when the time comes. With at least six new Creation skills coming out, all of which will have really cool applications that you'll be able to make fun, useful, sellable items with, I can imagine people needing to think long and hard whether to split their Mech Lore evenly across all the skills (and therefore lose effectiveness in individual areas) or concentrate their Mech Lore onto one other skill and simply train up the others...

As with everything we do, I expect there will be some anxiety over this and we'll help as much as possible, but as long as everyone remains focused on the knowledge that this is something we're doing in order to vastly expand the fun stuff you can do in our game, we should be fine.

But yep, Gonif, we'll certainly give you pointers.

SGD Mean Maelona Morlamgar
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:31 PM CDT
<<But yep, Gonif, we'll certainly give you pointers.>>

Hey now! No pointiung at Gonif even if he did loose his package and walks with a different stride... Take that to conflicts <G>... Gonif I don't care if you did loose your falily airlooms. I figured you were hard up or something and had to pawn them...

Soim of the Locksmith Union
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:34 PM CDT
On the eventualy make lore split and its effects on poison creating.

My personal view, while poison making is an alchemical process, i see it as akin to a backstab when compared to an ambush. Some concept, far different execution. I was always intrigued by the idea of a Poison Crafting skill (thief only) in our lore or survival area. This would not only solidify our stance as the realms poison crafters, but clearly define what skills go where, as well as providing us with a long sought after unique lore skill.

~~From Hell
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:36 PM CDT
i was thinking of pointers more along the lines of sharp pointy objects...glances at the slim black dagger...

EEEEK!

which shall be,
which shall be done;
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:37 PM CDT
no, i just had a very good disguise for a number of years.

which shall be,
which shall be done;
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:38 PM CDT
<<i was thinking of pointers more along the lines of sharp pointy objects...glances at the slim black dagger...>>
EEEEK!

I feel your pain... If I lost my family jewels and saw someonme comming at me with a sharp dagger I would go EEEEK as well. <shudders at thought>

Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:41 PM CDT
mutters something about furry-footed ones unfamiliar with S'Kra Mur anatomy...

which shall be,
which shall be done;
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 02:44 PM CDT
<<mutters something about furry-footed ones unfamiliar with S'Kra Mur anatomy...>>
GOnif

Good grief... I been acused of many a thing. but never of being a "Tail Gazer" It' just is not ganna happen... trust me...

Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 05:49 PM CDT
My concern is the fact that currently we need 300 mech lore for 100th. When mech lore is split, will we need 300 in one of all those other lore skills? I'd rather lore reqs be changed to look more like our survival reqs. When we have that many to choose from, it only seems logical for our guild. A minimum of however much in the ones that are "thiefly" and then maybe a high req in the top 2. Not as high as now, but still considerable.

Hope thats clear enough. If not I'll try and clarify.

-Greg

-Greg
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 05:57 PM CDT
<< My concern is the fact that currently we need 300 mech lore for 100th. When mech lore is split, will we need 300 in one of all those other lore skills? >>

We'll have to do a bit of a rejigger on your Lore reqs when we split Mech Lore. One of the reasons I asked for a higher Mech requirement at this point is so that you guys will have plenty of ranks to play with when it comes time to split them out. I anticipate what you're saying about some specific reqs "inside" some larger general reqs will be the way to go.

SGD Mean Maelona Morlamgar
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 05:59 PM CDT
Very cool, thanks for the quick response.

-Greg
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 08:00 PM CDT
>One of the reasons I asked for a higher Mech requirement at this point is so that you guys will have plenty of ranks to play with when it comes time to split them out.

Very cool,..Thanks.

~Nakeeta
Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 09:10 PM CDT

Mechanical Lore:*314 07%
And some of you thought I was excessive. Hell on that one I was right on the money. NOw If I was only excessive in THief primes last couple years and did not bother with expert and beyond swim, fa, forage and stuff like that. I Semi wasted a many a weeks worth of training on skills just to raise a average I did not need. I say semi because I still have the skill if I need it and the TDPS which are always nice. But Instead of say 250 FA I would rather another 150 in one of the 8. Or instead of like 210 swim I would rather 100 in one of the 8. And definitly instead of like 215 Forage a good 100 in one of the 8. I would have been much better aligned.
Good news is Skin, swim, forage and FA or all my lowest survivals ranking from 208 to 247. So at least I did one thing right. I ignored the right ones the most... Just wish I ignored them more now.

And that for now is my 20/20 hindsight review... INstead of swimming, rooting in dirt or tending I would have sat in Shard and picked peoples boxs. Because no matter how I slice it now I pretty much need 370 locks and disarm and am found lacking big time. With doors vanishing soon I run out of more options to pick and disarm. IN last week on Aesry I got to pick 2 boxs today and like 4 boxs three days ago. Thats it. I think everyone has a pet thief picker or a friend with now now adays or something...

Also FYI. Don't go to Wir Dingeos in Aesry. THey do some uber wild flexing now. Everyone I saw apped at 50, STR, 50 AGI and 50 REF, with stats for around a 85th to 90th Barb. maybe beter even. Anyway they compared over 5 times higher on dificulty scale on offense and defense for me than a 60th circle range critter. I generally figure a rnge to be 50 ranks. So 250 more offense and defense needed than a 60th range critter is obsene if it's flelxing for me. Because I could not even hide at missle range without a 10 sec RT. I could not stalk I could not even walk to meele without being seen 8 out of 10 times. The 2 times I got to meele I wiffed totaly and thrusted. Even with highest combat cookie!!! I also buffed to gills with evasion was taking some extreme bone shard (grenade) shots...
Short version... Run away from a flexing Wir Dinego. THey are insane beyond belief and flex far in excess of what you vcan handle or hope to handle. OH and so ends my rant on getting no boxs on Aesry...

Re: Mech lore 05/18/2003 11:52 PM CDT
yup, shoulda asked me, soim. I largely left my home island because of the lack of box-dropping critters. the dinegos and hrrks are about the only thing that teach, and I'm nowhere near fighting dinegos.

Frostweavers don't drop nearly enough boxes, and moss meys don't teach.

So as of late I spend my time running back and forth between Muspar'I <for shopping> and Shard. <for everything else>.

which shall be,
which shall be done;
Re: Mech lore 09/09/2010 06:36 PM CDT
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=33&topic=27&message=602

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=33&topic=27&message=603

Any updates on how our mech req might be changed? This player suggested converting our mech hard req to hard reqs (albeit minimum) in several of the new mech split skills. Maelona seemed to agree, but I'd be in favor of junking thief hard lore reqs completely. Or if we will still have a hard req perhaps appraisal would be better?

Kaxis

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you thrust a peach knife at a sky giant. A sky giant fails to dodge, moving directly into the blow.
Re: Mech lore 09/09/2010 07:06 PM CDT
I would hope its based off of highest lore that is not teaching/scholarship/appraisal.

Wanderer Larze
Guardian Rhamist

Your mind hears Aethyrr thinking, "fyrel I can't lick my hips"
Re: Mech lore 09/09/2010 07:23 PM CDT
i hope they make it a combination so you can train what is most suitable to your character rather than a set req. otherwise it will just make us all cookie-cutter thieves to stick everyone in either the poisoner or the locksmith class, based on the "bonuses" we're getting to the crafting system.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Mech lore 09/09/2010 07:38 PM CDT
Here are our lore reqs currently for 150 circle:

550 Mech
410 1st Lore
230 2nd Lore
230 3rd Lore

I'd be happy to just remove the hard req and keep it freestyle:

550 1st Lore
410 2st Lore
230 3nd Lore
230 4rd Lore

Train whatever eligible lores you like.

Kaxis

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you thrust a peach knife at a sky giant. A sky giant fails to dodge, moving directly into the blow.
Re: Mech lore 09/10/2010 04:42 PM CDT
^
|
|
|

What he said.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.