Contact Update 09/05/2020 08:41 AM CDT

It would be great if this could get updated to act like other locates in the game. As it is now, my contacts hardly find anyone because they are most likely hunting or not within the city limits. Not to mention, you, yourself has to be in the city to use it.

I'd like to see it revised to use anywhere and locate anywhere. They could make this into an upgraded contact.

Thoughts?
Re: Contact Update 09/06/2020 01:31 PM CDT
And steal the ability of Locating from the MMs? Yeah, you really want them upset even more since they lost the unique ability to make gweths, among other items?

Plus you'll get traders upset that they dont get the ability also, as dont they have something similar? (Been awhile since I've really played my trader so not sure)

Personally I feel thieves should be limited to in town only as they are considered the in town ranger, in town is where their abilities can really shine, not out of town. But then again my opinion doesnt really matter as I'm not a GM. :) I'm just a long time player of old.
Re: Contact Update 09/06/2020 11:09 PM CDT

It's no different than a MM locate, a WM familiar, a Ranger's wolf and so on. It's a very low chance to find someone in town these days not to mention us shadow folks could use something new.
Re: Contact Update 09/14/2020 11:16 PM CDT
When the ability was conceived, people tended to congregate in towns a lot more often, which made it somewhat more useful. It's pretty underwhelming these days.
Re: Contact Update 09/15/2020 11:39 AM CDT

Hey hey, no messing with my Contact Fixerupperguys. I use them daily to get my damaged armor/weapons to the fixeruppers and back. No messing with them. The rest of the contacts, can definitely get upgrades. Just no messing with my fixers. :)

Dalkin/Jim