Extended Thievery 06/14/2016 02:00 PM CDT

I had an idea for training/using thievery skill that isn't shop stealing. I was thinking something along the lines of the new mining, logging systems; but with graveyards or mausoleums. The basic premise is that you would go to someplace where the dead are kept (the various morgues, crematoria, and etcetera around the realms), sneak/break in, and go searching for loot that the deceased were (or are about to) be buried with.

Trains lockpicking getting through locked doors, gates, and caskets; thievery for finding and removing the loot; and stealth while being unseen. Loot could be gems, jewelry, random fluff. Dangers could be getting found out by the guards, collapse/cave-in, or contracting a disease that felled the stiff you're burgling. Could even make some of the things crafting materials; reclaimable metal jewelry, clothing that can be returned to cloth or fibers. Could also throw in some old-looking artifacts like the excavation site or the TC museum.

Possible places could be the graveyard east of crossing, Oshu'ehhrsk Manor grounds south of Leth, that other graveyard north of the gondola, the graves near Sorrow's Reach, I'm pretty sure there's a mausoleum is Shard somewhere, the big Ain Gazal graveyard with gravediggers, and also the big one on Aesry. I'm sure there are more, but I haven't done a full tour of all burial sites in Elanthia.
Re: Extended Thievery 06/14/2016 04:16 PM CDT
This idea is awesome but I would hope grave robbing would net you a chance at some level of social outrage on top of a slight chance of criminal charges (even in the burial grounds outside justice). And/Or a chance of cave-in or high level undead invasion/reaction to your desecration.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Extended Thievery 06/14/2016 05:26 PM CDT
So the museum.

But with graves.

It's been suggested and the GMs at the time said, basically, that they would have to create a ton of new systems, copying out the museum was impractical, etc. So not particularly likely.