Theft Repuation 03/06/2016 01:38 PM CST

Not sure if anyone suggested it or if its at all possible -

I think reputation should be factored into others who steal too. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy; increased fines would be enough. The reason we have rep is to 'avoid heat' which could destroy the gentleman's agreement we have with the government that lets us discreetly exist. Since other guilds don't have this agreement they should be harder hit. They're expected to obey the law as much as any citizen, where a 'made' thief is expected to steal. We have people on the inside that let us know when we're wanted and intercede somewhat, they don't. Since they can't bin it could be reset after a certain time. Or, also, the penalty could be in the form of increased scrutiny from NPC store clerks.

I think it's a reasonable fit to the game's rules and would make the 'stealing field' more equal. Right now Thiefs wanting to focus on theft have to worry about being thugged by our own if they get caught too much, a pretty severe consequence, whereas a non thief can run stealing runs non-stop not worrying about penalties if they have the coin for fines. If it got prohibitively expensive and/or they just started getting caught all the time it would equalize the amount of time we both have to spend away from training.

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys
Re: Theft Repuation 03/06/2016 02:09 PM CST
I would just like the reputation system to die.

Any system which exists for the exclusive purpose of penalizing players isn't good design.

Start at a base and allow players to increase themselves with work, or possibly penalize themselves if they're both stupid and lazy.

But 'nope, this is as good as you get, if you mess with it you burn' isn't fun.
Re: Theft Repuation 03/06/2016 04:19 PM CST
GM NaOHHI is I'll use the term hoping that she might be able to piece meal together some perks for having GOOD reputation.

This next part is my personal opinion, that is that just like there is Social Outrage for Necromancers and Social Corruption for the rest of us. I think we can have repetition and everyone else can suffer from Heat, if your hot, people just are not (cool with you, want to interact with you). Perhaps loss of certain town services for a time, perhaps Judges are harsher. Perhaps instead of the auto guard collect (after so many warrants the guards just nab you), if your hot, you get visited by some thugs first and they rough you up, leaving you to the guards to throw you in prison. Which in my mind that last deal, would probably be a simple thing to insert into the existing code, but I don't code that well and I don't know the code, so that's just an opinion.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Theft Repuation 03/06/2016 05:04 PM CST
Forgot all about social outrage. Actually that makes sense, it should just be SO for everyone on the naughty list. I mean, its not THAT unbalanced stealing wise - shop timers are 1 hour for everyone right? So in that since its the same. Talking with others and seeing past posts I guess its more that stealing used to be something that was more or less just for use, and now its really opened up. Same with lockpicking. That's already been hammered to death though, just wanted to comment on it. I'm definitely excited about the dev, figure it couldn't be a bad idea to keep the thread humming with ideas. Worst case scenario is nothing happens, but hey, you can't complain if you didn't speak up. Possibly a little completely off topic - I'd really like to learn more about the Sisterhood of the Rose and see exactly how they tie in with the Guild politically. Have we had/ are we having/ events where we interact with some of the leading Guild personalities? I wasn't around for the Guild shake-ups so I didn't see how we (the individual players) were involved, but I'd definitely like to see that kind of thing.

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys