Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Anyone watch... 06/09/2007 11:58 PM CDT
this is what i have. works great for my PC and all my consals and the DVD player i have.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-and-plasma/samsung-hp-s4253/4505-6482_7-31864380.html?tag=prod.txt.1

The Samsung HP-S4253 offers one of the most comprehensive input bays we've seen yet on a plasma at this price. While the LN-S4051D LCD sacrificed a component-video for a second HDMI port, the HP-S4253 plasma has two of each. It also boasts a dedicated VGA-style PC input (1,024x768 is the recommended resolution); one A/V input with S-Video on the front and the right side, along with a headphone jack; two RF antenna inputs; and both coaxial and optical digital audio outputs for use with the ATSC tuner.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Anyone watch... 06/10/2007 05:21 AM CDT
I specified computer monitor because A) I have a laptop, B) I'm not buying a new TV.

Because I expect the next 1-5 years to boom for them, for various reasons, and that flat screens will be comparable quality and cost wise to tube.
Re: Anyone watch... 06/11/2007 10:19 AM CDT
>>So was the breaking out of a mexican jail with salsa! Not sure I'll ever eat that stuff again after seeing that...lol.

One time after I made my special chili, we left it in the pot in the fridge for about a week as we finished it off. When I went to wash the pot, I filled it up with soapy water to let it soak. I turned around to do something in the kitchen, and when I turned back I saw water pouring out of about 100 holes in the side of the pot. My chili had eaten through it. After seeing that, I totally believe the salsa thing. I also put the chili in the ceramic crock pot when it's done cooking, and wash the pot RIGHT AWAY.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Anyone watch... 06/11/2007 11:04 AM CDT
You should see what "Coke" can do.

Denz

Join Dragonrealms:The Fallen
And Play DR the way it was meant to be played

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future
Re: Anyone watch... 06/11/2007 11:09 AM CDT
What Coke can do gives me nightmares... I used to drink that stuff too... <shudders>

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Re: Anyone watch... 06/11/2007 11:43 AM CDT
>this is what i have. works great for my PC and all my consals and the DVD player i have

Samsung definitely makes some great screens. I was seduced by Phillips' ambilight though.

Man, that soprano's ending... I hated it at first, but the more I mull it over, I think it was much better leaving it like that than trying to shabbily tie up loose ends.

~Purehand
Re: Anyone watch... 06/11/2007 12:36 PM CDT
<<What Coke can do gives me nightmares...>>

gotta love that coke lore

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cokelore.asp

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Anyone watch... 06/11/2007 11:43 PM CDT
Here's some other Lore I've heard through the years...

- US Highway troopers carry 2 gallons of Coke in the back of thier cruisers to help dissolve blood and oil spills.
- Although coke is used as a common marinade for Hams .. a piece of steak left marinating in coke for a few days will dissolve.
- Coke is an eefective rust and grime remover and helps loosen tight nuts and bolts akin to WD40.

Denz

Customer service should never be considered an expense, It's an investment in the future

Denz

Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 09:52 AM CDT
I prefer Dr. Pepper on my ham. But yeah, most sodas have so much acid in them, they will quickly denature proteins effectively cooking them, and given enough time, dissolve them.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 10:25 AM CDT
Coke does not disolve meat. Mythbusters busted that one. They had a stinky peace of rotten cow after it sat a few days immersed in coke.
Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 10:27 AM CDT
>>Mythbusters busted that one.

While the show is entertaining they don't always do things in the most scientific way

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 10:29 AM CDT
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

<<But yeah, most sodas have so much acid in them, they will quickly denature proteins effectively cooking them, and given enough time, dissolve them.>>

"Coca-cola contains less citric acid than does orange juice, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is ... 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup..."

Yamcer

Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 10:41 AM CDT
>>While the show is entertaining they don't always do things in the most scientific way

Yeah I know they lack alot of proper procedure in their experiments, but how hard is it to test that one really? Insert meat into coke and wait a few days. Meat still there? Busted!

Part of the reason I watch the show is to find faults in their procedure. :) I've written in a time or two about some obvious oversights.
Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 01:48 PM CDT
<<"Coca-cola contains less citric acid than does orange juice, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is ... 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup..."

I was thinking about the carbonic acid (used to carbonate the soda) really.

And I guess I should clarify my opinion, I don't think it's enough to dissolve the meat entirely ... but some yes.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 02:01 PM CDT
Out of principal, I tend not to drink anything that I use to clean my toilet.
Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 02:12 PM CDT
<<Out of principal, I tend not to drink anything that I use to clean my toilet.>>

sooooo you don't drink Water?

Yamcer

Re: Anyone watch... 06/12/2007 02:51 PM CDT
>>> sooooo you don't drink Water?

Ahahahaha!!11eleven
Re: Anyone watch... 06/13/2007 08:16 AM CDT
Ouch. Owned. Good one.

>
The guard stares at you and swears. The guard says, "I do not see why you even bother living."
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page